Scotzine Awards - Get Voting

scottymagoo

Jags represented in 4 categories:

Archie (and McNamara but don't vote for him) in SFL Manager of the year.

Balatoni and Erskine in SFL player of the year.

Lawless in SFL young player of the year (Can't believe Bannigan isn't nominated?!)

Partick Thistle's First Division Campaign in most memorable moment of the season.

http://www.scotzine....ll-awards-2013/

I don't recall wondering why people called it Celtzine. Admittedly some writers appear to have pro-parkhead leanings but anyone can write for the site and Scotzine has given a lot of coverage to Thistle this season. Also anyone can vote in the poll so it's up to Thistle fans to vote for Archie. McNamara will definitely win if every Thistle fan doesn't vote because they think McNamara is going to win. Also I understand the shortlist was made from fan nominations so it's not the site's fault if Bannigan is left out, it's only as good as those that contribute.

Edited by scottymagoo

I don't recall wondering why people called it Celtzine. Admittedly some writers appear to have pro-parkhead leanings but anyone can write for the site and Scotzine has given a lot of coverage to Thistle this season. Also anyone can vote in the poll so it's up to Thistle fans to vote for Archie. McNamara will definitely win if every Thistle fan doesn't vote because they think McNamara is going to win. Also I understand the shortlist was made from fan nominations so it's not the site's fault if Bannigan is left out, it's only as good as those that contribute.

A friend of a friend runs one of these websites. Anyway, the guy who runs the site let some Scottish/Irish pro-Celtic, pro Republican "blogger" write on his site whilst his site host closed his down. That on top f the fact he would never write match reports up after Celtic got beaten.

He apparently reinvented the site by championing womens football & has been looking for fans of other clubs to write 'blogs' for him. Obviously trying to shake 'Celtzine' tag off.

If the shortlist was made from fan nominations then you have to ask how McNamara made it on one shortlist but Bannigan didn't the other? Fans from East end of Glasgow who haven't seen an SFL game all season I'd imagine.

There was an amusing thread on P&B when Scotzine started where Andy Muirhead (the guy behind the site) was very rude and abusive towards people offering him some constructive criticism.

Haven't been able to take his stuff seriously since then. He is, indeed, very pro-Celtic despite the 'neutral' Scottish appearance on his site.

If you focus entirely on the negatves then yes Scotzine is run by a Celtic fan who does come accross as an arse sometimes. However if you look at the positives the site itself offers articles on a wider variety of Scottish football related topics than any other site I've seen and is regularly updated with new content. I'm not convinced covering womens football is a very good ruse to relaunch a website since almost nobody pays any attention to the womens games in this country. It's refreshing however to see that somebody has. As for asking fans of other teams to contribute just being an attempt to shake of the Celtzine tag then even if it is then surely this is a good thing. He's realised a problem the site had and is going out of his way to fix it and it's the readers who benefit as a result.

With regards to the poll itself, these things are generally just a bit of fun. Obvioulsy no one will have seen everything. I like the way the site itself has posted articles with a few people looking back over the season and giving their responses to the categories in the poll. It's quite interesting to guage what other peoplke think of the past year.

If you focus entirely on the negatves then yes Scotzine is run by a Celtic fan who does come accross as an arse sometimes. However if you look at the positives the site itself offers articles on a wider variety of Scottish football related topics than any other site I've seen and is regularly updated with new content. I'm not convinced covering womens football is a very good ruse to relaunch a website since almost nobody pays any attention to the womens games in this country. It's refreshing however to see that somebody has. As for asking fans of other teams to contribute just being an attempt to shake of the Celtzine tag then even if it is then surely this is a good thing. He's realised a problem the site had and is going out of his way to fix it and it's the readers who benefit as a result.

With regards to the poll itself, these things are generally just a bit of fun. Obvioulsy no one will have seen everything. I like the way the site itself has posted articles with a few people looking back over the season and giving their responses to the categories in the poll. It's quite interesting to guage what other peoplke think of the past year.

Only way he'll shake off Celtzine tag is when he starts to report Celtic defeat's. He didn't update his site or about a week when St Mirren beat them in league cup final! :D

There are far better sites than that. Tell him he's Pele for a start!

