Interesting Ebay Items

The Sunnylaw Jag

Over the last week or so I have posted items I thought would interest Thistle collectors listed on eBay. Congratulations to the person that won the Handbooks by the way. Also, for sale at the moment are some copies of the Jags Mags. I just thought it would be good to have a thread that things could get added to. Not so much the everyday items, such as programmes form 70's, 80's etc but the unusual. So please add as items come up.

Jags Mags - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291012330620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 The same seller has other issues and an agm newsletter for sale.

I noticed earlier today a bunch of photos from the 70's from Shoot magazine went up too. I actually remember having a lot of these on my wall as a teenager.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARTICK-THISTLE-FC-Shoot-Magazine-Team-Group-Player-Posters-All-Ex-Cond-/310792207687

Seems like the closest thread to ask this, does anyone know where I could get an old fashioned / vintage thistle scarf, one of the smaller ones made of a finer material and not half as bulky? any help would be great!

Unfortunately all the scarves these days seem to be crappy 100% acrylic or something like that. I'm pretty sure that there would be a profitable market for exactly the old style of scarf that you mention.

And also Thistle tartan scarves, of course.

• Like 1

A friend of mine has recently started reproducing Celtic and Sevco scarves from the 60s and 70s. I asked him about doing the same for us but the answer was a firm no.

The reason for this being that the minimum order from the manufacturer is 1,500. I doubt we could sell even half of that.

A friend of mine has recently started reproducing Celtic and Sevco scarves from the 60s and 70s. I asked him about doing the same for us but the answer was a firm no.

The reason for this being that the minimum order from the manufacturer is 1,500. I doubt we could sell even half of that.

Sadly I think you a right, i seen a celtic one a few years ago apart from the obvious like it being a celtic scraf the shape size and style was perfect. They might catch on once the first couple hundred get bought but thats probably optimistic.

Seems like the closest thread to ask this, does anyone know where I could get an old fashioned / vintage thistle scarf, one of the smaller ones made of a finer material and not half as bulky? any help would be great!

The Garrion Bridge shop stocked these when I was last there but it's a couple of years ago now so not sure if they still have them.

The Garrion Bridge? excuse my ignorance I've never heard of it, googled and all that came up was a garden centre?

its also sells Antiques. its where they filmed Flog It, Has plenty of Football Memorabilia, and does a lovely Meringue in the Coffee shop.

its well worth a visit.

• Like 1