Fans Travelling To Perth 28Th Sept

thomas

Just to let any fans travelling to Perth on the 28th that there are alterations to train services that day, from next weekend for the folling 4 weekends only, no trains are running via Stirling due to the station being closed for re-signalling and re-laying of lines.

Buses will replace trains between Queen St-Larbert-Perth as all Aberdeens are re-routed via Inverkeithing to Dundee

Best way to check extended travel times is on National Rail Enquiries, or drop me a PM with the time u think of leaving at

Would it not be possible to go via Edinburgh without getting a rail replacement bus? I realise it would take longer but to be honest I'm not fussed about time if it means I can avoid the bus, much prefer the train.

Sadly no, its a bus service dundee to perth too....the only trains running out of perth are to inverness as its heading away from the affected zone

Annoying for me as I as often as not take the train from Alloa. So I'm going be put out for our next two home games.

eta thanks for info, Thomas :thumbsup2:

It is, it would be bus to grahamston then into glasgow via cumbernauld

Sadly no, its a bus service dundee to perth too....the only trains running out of perth are to inverness as its heading away from the affected

National rail might want to update their website as if you put in you want to go via Haymarket it makes no mention of the buses as it does when you go it from Glasgow to Perth direct.

Cheers for the info.

Sadly no, its a bus service dundee to perth too....the only trains running out of perth are to inverness as its heading away from the affected zone

Think you've misread his post as he was asking if he could go via Edinburgh...

I don't see anything stopping someone going Glasgow- Haymarket-Perth. They'd have to go on one of the slow services that would stop at; Inverkeithing, Kirkcaldy, Markinch and Ladybank.

Would take 2.5 hours to get there but would be worth it for avoiding the buses.

Not been to Perth since a cup game in the 90's, lost 1-0, supporters bus that day.

Is the train station not a fair trek?

It is a trek, we've always just jumped taxis. Can take a while to get one after the match, if the 208 is still on the go nip in there for an ale and wait till its quietened down.

Perth is a pretty grim away day.

Avoid 'Sportsters'.

if the 208 is still on the go nip in there for an ale and wait till its quietened down.

Perth is a pretty grim away day.

Probably the last time we played them, some damp cold midweek cup game, we were all sandwiched into the wee bar. Reason the larger bar was out of bounds was the local Weightwatchers had pre booked it.

McDiarmid is an idle away day if you're partial to a pre match visit to Dobbies. Otherwise it's one of the most missable fixtures

I'll be going on the supporters bus as normal, but I must admit that a trip to McDiarmid Park, hardly has the blood pumping through my veins. I must admit to having not a loy of happy footballing memories from Perth by and large. My abiding mental image of an away game in Perth is a cold and, usually wet afternoon. Ending in a narrow scrappy defeat. Perhaps, this'll be the season it'll change.