West End Street Parade Sunday 9Th June

Noticed that the West End Festival is back this year and reintroducing the West End Street Parade where the whole of Byres Road is closed. I remember a few years back Thistle had a stall and from reports it generated interest and goodwill. Is there a chance we could get something like this again? Any old stock to be flogged and hopefully some new Joma teasers?

Also a great chance to get people signed up for

1. Adult Season Tickets
  2. Under 16 (Free) Season Tickets
  3. Centenary Fund
  4. TAG

http://www.westendfestival.co.uk

• Like 1

I know it might be playing into the hands of those who think we are the "trendy" club, but if Thistle ran a student incentive and had a presence at Glasgow Uni Freshers Week too they could be onto a winner.

I think MacB have branded cars etc. - dish out some Thistle labelled water up at halls as a hangover cure? Make some of them Golden Ticket style labels which win a matchday ticket?

On a longer term basis, get some flyering done outside the unions on a Friday night promoting the match the next day?

I used to be on the board at the QM, and you might find that in their Champions sports bar they would promote upcoming Thistle games and/or run some themed behind-the-bar promos before/after our games? They might even sell tickets at the porters box for a discount (I can't actually remember - do we have a student gate fee?)

I know it might be playing into the hands of those who think we are the "trendy" club, but if Thistle ran a student incentive and had a presence at Glasgow Uni Freshers Week too they could be onto a winner.

I think MacB have branded cars etc. - dish out some Thistle labelled water up at halls as a hangover cure? Make some of them Golden Ticket style labels which win a matchday ticket?

On a longer term basis, get some flyering done outside the unions on a Friday night promoting the match the next day?

I used to be on the board at the QM, and you might find that in their Champions sports bar they would promote upcoming Thistle games and/or run some themed behind-the-bar promos before/after our games? They might even sell tickets at the porters box for a discount (I can't actually remember - do we have a student gate fee?)

But we are the trendy club though. It's nothing to be ashamed of, we should embrace our trendiness. :rolleyes:

Just before the start of last season someone on here suggested handing out flyers at the freshers week, which could then be exchanged for a match ticket (one flyer per person etc.). Obviously the club would have had to have been consulted beforehand, but I reckon it would have worked a charm last season and I don't see why it wouldn't be feasible this season coming - with the possible exception of the Celtic game.

I would extend it to Caley and Strathclyde freshers weeks too, if possible. We are their 'local club' too.

No 'UB40' gate fee though.

it would really be the icing on the cake for the image of partick thistle being an inclusive club. as things stand it does connote of deserving/underserving poor. Thats not me having a go at partick thistle per se, as this is the general way that peeps on the dole are seen; but it would be good for partick thistle to challenge this and become a truly universal club.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Joking aside, there really should be an umemployed gate as well, IMO, like they have at Morton (I think). I'd be surprised if the club hasn't already considered this.

I agree with having an unemployed gate. We have season ticket prices for unemployed but not gate prices, which is completely the wrong way round in my opinion. When I was unemployed the idea of spending £200 on a season ticket (even if spread over three months) was fantasy, however I could make the occasional game if paying concession rate.

A jobseeker can't justify that £200 spend when there are other more important things to spend money on, but an occasional £12 treat is affordable.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with having an unemployed gate. We have season ticket prices for unemployed but not gate prices, which is completely the wrong way round in my opinion. When I was unemployed the idea of spending £200 on a season ticket (even if spread over three months) was fantasy, however I could make the occasional game if paying concession rate.

A jobseeker can't justify that £200 spend when there are other more important things to spend money on, but an occasional £12 treat is affordable.

What happens if an unemployed (or student) season ticket holder gets a job? Do we expect him or her to tell the club and pay the difference?

Edited by kni

What happens if an unemployed (or student) season ticket holder gets a job? Do we expect him or her to tell the club and pay the difference?

I think you have missed my point. I feel that a concession for UB40 is appropriate for pay at the gate only.