Celtic Thinking Of Banning Green Brigade

AtronBomb

I mean this with the greatest respect: there are topics on this excellent forum which, shall I say, interest me less than others. I tend to disregard them as I'm sure others do when a thread emerges which doesn't tickle their fancy. I'm not too sure, therefore, why some folk - great Jags that they undoubtedly are - want others to stop discussing the topics which they find tedious / diversionary / irrelevant etc. Isn't it a kinda unwritten law of the forum - if you find a particular topic, and the posts within it, interesting you'll follow it (and maybe even post on it), and if you don't you, em, won't?

• Like 3

This time last year we wouldn't be giving a rats ass about the numptys from the East End and here we are now giving them air time on a Jags forum.

maybe contact admin and ask them to have an "other football" forum, for all things non thistle?

but lets not forget, we are a glasgow team, they are our local rivals, we are going to talk about them.

• Like 2

Colin K perfect post mate. It's clear some people clearly spend copious amounts of their time reading/researching about Celtic and their fans.

This time last year we wouldn't be giving a rats ass about the numptys from the East End and here we are now giving them air time on a Jags forum.

Time to get back to basics guys i.e posting about Partick Thistle

Wha ta sanctomonious post! It doesn't take research of any effort to know what they are about and what their history is. Take off the blinkers and actually look at the bigger picture!

I mean this with the greatest respect: there are topics on this excellent forum which, shall I say, interest me less than others. I tend to disregard them as I'm sure others do when a thread emerges which doesn't tickle their fancy. I'm not too sure, therefore, why some folk - great Jags that they undoubtedly are - want others to stop discussing the topics which they find tedious / diversionary / irrelevant etc. Isn't it a kinda unwritten law of the forum - if you find a particular topic, and the posts within it, interesting you'll follow it (and maybe even post on it), and if you don't you, em, won't?

On the whole, I agree with this. I am not trying to stop debate on an issue people seem to want to talk about. All I am saying is that I find it disappointing - actually, it's stronger than that - I find it alarming, that so many people have so much to say about Celtic and their fans/associated nutters. We pride ourselves in being neutral and bigot-free, but what the previous enormo-thread and this new one are doing is boosting the oxygen of attention for these people and showing that a lot of people who follow us have a lot to say about them. I just don't see the point in going over and over how nasty/stupid/offensive they are and how they caused damage and may do so again. Thinking more about it, it probably irritates me all the more because there is so much discussion elsewhere online/in the media about the Ugly Sisters/Sectarianism/idiot fans. This forum is usually not troubled by such depressing stuff, so (perhaps irrationally), I resent it!

But, I do accept that the forums here are for any topic, however tenuous its link to our team might be, to be discussed. I won't darken the doors of a Celtic-frenzy thread again :-)

Edited by ColinKelvin

what potty trained said re the fact that they are one of our principal rivals, makes them relevent to discuss. For me personally, i find the whole notion of football fan identities, narratives, culture and so on very interesting. But i think such questions are relevant for any football fan insofar as its surely a bit of a truism that football fans want their team to grow and thrive etc. Thus celtic also become relevant to look at as they are the most succesfully managed football team in scotland by a mile, and have managed in the context of changing attitudes towards sectarianism where one would think they would have naturally become a toxic brand, to make a transition into being (arguably) a very succesfull brand (unlike rangers who have never managed to change those kinda perceptions).. From the point of view of a partick thistle fan i think such questions are extremely relevent especially if we would like to become a bigger football team in the geographical location we are situated...

Edited by mrD

That an OP can have a thread deleted when it goes in a direction that he/she doesn't like is highly questionable.

indeed. particularily when a mod twinny quite correctly states

despite being the same person that posted all the Green Brigade 'artwork'.

and these posts of said 'artwork' were among the last posts to be made in the thread.

by GB9 posting these 'artwork' images, it also indicates he (the OP) had changed his mind about wanting the thread deletion, as his requests to delete the thread (a action questionable itself as stewarty states), were several days old, and nothing had been done by mods then, but 48 hours later its removed

I didn't delete the thread, but I have no problem with the decision.

ah, thats ok then

On the whole, I agree with this. I am not trying to stop debate on an issue people seem to want to talk about. All I am saying is that I find it disappointing - actually, it's stronger than that - I find it alarming, that so many people have so much to say about Celtic and their fans/associated nutters. We pride ourselves in being neutral and bigot-free, but what the previous enormo-thread and this new one are doing is boosting the oxygen of attention for these people and showing that a lot of people who follow us have a lot to say about them. I just don't see the point in going over and over how nasty/stupid/offensive they are and how they caused damage and may do so again.

