Youth Team Reports........

Aldo81

A 20 - 0 scoreline the 14's got does nobody any favours and it's up to the SFA etc to try and find a solution that stops this from happening.

Via Twitter I asked the SFA Performance Director Mark Wotte about these sort of scorelines - to his credit he replied promptly with an interesting response:

@MarkWotte: we see these results every year,it will disappear if we create a youth pyramid based upon quality but that will disappoint people 2

Via Twitter I asked the SFA Performance Director Mark Wotte about these sort of scorelines - to his credit he replied promptly with an interesting response:

@MarkWotte: we see these results every year,it will disappear if we create a youth pyramid based upon quality but that will disappoint people 2

They will need to make it competitive then and make results count which would mean a change to the present set up which is non competitive and all geared towards all players getting development time on the pitch at each match.

I can see arguments for both competitive and non competitive but at 14's i think it's time to get competitve matches for the boys at this level.

Found out tonight that Cowdenbeath had 3 overage players in their team playing against Thistle's 14's which makes you wonder what the score might have been if these older boys hadn't played.

Going back to Wotte he is only interested in Elite (imo) and the Elite regional football schools he has set up..

The tier Thistle are playing in have some decent teams in it and players of a high standard and they need to allow these teams a chance to compete or get development games against the so called Elite sides.

u20s won 2-1 tonight, Duggan with both goals. First a penalty after Leyden was tripped and 2nd was good movement from him to knock in a low cross.

Gary Fraser was sent off for his part in a brawl after he was fouled by a Dunfermline player and in the brawl kicked a Dunfermline player who was down on the deck, possibly on the head or chest (was unclear from my angle). Keenan was sent off too but it appeared to be mistaken identity and it looked more like Duggan throwing punches and Keenan was a bit away from it all. Stupidity from Fraser which should probably confirm he'll be sent back to Bolton in January.

u20s won 2-1 tonight, Duggan with both goals. First a penalty after Leyden was tripped and 2nd was good movement from him to knock in a low cross.

Gary Fraser was sent off for his part in a brawl after he was fouled by a Dunfermline player and in the brawl kicked a Dunfermline player who was down on the deck, possibly on the head or chest (was unclear from my angle). Keenan was sent off too but it appeared to be mistaken identity and it looked more like Duggan throwing punches and Keenan was a bit away from it all. Stupidity from Fraser which should probably confirm he'll be sent back to Bolton in January.

If a representative of Bolton was in attendance tonight I think Fraser could be free agent come January.Disappointed with Duggan as well, tho' pales into insignificance compared to Fraser's assault. Looked like the barney started as a follow on to Duggan being barged into the JHS wall. He'd not long before barged one of their players nearly into one of the dugouts and there was no "follow on" then.

Kinda like Sunday, when cornergate took up all the attention, the nonsense at the end of the match tonight takes the spotlight off a good game.

It was one of the more entertaining u20 games I've been to, despite the lack of clear cut chances for either side for the 1st half and a good bit of the 2nd. The defence looks a bit more solid with Basalaj in goals in general, was surprised to see Wilson drop out for Fraser in the first place though as he has done well so far this season.

In between Duggan being pushed into the wall and the rammy he went up for a header with the boy who pushed him and won it brilliantly. At that point I was impressed at how he never reacted as it would've been incredibly easy to elbow him on the way up and then a minute later he's throwing punches. Fraser's part in the whole thing was just horrible and nasty. It was well beyond stupidity such as Muirhead's headbutt, kicking someone who is on the deck with such force is simply assault. Much credit to Gabriel and one of the youngsters who grabbed a few of our players by the scruff of the neck and got them away from it all

I couldn't make it along tonight and don't post on twitter so, evidently I'm not fully in the in the know about the incident in question. POTM has not responded as yet but I'll take Willjag and LIB's word for it that this was something that my argument, previously posted can't defend. It's rather worrying, as he showed bags of potential in the first few games.

It will be interesting to see Archie's stance on this.

Edited by northernsoul

It was the worst thing I've witnessed at a game. The game was getting a bit niggly then Fraser was hauled to the ground, reacted by the pushing the Dunfermline boy away, pushing then turned into punches before others got involved/split it up. There was a few Thistle players trying to drag Fraser away and then Fraser runs up and volleys the boy in the face/chest whilst he's on the ground. Quite appaling tbh.