Only way he'll shake off Celtzine tag is when he starts to report Celtic defeat's. He didn't update his site or about a week when St Mirren beat them in league cup final! :D

I couldn't agree more, Tell Him He's Pele is a fantastic site. Problem is they won't cover us next season because we're too good for the SFL! And that arsepiece on Scotzine won't write about us either once we've cuffed Celtic a few times. We're going to have no where to read about the Jags!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We didnt update the site for a week after St.Mirren beat Celtic? First up it was in the League Cup SEMI final. St.Mirren beat Hearts in the Final. Facts are important mate ;)

Secondly the game took place on 27th January. Here are our February archived pages - first article up on Feb 1st. http://www.scotzine.com/2013/02/page/7/

And here is our January archived pages - http://www.scotzine.com/2013/01/ check out page two also - proves that we updated the site on the day and subsequent days thereafter. More false claims from yourself Trotter.

As per a previous comment I made on another thread on writing for ESPN here is my piece on the defeat to St.Mirren in the League Cup Semi Final http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/celtic/id/212?cc=5739 maybe just maybe you get your facts straight before posting rubbish. Makes you out to look a fool Trotter when the facts are actually published.

Scotzine have covered the vast majority of Thistle Games this Season and given extensive interviews for onethistle and the Firhill Cup even taking part in Firhill Cup training days - I don't care what team the guys running it support as long as the give fair coverage to PTFC and show a genuine interest in the Club - which they do. Jim Alexander

Scotzine have covered the vast majority of Thistle Games this Season and given extensive interviews for onethistle and the Firhill Cup even taking part in Firhill Cup training days - I don't care what team the guys running it support as long as the give fair coverage to PTFC and show a genuine interest in the Club - which they do. Jim Alexander

Agree with this. I've read a fair few good reports on that site. Had a look back there and they certainly have plenty excellent Jags related stories. When we are next to ignored elsewhere, for me the Scotzine site are doing a cracking job and who anyone supports or other erroneous information is irrelevant.

We didnt update the site for a week after St.Mirren beat Celtic? First up it was in the League Cup SEMI final. St.Mirren beat Hearts in the Final. Facts are important mate ;)

Secondly the game took place on 27th January. Here are our February archived pages - first article up on Feb 1st. http://www.scotzine.com/2013/02/page/7/

And here is our January archived pages - http://www.scotzine.com/2013/01/ check out page two also - proves that we updated the site on the day and subsequent days thereafter. More false claims from yourself Trotter.

As per a previous comment I made on another thread on writing for ESPN here is my piece on the defeat to St.Mirren in the League Cup Semi Final http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/celtic/id/212?cc=5739 maybe just maybe you get your facts straight before posting rubbish. Makes you out to look a fool Trotter when the facts are actually published.

I think more than a few folk agree with the Celtzine comment but I don't think I look a fool when I state facts like the site not containing a match report to the cup final. Just because it was updated 5 days later and not 7days hardly backs it up. Besides we both know its quite easy to insert pages and put a date in as well but not on here to debate. Like I said more than just myself with Celtzine comment.

Couple of questions for you Scotzine & let's see if you choose to answer them:

1) How many PTFC games have you been to that you would include McNamara in a manager of the year poll?

2) Did you let a known Republican sympathiser use your site whilst his was down?

This is PTFC not the old firm.

Don't want to be guilty by association.

Trotter Scotzine have covered more or less all our Home Games as accredited Press - they give us very positive coverage whilst the mainstream media relegate us to five pages in from the back - who cares who the guys support-its about there coverage of PTFC which is well written and recognises the work done by its fans - they have been full of praise in how we have established a singing section in the North Stand without the open Warfare they see at Celtic- peoples Politics or Religion are there own affair - we welcome all - some of the guys from Scotzine have made it clear they have enjoyed coming to Firhill more than they have going to Celtic Park - our job is to try and attract Fans and a lot of them will have at one point in time supported the Old Firm. - Scotzine are welcome at PTFC and should be 100% encouraged

Well said JJ. I couldn't care less if someone is a staunch republican or ferverent loyalist as long as they leave that baggage or their beliefs at the Firhill door. Thistle need all the exposure it can get on blogs and football forums and sites.

I even did a Q&A for the fitbaw offshoot and damn fine it was too :P

Edited by jagfox

Trotter Scotzine have covered more or less all our Home Games as accredited Press - they give us very positive coverage whilst the mainstream media relegate us to five pages in from the back - who cares who the guys support-its about there coverage of PTFC which is well written and recognises the work done by its fans - they have been full of praise in how we have established a singing section in the North Stand without the open Warfare they see at Celtic- peoples Politics or Religion are there own affair - we welcome all - some of the guys from Scotzine have made it clear they have enjoyed coming to Firhill more than they have going to Celtic Park - our job is to try and attract Fans and a lot of them will have at one point in time supported the Old Firm. - Scotzine are welcome at PTFC and should be 100% encouraged

I agree with what you say about the mainstream media.

