New World Record For Jags

allyo

As I doubt anyone will be able to disprove it, I'm claiming that the Jags are on the verge of a new world record. I doubt if a team in senior football has ever won its league while not winning an away game for a full 5 and a half months (without a winter break). Thistle went from Sept 15th (Livingstone) to March 2nd (Dunfermline) without an away win. Key to acheiving this, if anyone else would like to try to break this record is:

- Win virtually every home game all season

- Win virtually every away game outwith this period

- Draw most of your away games within the period

- Have as many away games as possible within the period postponed or abandonned so you can play them outwith the period

- Punt your manager who couldn't win an away game for toffee (or better still, have another team poach him, and maybe get compensation, if he has any decency).

Right, who wants to challenge my claim?

• Like 1

The form since the Dumbarton game has been astounding. 14 league games played 12 wins and 2 draws. It was only 7/8 weeks ago that we were 8 points behind Morton, now it looks as if we will win the league by a double figure margin. The last two months have been mind boggling!!!

Strictly speaking statistically we were never more than one point behind our friends from Greenock - the larger points gap was artificial in-so-far-as we had games in hand - albeit we had to win those games (and we did).

I suspect the impact of fog in Fife cannot be over-stated! :innocent2:

Strictly speaking statistically we were never more than one point behind our friends from Greenock - the larger points gap was artificial in-so-far-as we had games in hand - albeit we had to win those games (and we did).

I suspect the impact of fog in Fife cannot be over-stated! :innocent2:

Fog in Fife is just fine, just fine, Fog in Fife is just fine

Tell it to tomorrow, today will take its time

To tell you what tonight will bring

Presently we'll have a pint or two together

Ev'rybody do their thing