Muirhead Interview

The Cup

What changes did Alan make?

“I think the main change that he made was to make us harder to beat away from home. Jackie maybe used to say that we were good enough and just go out and win the game. The manager though set us to be harder to beat and we then knew that we had the players that could go on and win games for us.”

Interesting answer from AM. I think it is clear that McNamara had no idea what to do away from home and it was going to cost us promotion. The best thing that McNamara did for PTFC was to leave, after signing some cracking players.

"If someone had told me at the start of the season that we would win the league and play in a cup final I would have bitten their hand off."

Between that and the stickin' the heid oan yon dope fae QoS, maybe the club should be offering him anger management sessions.....

:)

I remember reading a post on here which was someone saying they'd spoken to a player and they were convinced they wouldn't have won the league under McNamara. Is it safe to assume that player was Muirhead, then? Said the same sort of things (no plan B away from home) as that post did.

Yes it was Muirhead. Don't mind mentioning his name now that he is saying the same thing in public.

• Like 1

"If someone had told me at the start of the season that we would win the league and play in a cup final I would have bitten their hand off."

Between that and the stickin' the heid oan yon dope fae QoS, maybe the club should be offering him anger management sessions.....

:)

A combination of Duncan Ferguson and Luis Suarez - what a player! :lol:

• Like 1