New South Stand Development

joekea

In terms of priority I can't see the Club diverting serious money towards any such development. But just for sake of argument we went ahead with a South Stand I'm not too sure there'd be sufficient elevation to attract North Standees to a safe standing area.

Every game I see elderly and less abled fans struggling up the slope to the JHS. There must come a time when many of them, often most the loyal of fans, simply won't manage along. Again if we could offer sufficient elevation I'd have thought a small purpose built stand catering for elderly, disabled and perhaps family (parent with younger children) would be a welcome addition to the stadium. Ideally tie in the Aitken Suite, which is already kid friendly and nearby in some way.

eta I know nothing about grants etc but perhaps there's some public money available if you're introducing disabled facilities?

Fair in principle but there would still be accessability issues as the Firhill Road access was up a couple of flights of steep stairs. Alternatively there could be access via the gate between the JHS and the bing. However you're up the gradient of South Drive by then?

Fair in principle but there would still be accessability issues as the Firhill Road access was up a couple of flights of steep stairs. Alternatively there could be access via the gate between the JHS and the bing. However you're up the gradient of South Drive by then?

That's how I envisaged it but it's fair to say I'm talking in principle and have no idea re practicality.

I think the idea of a new stand is so they can finally mothball the main stand and then renovate it - probably into nothing more than an office block and maybe directors area

If they wanted to mothball the main stand what is stopping them there would be no need for the expense of a south stand? It would be madness to build a south stand, that would simply be finance and on costs that we don't need.

If they wanted to mothball the main stand what is stopping them there would be no need for the expense of a south stand? It would be madness to build a south stand, that would simply be finance and on costs that we don't need.

i imagine they cannot do this at the moment because the north stand would be required for away fans