Flags & Banners Banned

Norgethistle

See St Johnstone have banned flags etc in case pyrotechnics set them on fire at the Celtic game.

About time the clubs / authorities dealt with the cause of the problem (green brigade) instead of changing football to accommodate them

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/25490688

I heard Celtic have lifted the ban on the GB but don't know if it's 100% true but if it is the ban didn't last long

Banning flags etc is ridiculous and where is this all going?

Offensive banners yes but all flags?

I heard Celtic have lifted the ban on the GB but don't know if it's 100% true but if it is the ban didn't last long

Banning flags etc is ridiculous and where is this all going?

Offensive banners yes but all flags?

It's time they sent the riot police and dogs amongst this mob, far too long have they done what ever they wanted and got away with it, I have heard the rumour about the GB ban being lifted too, possibly in time for our visit on the 1st

It's time they sent the riot police and dogs amongst this mob, far too long have they done what ever they wanted and got away with it, I have heard the rumour about the GB ban being lifted too, possibly in time for our visit on the 1st

The press don't want to know either and the club itself don't seem to have the guts to take this lot on and see things through.

Creating an atmosphere is good and what all clubs should be encouraging but in the case of the GB it's all went a bit too far with the political songs and can't see them not causing bother again in the future.

Well that's just not true...

The actions of the Green Brigade has dominated media discourse for weeks.

It's taken them long enough and for both cheeks of the arse, this has been going on at every Celtic away game for over a year now and all we keep hearing is they are being victimised, they are, by their actions, ruining match day experience for all the fans of the other 40 league clubs

And we've been reading about it for at least a year, possibly more.

Let's not girn about their claims of being the Most Oppressed People Ever while simultaneously moaning about some fantasy media blackout.

The Celtic/Rangers stuff is beyond boring. I've seen plenty of suggestions of a boycott of Parkhead online linked to ticket prices that conveniently ignore the fact we're charging their supporters more than any other.

I'll continue to find the posts concerning the 'two cheeks of the same arse' and those lambasting the hatred at the core of their commerciality laughable as long as we as a club are happy to make money off them and, in some supporters' cases, define ourselves as non-Old Firm fans first and foremost.

Celtic (and Rangers) are doing absolutely nothing to stamp out the problems associated with a large percentage of their travelling support, by continuing to ignore it and bow down to these sections they are condoning their actions.

I don't think it's a large percentage of the away fans when it comes down to the use of flares etc.

Seems there has been no u-turn after all - heard on the radio that police scotland have stated that the ban stands and they have not been in touch with celtic with regards to a u-turn!

Unleash the paranoia ...

(Yes - I genuinely needed to edit a three word post!)

Edited by MerryHell