Bannigan - U21 Call Up Vs England Next Week

chunky jag

I doubt any club would give us more than £200,000 for him just now, seeing as we're a newly promoted team to the Scottish Premiership. In the current climate only Celtic players are capable of selling players for 7 figures plus, barring the odd David Goodwillie type talent emerging. That said I personally would have him down as the best of a very talented group of Thistle players, and if he was playing for a bigger club his value would increase considerably. I've no doubt he'll go far in the game.

The English clubs will be keeping a close eye on our best players. If we don't get offers this month, they'll be at least a couple in January.

The English clubs will be keeping a close eye on our best players. If we don't get offers this month, they'll be at least a couple in January.

I agree, and I'd be stunned if the likes of Lawless and Bannigan were with us after the end of the season. I wouldn't even think about considering an offer for any key players in the window now though, partly because it's too late in the window, and also because, in the case of those contracted beyond the end of the season, their value will only go up. I don't think I've ever seen so many valuable playing assets at the club at the one time.