Helicopter Crashes Into Clutha Bar In Stockwell Street

Garscube Road End

Ska band playing at time,know it's advertised on here a lot. Hope u all ok!!

Yes i realy hope everyone is ok.

The pics are terrible but on Sky news it said all members of the band were ok.

My son commented on this helicopter after we had left training at the Firhill Complex tonight just after 9pm

We got down to the M74 and he said it was flying quite low above us circling but i never got a good view of it.

I think the accident happened an hour or so after we had seen it.

Aye 10.30 they reckon. Fell like a stone,Gordon Smart says.

Someone on Sky news said they got out the bar after the impact that wasn't major but then the roof gave way a bit causing all the dust and when outside the helicopter dropped further into the bar as they roof gave way further.

This would tell you they crash landed it rather than it going straight through the roof on impact which surely would have saved many folk.

Ska band playing at time,know it's advertised on here a lot. Hope u all ok!!

Thanks for the post. I was down to go to this tonight with another mate on the forum but called off with a heavy cold. My son was in the pub with Missing Words and both got out okay. My wife is away to pick my son up just now. Bit of a shocker... couldn't believe the "you'll never guess what's just happened" phone call!

I hope no one is seriously injured and my thoughts are with those who've been injured.

I know its a cliche, but this sort of thing puts activities like football in perspective. Its always brings it home to you when its somewhere you know. Not that I've been in there for a couple of years, the last time I ended up there was myself and a few mates after a Jags game. From memory its quite a tight bar, especially when there's a band on. My thoughts are with any who has lost a loved one.

Thanks to everyone who has sent Esperanza and I messages of support.

We are all very shocked, but grateful to be alive.

Sadly, there have been others not so fortunate. Our thoughts are with their families and friends at this dreadful time.

One of our ska family is still missing and we are hoping for a miracle.

• Like 1