Politics & religion nothing to with football & each has their own beliefs or lack of. However, would you give an Irish Republican sympathiser space to spout his beliefs on PTFC site if his was down? No chance.

That's what I mean guilty by association.

Like I said it was a friend of myself that's had run ins with this 'Scotzine' guy. I was merely passing on what I knew from him.

Plenty of other folk on here have said same.

I have no desire to continue a debate with him. I'll leave it at that.

I agree with what you say about the mainstream media.

Politics & religion nothing to with football & each has their own beliefs or lack of. However, would you give an Irish Republican sympathiser space to spout his beliefs on PTFC site if his was down? No chance.

That's what I mean guilty by association.

Like I said it was a friend of myself that's had run ins with this 'Scotzine' guy. I was merely passing on what I knew from him.

Plenty of other folk on here have said same.

I have no desire to continue a debate with him. I'll leave it at that.

There has been many an informed debate on the various Jags Forums over the years regards Religion and Politics - I think its healthy that people with extreme views put forward there pitch - it means people can debate it and show it up for what it is - its not my site so its up to the Mods but in a democracy we should have nothing to fear from debate IN FACT its the very thing those with extreme views in NI cannot deal with open debate from those who are not entrenched on the "other side" and for the record I cant stand either side on the extreme edges of the whole religious /political rubbish we have to put up with - but if we are true to ourselves we should welcome the challenge of debate as Jags Fans .

I think more than a few folk agree with the Celtzine comment but I don't think I look a fool when I state facts like the site not containing a match report to the cup final. Just because it was updated 5 days later and not 7days hardly backs it up. Besides we both know its quite easy to insert pages and put a date in as well but not on here to debate. Like I said more than just myself with Celtzine comment.

Couple of questions for you Scotzine & let's see if you choose to answer them:

1) How many PTFC games have you been to that you would include McNamara in a manager of the year poll?

2) Did you let a known Republican sympathiser use your site whilst his was down?

This is PTFC not the old firm.

Don't want to be guilty by association.

If this is PTFC as you say - why mention someones political beliefs? You are the only Thistle fan I have came across either on here or face to face who has even mentioned politics when talking about football. I don't care about folks political beliefs we cover football not politics.

I also saw a comment from you in another thread which claimed we revamped our site with womens football and fan blogs. Wrong again. We didnt revamp the site with these features, we added them to our coverage. In fact we started covering womens football over four years ago and the fan blogs started two years ago but were put on hold so that we could concentrate on other sections of the site.

Secondly I dont have a comment to make on McNamara as Manager of the Year other than I didn't nominate him, I didn't vote for him.

You also fail to mention that we have many Dundee United fans who could be lodging nominations and votes for McNamara. You know the club he currently manages. Does that mean we should be labelled Arabzine also?

Edited by scotzine

I agree with what you say about the mainstream media. Politics & religion nothing to with football & each has their own beliefs or lack of. However, would you give an Irish Republican sympathiser space to spout his beliefs on PTFC site if his was down? No chance. That's what I mean guilty by association. Like I said it was a friend of myself that's had run ins with this 'Scotzine' guy. I was merely passing on what I knew from him. Plenty of other folk on here have said same. I have no desire to continue a debate with him. I'll leave it at that.

Like I said it was a friend of myself that's had run ins with this 'Scotzine' guy...

Would this be Andrew Southwick by any chance? Btw my name is Andy not 'this Scotzine guy'

And in regards to Phil who wrote four articles for the site - none of the four were political they were solely about football. You know what happens on the pitch. 11 men v 11 men kicking a ball and trying to put it into a goal?

You dont want to enter into a debate - because you don't have an answer to my producing the facts compared to your poor attempt at trying to discredit the work we do because of who I support.

You will find that many Celtic fans believe me to be anti-Celtic because of my stance against the Green Brigade and certain other issues - specifically about their political beliefs being forced upon Scottish football.

I would find your comments more credible and debatable IF they were constructive - but they are not. All I can see is vindictiveness, insulting and a failure to publish the facts just baseless claims that have no truth all because of a friend of a friend you know - has a problem with me.

Maybe just maybe you are the one with the agenda, rather than myself who has taken seven years to carve out the site to where it is today.

Edited by scotzine

Away from Trotter and his & friends agenda against us - I'd like to thank those in here for their good comments as well as constructive comments. We will continue to cover Thistle no matter what league they are in - as long as they will have us - and not merely jumping on any bandwagon.

Good luck for next season in the SPL.