No, what people are doing, is using their right of free speech (well, that's when admin mods let us) to shine a light on the green arse cheeks vile beliefs, songs, supporters, board, club and existence, and airing their own personal views and concerns about them relating to how it can (and does) affect scotland as a society, PTFC as a club, and the impact and consequences of such when that club visits firhill (or we have to go to east end) has on PTFC supporters.

Or are we just not supposed to air our views on" how nasty/stupid/offensive they are and how they caused damage and may do so again" (be it the green arse cheek, the dead blue one, the new zombie blue one, or ANY club or its supporters for that matter) and be happyclappers and only post positive things about ptfc and nothing else?

Whichever idiot(s) invented forums should be shot eh?

No, what people are doing, is using their right of free speech (well, that's when admin mods let us) to shine a light on the green arse cheeks vile beliefs, songs, supporters, board, club and existence, and airing their own personal views and concerns about them relating to how it can (and does) affect scotland as a society, PTFC as a club, and the impact and consequences of such when that club visits firhill (or we have to go to east end) has on PTFC supporters.

Or are we just not supposed to air our views on" how nasty/stupid/offensive they are and how they caused damage and may do so again" (be it the green arse cheek, the dead blue one, the new zombie blue one, or ANY club or its supporters for that matter) and be happyclappers and only post positive things about ptfc and nothing else?

You're misunderstanding what i said. My point is that personally, I don't visit WAT to read screeds about Celtic and their moron fans. Do you really think their negative influence on Scottish society hasn't been discussed to death and that it needs more light shone on it? Is there any debate left to be had?? Is there any point in predicting whether or not they will trash our stadium?? I am not suggesting the subject should be censored at all - I'm expressing the personal opinion that.... I... could.....not..... be......more.....sick......of......reading/hearing......about......Celtic.....and......the..... Green.....Brigade. I am also questioning why PTFC fans give such a huge shit about them.

If you think that equates to a call for censorship and happy-clappy posts, then. er, not sure where you got that from. I'm just surprised that in our promotion season, this has pretty much been the biggest discussion!

Have to agree with Blackpool Jags, Potty Trained and yoda-jag. There's no need to be so restrictive regarding what can and cannot be discussed on these boards. There's been a lot of this recently, to the extent that an entire thread was removed for no good reason. There are plenty of threads on here that I find duller than dishwater, but this doesn't mean I go on a forum jihad and agitate for their destruction. I simply look elsewhere.

Have to agree with Blackpool Jags, Potty Trained and yoda-jag. There's no need to be so restrictive regarding what can and cannot be discussed on these boards. There's been a lot of this recently, to the extent that an entire thread was removed for no good reason. There are plenty of threads on here that I find duller than dishwater, but this doesn't mean I go on a forum jihad and agitate for their destruction. I simply look elsewhere.

There were a lot of 'ugly' posts in that thread, but there was also some good and worthwhile discussion. Surely it should be the posts that are moderated not the threads?

You're misunderstanding what i said. My point is that personally, I don't visit WAT to read screeds about Celtic and their moron fans. Do you really think their negative influence on Scottish society hasn't been discussed to death and that it needs more light shone on it? Is there any debate left to be had?? Is there any point in predicting whether or not they will trash our stadium?? I am not suggesting the subject should be censored at all - I'm expressing the personal opinion that.... I... could.....not..... be......more.....sick......of......reading/hearing......about......Celtic.....and......the..... Green.....Brigade. I am also questioning why PTFC fans give such a huge shit about them.

If you think that equates to a call for censorship and happy-clappy posts, then. er, not sure where you got that from. I'm just surprised that in our promotion season, this has pretty much been the biggest discussion!

Relax and don't be alarmed. It may well have been the biggest discussion on the forum this summer but that's only because of the very controversial North Stand issue.

I don't visit WAT to read screeds about Celtic and their moron fans.

I...could.....not.....be......more.....sick......of......reading/hearing......about......Celtic.....and......the.....Green.....Brigade.

Ok... I'll ask...

Why... Open... A... Thread... Of... Which... There... Has... Been... 3(?)... With... Celtic... In... The... Subject... Line?

There have been 200 threads started since the season ended. And only 3 have been about our city rivals. Not enough in my opinion.

Every time I see these threads it's another kick in the guts reminder that we Thistle fans have been sold a dummy like feckin' muppets.

I can only speak for myself. I've got a gigantic beef with the fact that Partick Thistle supporters have been hounded out of their hard earned singing section - an area which was slowly and surely built up over the course of a whole season.

For what? To make way for countless scores of football hooligans? It's the biggest disgrace at Partick Thistle Football Club for many a year.

And, quite frankly, the topic is as close to being PRO PARTICK THISTLE as a topic can be...

• Like 1

Every time I see these threads it's another kick in the guts reminder that we Thistle fans have been sold a dummy like feckin' muppets.

