Bing - Again

Veejag

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone see that thing East Fife are doing? Fans contributing 100k to construct a new club shop, cafe bar and a 750 seat stand.

I could think of worse uses for the bing, and the club shop is toatie. Although 100k seems surprisingly small for the combined cost of all three.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-25199039

ETA: this is what fans get for their investment. I don't think we've been very proactive as a fanbase when it comes to fundraising since save the jags. Unless I've forgotten an obvious example, obviously.

PLEDGE £1000+ 1 Ordinary Share in East Fife FC Limited + East Fife football top signed by a player + 4 match hospitality tickets for a home match + A season ticket for the 2014/15 season

In addition, the first 10 people to pledge £250 or more will have the opportunity to meet the players before a match, enjoy pre-match refreshments, and watch the game from the comfort of the Directors Box.

There are limited numbers of each reward available and match ticket and hospitality rewards are subject to availability.

The Ordinary Share gifted to those who pledge money to the funding projects will entitle the shareholder to attend and vote at the club’s Annual General Meeting. The share should not be viewed as a tangible investment either in terms of its resale value or the entitlement of the shareholder to receive dividends.

PLEDGE £500+ 1 Ordinary Share in East Fife FC Limited + East Fife football top signed by a player + 4 match hospitality tickets for a home match

In addition, the first 10 people to pledge £250 or more will have the opportunity to meet the players before a match, enjoy pre-match refreshments, and watch the game from the comfort of the Directors Box.

There are limited numbers of each reward available and match ticket and hospitality rewards are subject to availability.

The Ordinary Share gifted to those who pledge money to the funding projects will entitle the shareholder to attend and vote at the club’s Annual General Meeting. The share should not be viewed as a tangible investment either in terms of its resale value or the entitlement of the shareholder to receive dividends.

PLEDGE £250+ 1 Ordinary Share in East Fife FC Limited + East Fife football top signed by a player + 4 match tickets for a home match

PLEDGE £100+ 1 Ordinary Share in East Fife FC Limited + East Fife football top signed by a player

Edited by MWM

"Go for it!" is what I'd say to anybody who fancied that kind of "investment". I already have "A" and "B" shares in PTFC, and got my place on the "Firhill 100" list back in the days of Save The Jags, not to mention various other efforts at the time.

So, no more from me, as an average punter. There are wealthy guys on the board (you need to be wealthy even to get on the board), some of whom have splashed out and bought parts of Firhill. If they want to do what's best for the club they should seriously consider returning their acquisition and allowing appropriate development of the stadium as a football stadium to take place.

'The club hopes to attract small sums from a large number of people to raise up to £100,000.

It will be used to develop a new shop, a cafe bar and a 750-seater stand.

The shop will cost £25,000 to build, a further £50,000 is needed for a new cafe bar and £100,000 will result in all three facilities completed.'

£25k for a 750 seater stand?? I suppose Methil's been crying out for a cafe bar though.

'The club hopes to attract small sums from a large number of people to raise up to £100,000.

It will be used to develop a new shop, a cafe bar and a 750-seater stand.

The shop will cost £25,000 to build, a further £50,000 is needed for a new cafe bar and £100,000 will result in all three facilities completed.'

£25k for a 750 seater stand?? I suppose Methil's been crying out for a cafe bar though.

That works out at £33 quid a seat, now if we put our season ticket price up by £33 using the same builders as East Fife we should be able to build a cracking 5000 seater on the bing in 2 years

• Like 2

After the Olympics had finished, Durham County Cricket Club bought some unwanted seating from them. Might be some left at a knockdown price, which would leave a roof to be bought - maybe some available from the smaller Olympic venues.

Buy st mirren's old roof off Morton, don't think they'll need it for a while yet.

• Like 1