Alcohol Ban Review?

peagreenboy

Other than the personal choice argument I can,t see much reason to be able to purchase alcohol at football grounds.

I think with our children go free policy the two don,t match and a lot of parents who are encouraged to bring the youngsters by the good atmosphere will be put off. I think it will be fixing something that isn,t broken.

Possibly you could limit it to the North Stand only. Then anyone that can,t wait a few hours between drinks can go there.

I think we should just keep the status quo. Liberal drinking hours have made our A&E service like a battle fields. So no I would prefer to keep alcohol away from the football

• Like 1

Other than the personal choice argument I can,t see much reason to be able to purchase alcohol at football grounds.

I think with our children go free policy the two don,t match and a lot of parents who are encouraged to bring the youngsters by the good atmosphere will be put off. I think it will be fixing something that isn,t broken.

Possibly you could limit it to the North Stand only. Then anyone that can,t wait a few hours between drinks can go there.

I think we should just keep the status quo. Liberal drinking hours have made our A&E service like a battle fields. So no I would prefer to keep alcohol away from the football

I'd prefer people didn't drive to games, I would like to keep motor vehicles away from football.

That's equally as ridiculous as your post above.

I'd prefer people didn't drive to games, I would like to keep motor vehicles away from football.

That's equally as ridiculous as your post above.

Actually this is a really good idea - it would at least have gone some way to prevent the building of soulless out-of-town stadia like McDiarmid and Livingston that are based on the premise that people actually want to drive to the football.

Even if the current rules were relaxed, I couldn't ever see the attraction of sitting watching the game holding a warmish pint of dross lager like Fosters, in a revolting disposable 'glass' at around four quid a go.

...but imagine well presented, adequately chilled lagers and properly poured real ales, sold at Wetherspoon prices and all served with the speed and efficiency akin to the staff at the Horse Shoe or Star & Garter.

Now imagine we're watching a Jags side with Darren Brady playing in front of Sandy Hodge. A side where our captain, Barry Smith, struts his stuff.......

think I've taken that too far :shok:

...but imagine well presented, adequately chilled lagers and properly poured real ales, sold at Wetherspoon prices and all served with the speed and efficiency akin to the staff at the Horse Shoe or Star & Garter.

Now imagine we're watching a Jags side with Darren Brady playing in front of Sandy Hodge. A side where our captain, Barry Smith, struts his stuff.......

think I've taken that too far :shok:

Ambivalence at its highest imaginable level: the beer side of it - nirvana. The other bit of it - more than enough to not only to cause me to hurl the combined contents of my stomach, intestines, bowel and spleen the length of 6 Firhills laid out end-to-end, but each of my actual internal organs themselves in their entirety causing me immediate death. In that scenario, instant death would be the only way out of a horror without parallel.