Stuart Bannigan

Islay jag

It's ridiculous if only one volunteer can update the club's website. Are we a professionally-run business or a charity?

If we were swimming in pools of money, I might be inclined to agree with you.

However, we are most certainly not and, I dont know about you, but I'd rather we used what cash we have to improve the product on the pitch rather than pay for a webmaster to correct every miniscule error which appears on the official site.

Tom does a wonderful job with the website and FB / Twitter and deserves your thanks. He certainly gets mine. :thumbsup2:

If we were swimming in pools of money, I might be inclined to agree with you.

However, we are most certainly not and, I dont know about you, but I'd rather we used what cash we have to improve the product on the pitch rather than pay for a webmaster to correct every miniscule error which appears on the official site.

Tom does a wonderful job with the website and FB / Twitter and deserves your thanks. He certainly gets mine. :thumbsup2:

Tom does get my thanks but you are missing the key point which is one of management not money. There is no need to pay for a dedicated webmaster, just additional editors (e.g. staff or volunteers) who can update the site when he is busy. Our site is not as sophisticated as the sites of the big EPL clubs and the Old Firm.

Anyone who knows how to use Microsoft Office can be trained quickly to edit a website's content. You can learn how to use most content management systems in a couple of hours or so. You don't need coding ability, just a basic knowledge on how to write, use fonts, crop and upload photos etc. Permission to edit certain areas can be allocated and limited easily. It's not difficult to keep a site up-to-date.

Tom does get my thanks but you are missing the key point which is one of management not money. There is no need to pay for a dedicated webmaster, just additional editors (e.g. staff or volunteers) who can update the site when he is busy. Our site is not as sophisticated as the sites of the big EPL clubs and the Old Firm.

I feel our official website is far superior to any other club websites I go to, especially those that seem to all follow the same template. It has character and feels like it belongs to us rather than looking like it could be the website of any other club. It's also very easy to navigate and well laid out. As a result I don't mind it being a little bit out of date from time to time. Not long ago, think it was when Jackie extended his contract, there was a sky sports journalist praising the club website.

I feel our official website is far superior to any other club websites I go to, especially those that seem to all follow the same template. It has character and feels like it belongs to us rather than looking like it could be the website of any other club. It's also very easy to navigate and well laid out. As a result I don't mind it being a little bit out of date from time to time. Not long ago, think it was when Jackie extended his contract, there was a sky sports journalist praising the club website.

The website has improved considerably this season. My emails to the club on updating pages, e.g. those referred to in this thread, have been ignored.

The club is planning to charge us, through the TAG members scheme, for text commentary and video highlights which are currently free...

The website has improved considerably this season. My emails to the club on updating pages, e.g. those referred to in this thread, have been ignored.

The club is planning to charge us, through the TAG members scheme, for text commentary and video highlights which are currently free...

....and....relax....

go out and get your Nat King --or a bevvy or something to take your mind off it :innocent2:

The website, like PR and other communications, should be the responsibility of paid staff. The key staff should have access to the content management system to update the site. I have managed websites in professional and voluntary organisations. The key is training and accountability.

Frankly, it beggars belief that our Archie and Shaggy are missing from the management team page. Remember that the media visit the club website to get up-to-date information on the club, its management and players.

Pile of pish.

Can you imagine the indignation on here if we paid a fat wad of cash for a professional media team rather than spending it on a new contract for a player or two?

EIther volunteer to help... or shut up. C'mon fella - sh!t or get off the pot.

edit to note - sorry, hadn't read all the comments already responding to the above; makes this post a bit redundant...

Edited by Watson Towers

No matter what walk of life one takes, there will always be those who knock or pick holes in what you try to do, it's human nature, in my opinion it's better to offer assistance and guidance if you are in a position to do so, than to continually pick holes in the frailties of something or someone who is sincerely trying their best to provide a service (often voluntarily).

Having supported the "Maryhill Magyars" since my uncle lifted me over the turnstiles in 1953 let me say that this present system and the openness surrounding the club is a breath of fresh air, yes there are many improvements which can (and probably will) be made, so let's all get behind what is being acchieved at Firhill from the boardroom to the terraces.

As someone who now lives far distant the website, and now this forum give me a valuable contact and information point as to what is going on in and around my beloved Partick Thistle, keep up the good work Tom Hosie and the rest of those working so hard on our behalf, - 'mon the Jags'

• Like 4

Pile of pish.

Can you imagine the indignation on here if we paid a fat wad of cash for a professional media team rather than spending it on a new contract for a player or two?

EIther volunteer to help... or shut up. C'mon fella - sh!t or get off the pot.

edit to note - sorry, hadn't read all the comments already responding to the above; makes this post a bit redundant...

Typical ignorant nonsense! We have a Director of Marketing (Jim Alexander) and a PR assistant who could update the website easily with a little bit of training.

Online marketing and campaigning is one of my professional services. I will work for free for voluntary organisations, e.g. charities, but not private companies which are owned and run by wealthy businessmen.

So shut up because you clearly know sweet FA about the subject.