Onethistle Cup Final After Party

ian_mac

When we arrived at around midnight we were refused entry on the grounds that they didn't have a late licence. Jags fans behind us were also refused entry (nobody was falling about drunk and we had females in the company). Disappointing as we had all been looking forward to the event.

Don't know who gave you that information but it is incorrect. The venue owner decided to close early, around 12.30. The decision is not one I agreed with but was totally out of my hands.

Don't know who gave you that information but it is incorrect. The venue owner decided to close early, around 12.30. The decision is not one I agreed with but was totally out of my hands.

They ran out of draught lager I believe, ended up on bottles until it closed

Really good night in spite of the result, just couldn't help imagining what it would have been like if we'd won.

Surprised it shut so early given the amount of folk in and looking to stay- if they thought it was getting a bit boisterous then I've no idea how they would have handled it if the result had gone our way. No blame on the onethistle folk for that though, owner's decision.

It was one of the bouncers who told us that but it wasn't an issue, we got into Oran Mor after no problem. We should have got our arses down there earlier but we felt we owed it to the new owner of the Woody to stay there for a while as he put on food and a DJ for the returning buses. That and we didn't get past Great Western Road without a pub stop...........

Were Thistle players in the Woody? Someone told me but I think they were winding me up.

Don't think so, however we were sitting at the back of the lounge so if they had been in the bar we might not have noticed. Balatoni was in after the Livi game a few weeks ago which might be what they were referring to.

It was one of the bouncers who told us that but it wasn't an issue, we got into Oran Mor after no problem. We should have got our arses down there earlier but we felt we owed it to the new owner of the Woody to stay there for a while as he put on food and a DJ for the returning buses. That and we didn't get past Great Western Road without a pub stop...........

I think I might have been part of the group that arrived just after you. It was around midnight when we arrived anyway - after also being waylaid by a couple Great Western Road's hostelries - and we were quite surprised that place had decided to shut so early. Initially I thought this might have been because the place was dead, what with Thistle getting beat and all, but from some of the posts on this thread it would seem that it was jumping.

Buchanio has already touched on it, but I just wonder if the club running out of draught beer had a bearing on their decision to close when they did; i.e. bottled beer was in limited supply, so any further fans arriving in expectation of some sorrow-drowning could have been in for yet another disappointment. If that is the case then it is a bit shambolic from the club's point of view, although it is nice to think that even in defeat we managed to drink the place dry. :D

We ended up in Oran Mor too, which was fine intially, until a small group of Jags fans had the temerity to burst into song. At this point both singers and non-singers were told by the bar's 'security' staff - politely at first, less so very shortly after - to cover up their colours. I found this a bit strange, as they had seemed happy to admit us in the first place, football colours and all.