Muirhead's headbutt was in completely different circumstances. He'd just missed a last minute penalty in a cup final (not that that makes it acceptable).

I don't see Fraser playing for us again. I'm guessing he'll get quite a hefty ban. I wouldn't be surprised if Archie completely chucks him, although he is a young boy and Archie may be slightly lenient because if this.

I couldn't make it along tonight and don't post on twitter so, evidently I'm not fully in the in the know about the incident in question. POTM has not responded as yet but I'll take Willjag and LIB's word for it that this was something that my argument, previously posted can't defend. It's rather worrying, as he showed bags of potential in the first few games.

It will be interesting to see Archie's stance on this.

For me there's a massive difference between the behaviour of Fraser last night and anything Muirhead or even Murray did last season. It's like Hartson kicking Berkovic in the face or Barton attacking the Man City players on the pitch a couple of seasons back, it was just a genuine 'that boy has something seriously wrong with him' moment.

It was the worst thing I've witnessed at a game. The game was getting a bit niggly then Fraser was hauled to the ground, reacted by the pushing the Dunfermline boy away, pushing then turned into punches before others got involved/split it up. There was a few Thistle players trying to drag Fraser away and then Fraser runs up and volleys the boy in the face/chest whilst he's on the ground. Quite appaling tbh.

That's fairly much as I saw it but didn't want to post as much detail last night as I still had difficulty believing what I saw.

Not trying to bring in mitigation but I believe that's the third time their guy has been sent off this season. Wonder if it's just coincidental but both Fraser and Kane are considered first team players.

Felt sorry for Keenan. Even if there was video evidence to clear him I've got a feeling the video might somehow have got lost.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Going by the accounts posted, Fraser (like Muirhead) is likely to be called to a disciplinary hearing. Muirhead got a 4 match ban so Fraser's could be even longer. Dougie Freedman will not be unimpressed and it's possible that Fraser could be recalled.

Btw, John Henry has left Bolton and Richard Gough is in charge of public ticket sales at the Reebock.

Going by the accounts posted, Fraser (like Muirhead) is likely to be called to a disciplinary hearing. Muirhead got a 4 match ban so Fraser's could be even longer. Dougie Freedman will not be unimpressed and it's possible that Fraser could be recalled.

Btw, John Henry has left Bolton and Richard Gough is in charge of public ticket sales at the Reebock.

Really? Is he crying out for a headcase in the midfield?

Partick Thistle 6 Dunfermline 1 (U14's)

Thistle Weir's 14's kept up their impressive form of late by beating a good Dunfermline side at Milton today.

Conditions for playing football today were pretty poor but it was Thistle who adapted best to these conditions and actually passed the ball around very well.

They again got off to a great start going at Dunfermline straight from kick off and putting the pars defence under constant pressure.

It wasn't long before this pressure paid off and Thistle took a deserved lead.

They added a second shortly after and finsihed this period 2-0

It was a well deserved lead but might have been more.

Second period and Dunfermline caught Thistle cold straight from kick off when a long ball went through the defence for the pars striker to finish.

This second period was being fiiercely contested and not much between the sides but Thistle don't seem to change the game plan

They defend from the front and are backed up by the midfield and give teams little time on the ball which results in the oppsoition losing the ball which they are then ready to punish.

Anything that went past the midfield was being dealt with by the defence who would then build attacks.

Fitness levels seem very good and this and the good possession football they play give them an edge in games and they create lots of chances.

This constant pressure was going to pay off again with Thistle scoring another two goals before the second period ended putting Thistle 4-1 up

The last period was just like the others with Thistle continuing to pile on the pressure.

The pars by now had all but given up winning this game and had resorted to hitting longer balls which were easily dealt with by the young Jags defence and keeper.

Just like the weather which was relentless so were the young Jags who were still hungry for goals and managed to score another two before the final whistle.

Another excellent team performance with everyone who was involved today putting in good solid performances.

Some fantastic goals were also scored today and goals coming from all areas of the team.

This was a much bigger test than last weeks mismatch and one the boys again passed with flying colours and are developing well under the style of play the coaches have them playing.

Dunfermline were in the top tier of youth football last season and doing well against the so called Elite sides so a good scalp for the young Jags today.

Next weeks game is a Friday night match under the floodlights at Recreation Park against Alloa.

• Like 5