Stewarding And Police Yesterday

ian_mac

None of these young lads are older than 13 years old. Had Jim and Lance not been there the boys would almost certainly have been ejected. Several young lads possibly lost as fans for life.

Was there any sign of adults accompanying these minors to your knowledge, Ian?

[

there was no adults with them, i watched what happened, the kids jumped up from the seats into the stairs and were giving the away fans some verbal and hand signs. some one complained to a steward who then got the police, the cops had to respond as there had been a complaint made. but it was defused without anyone taking it all to far.

Think not, which makes it all the more appaulling that the police threatenned to throw a few 12 and 13 year olds out into the street without an adult available. Especially as we advertise Firhill to parents (through Kids Go Free) as a safe place for their kids to be for a few hours on a saturday.

easiest solution, if there is still deemed to be an issue from the match commander's report... move the divider cover from the seats covering the first 5 rows of the away end over the stairs, to the last 5 rows of the home end, thus preventing Thistle fans access to the staircase beside the away fans.

• Like 1

Think not, which makes it all the more appaulling that the police threatenned to throw a few 12 and 13 year olds out into the street without an adult available. Especially as we advertise Firhill to parents (through Kids Go Free) as a safe place for their kids to be for a few hours on a saturday.

easiest solution, if there is still deemed to be an issue from the match commander's report... move the divider cover from the seats covering the first 5 rows of the away end over the stairs, to the last 5 rows of the home end, thus preventing Thistle fans access to the staircase beside the away fans.

That's a bit of a rub, isn't it? Football club or childminder service?

They talk about their work on Facebook?

Yes, as recently as yesterday. Will not name the individual as I don't believe for one minute that they deserve to lose their job over it. Only mentioning it because quite clearly your understanding is incorrect.

Yes, as recently as yesterday. Will not name the individual as I don't believe for one minute that they deserve to lose their job over it. Only mentioning it because quite clearly your understanding is incorrect.

It would appear my understanding is clearly incorrect. Thank you for that, Ian. Are these stewards you follow on Facebook friends of yours, or do you just log on and have a look at what they're saying from time-to-time?

Does the club have a social media policy for its staff and volunteers? This is all getting complicated and confusing.

:blush:

It would appear my understanding is clearly incorrect. Thank you for that, Ian. Are these stewards you follow on Facebook friends of yours, or do you just log on and have a look at what they're saying from time-to-time?

Does the club have a social media policy for its staff and volunteers? This is all getting complicated and confusing.

The steward in question is not a friend of mine, neither do I log on to "have a look" at what they are saying.

The individual in question posted in a public group that I am also part of - not to disimilar to what we have here.

The club may well have a social media policy for its staff and volunteers, but the stewards are no longer employed by the club, they are employed by Sporting Solutions.

I'm not on facebook, but i think it's a Thistle fans "chatroom" they post on.

The steward in question is not a friend of mine, neither do I log on to "have a look" at what they are saying.

The individual in question posted in a public group that I am also part of - not to disimilar to what we have here.

The club may well have a social media policy for its staff and volunteers, but the stewards are no longer employed by the club, they are employed by Sporting Solutions.

Whats the facebook group web address?

Ian i wouldnt say the stewards 'outrank' the police or vice versa however just clarifying for u that its stewards who eject...not the police. thats all.

Well on Saturday I can assure you it was the police and the stewards who wanted the boys ejected.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Ian you wee creep, always going onto peoples facebook pages to "have a wee sneaky".