Pfa 1St Division Team Of The Year

The Cup

Fox

O'Donnell McMillan Morris Sinclair

Bannigan Tidser Scougall

Graham Taylor Erskine

Thoughts?

The 2 for me are McMillan and Morris.

Balatoni and Muirhead clearly make up the best CB pairing in the league.

I noticed that it was Brian Graham and not David Graham.

Edited by The Cup

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Really surprised to see Sinclair in the team. And O'Donnell who hasn't got back to it since his injury.

When I read there were 5 in I thought Fox, Balatoni, Bannigan, Paton, Erskine.

The central defensive pairing that we put ten goals past in three games is the best in the league? Away and behave. The stats say we have the best defence in the league and that's all that matters to me.

ETA: Actually, what is even more bizarre is that McMillan rarely played at centre half; Dowie and Morris were the usual pairing.

Edited by Armand2
  • Like 1

The central defensive pairing that we put ten goals past in three games is the best in the league? Away and behave. The stats say we have the best defence in the league and that's all that matters to me.

ETA: Actually, what is even more bizarre is that McMillan rarely played at centre half; Dowie and Morris were the usual pairing.

Maybe Muirhead lost a place because of his red cards? Re positions maybe they select a bunch of defenders, Midfielders and Forwards and then try to fit them into a formation? Rather than have a formation and vote for best player in each position.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Maybe Muirhead lost a place because of his red cards? Re positions maybe they select a bunch of defenders, Midfielders and Forwards and then try to fit them into a formation? Rather than have a formation and vote for best player in each position.

I could understand Muirhead's omission due to his disciplinary record and the fact he was shunted out of position for a spell but Balatoni has been excellent all season long.

I overlooked the fact that this is the PFA team of the team (even though it's clearly in the title!). I suppose the players are in as good a position as anyone to judge who the best individuals they've played against throughout the season are so maybe I'm simply viewing this from an overly biased perspective.

Edited by Armand2

I overlooked the fact that this is the PFA team of the team (even though it's clearly in the title!). I suppose the players are in as good a position as anyone to judge who the best individuals they've played against throughout the season are so maybe I'm simply viewing this from an overly biased perspective.

I just suppose central defenders don't stand out as much when they're doing their job. More opposition players will notice attacking full backs and midfielders easier. Even so I haven't noticed any central defenders as commanding as ours. Actually quite surprised Foxy was picked. Not that he didn't deserve it but in many games he didn't have much to do mainly due of course to a central pairing that wasn't picked.