Who'll Lift The Trophy?

allyo

Three days behind most on this forum, but now willing to believe we've done it! Just wondered, who do you think will lift the trophy? Paul Paton if he gets back in the team... But Paul Paton regardless? Or will it be captain on the day? Could be SOJ or Erskine? Or Archie? Doubt it. Will be an iconic picture whoever it is. (Hope I've not jinxed it)

Paul Paton is the only choice in front of Archie.

What the feck was SOJ all about throwing his captains armband on the pitch for Erskine to have to pick up ?

Sour grapes or what ? Whatched him acknowledge Erskine and the bench when he left the field but why do that ?

Paul Paton is the only choice in front of Archie.

What the feck was SOJ all about throwing his captains armband on the pitch for Erskine to have to pick up ?

Sour grapes or what ? Whatched him acknowledge Erskine and the bench when he left the field but why do that ?

I wouldn't read too much into that, I think it was more to do with the frustration of today's game. He came off in the CC final too and seemed fine there.

I wouldn't read too much into that, I think it was more to do with the frustration of today's game. He came off in the CC final too and seemed fine there.

Possibly just thought a stupid thing to do.

To hand the armband to Erskine is what I would have expected a team mate to do not toss it on the floor just outside the half way line.

Like the POTS award, the whole team should have a hand on the trophy when its raised!

I'd be very disappointed if a proper POTY was not chosen. Big season with lots of big players, they win the title, the trophy, the medals as a team. That's the major prize. POTY is a bonus for an outstanding individual contribution, of which there have been many. I'd vote for Erskine but Bannigan, Paton, Muirhead and Balatoni would all be worth a shout. And the rest of them would have walked it any other season. What a team!

I'd be very disappointed if a proper POTY was not chosen. Big season with lots of big players, they win the title, the trophy, the medals as a team. That's the major prize. POTY is a bonus for an outstanding individual contribution, of which there have been many. I'd vote for Erskine but Bannigan, Paton, Muirhead and Balatoni would all be worth a shout. And the rest of them would have walked it any other season. What a team!

If it's an individual then i think Erskine is right. He's done things not seen at Firhill for a very long time - is he up for player of the year for the whole division?