I can only speak for myself. I've got a gigantic beef with the fact that Partick Thistle supporters have been hounded out of their hard earned singing section - an area which was slowly and surely built up over the course of a whole season.

For what? To make way for countless scores of football hooligans? It's the biggest disgrace at Partick Thistle Football Club for many a year.

And, quite frankly, the topic is as close to being PRO PARTICK THISTLE as a topic can be...

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

(can we get an increase in likes allowed per day please admin?)

Hmmm, not very keen on The Old Firm. I always find myself agreeing with Blackpool Jag on everything he posts.

I remember the old days when that lot took over the whole ground and we got stuffed into the enclosure, apart from a very small but hardy group of brave souls who stood up near the old pie stall completely surrounded. Imagine we had social media back then. What a stooshie that would have created!

Not that I like Celtic in any way but at least they are doing something about the wee neds.

Like most things the police do, they have been a joke in dealing with them.

Seriously?

As the title says they are 'thinking' about it. Celtic could have split them up years ago but didn't.

At risk of upsetting others who reckons this has no place in a PTFC forum, I still remember their 'bloodstained poppy' banner from a good few years back.

The hierarchy at Parkhead promised to take action against those responsible. I mean how difficult can it be? There will be CCTV all over that section in particular, no?

What happened next? *sweep* *sweep*

In defence of the police, & believe me these are words I never thought I'd say, it is CFC along with their stewards that are responsible for the security within that section on game day.

The police would have to shut the while ground down.

Don't tend to read newspapers that often but out of interest, how did the Scottish MSM report this this morning?

Was it mentioned or was it like last weekend's pitch invasion & alleged singing that merited little or no comment?

Another topic altogether but the Scottish MSM coverage (or lack of) of both sides of old firm fans & their antics is shameful.

But... As much as you say sweep sweep. Celtic have ran this on their official site for all to see. I would imagine as a scare tactic to shame the green brigade.

I was referring to the 'Bloodstained Poppy' banner & it's all very well trying to shame them but that's hardly taking action against them. It's a bit like saying "if we ask you nicely will you promise to be good..."

What's the saying? Horse & stable door?

All their own making but they still won't have the balls to do anything.

It'll probably take UEFA telling them to play a tie behind closed doors before you see any real action from them.

It'll probably take UEFA telling them to play a tie behind closed doors before you see any real action from them.

And there lies the problem. Their own board won't do anything, and our board will move thistle fans to accommodate them.

What is it with this bunch that authorities do everything within their means to pander to these people?

No wonder the old firm fans are so arrogant.

Hello!

Sorry if I caused any hassle. Allow me to explain. I created the original post to air my concerns about "the visit of Celtic". By this I meant that I was worried by Celtic coming to our ground, damaging the place and singing inappropriate songs. In my postings, I urged fans to write to our chairman and express our concerns about the Celtic fans and the possible damage it could cause both physically and culturally.

I posted what I had found from the net about Celtic and their followers. However, it would have been the same if Rangers were coming to visit. Their "Blue Order" and "Union Bears" do not seem any better.

I felt that thread, and I'm guilty of this myself, had beceome a "why we hate celtic thread". I could write 10 million words about how much I hate Celtic and Rangers and the damage they cause to football, Glasgow and society. But that was not what it was supposed to be about.

Celtic were no threat to our safety and security last season, but they are now. I hated Celtic last season as well, but there was no danger to me or my club.

I don't think that we should spend so much time on other teams. When I found this website, I was really pleased that it was a positive place for Thistle fans to chat away from all the focus which is on the "big teams" and not deserving small clubs such as ours. I hope we can re-focus on what is important to us.

If there are any future Celtic/Rangers threads, I'll keep my mouth shut as it clearly has a poisonous affect.

I love Partick Thistle and I want ALL of us to be brothers in love with our club and not tarnished by the hatred of others.

And, for clarity, it was not the Admin who deleted the thread. I made the request as I thought my actions had got out of hand and damaged our club and this site. No blame should fall on them.

If you don't agree, then at least I hope you understand.

GB9

Some one on pie and bovril posted a link to a green brigade page and there quite a few comments from Celtic fans on the page getting tore in, calling them an embarrassment and telling them not to sing pro IRA songs etc. I thought that was interesting

I think the green brigade started with the aim of improving the atmosphere at Parkhead. Sadly it seems to have been taken over by the more extreme element of the support and used as a vehicle for other means.

green brigade were formed out of dissatisfaction with the apolitical nature and the club sponsordness of the first celtic "ultras" group the jungle bhoys which had been going for nearly a season. the 'last straw' that precipitated the split was jungle bhoys having a banner that was sponsored by the sun for jimmy johnstone iirc. after that they grew wheras i think the jungle bhoys no longet exist.