pink panther

I was killing myself laughing at them at the start but have to agree with the opening post

You see that type of thing in the Bundesliga and you think "Wow". Why is it a cringe over here? Really brought something to the game and cheered their team on regardless. Not that they needed much encouragement today!

As with all "fan groups", there will always be wee (or big) numpties. Just hope there was no bother before or after the game.

No matter your views on these boys we looked second best off the pitch as well. Liviest support at Firhil in years. Baby Shed, time for a recruitment drive!

I agree. If we disregard the fact that they're a bunch of wee sh1tes for a moment, I think the atmosphere they created was decent. The Well players would have heard them from the pitch and that's what it's all about at the end of the day. Don't like the 'Ultra' element of it, but for atmosphere alone I thought they were good.

flash bangs

After two incidents with Motherwell fans at away games this season, why does our clubs duty of care only extend to Celtic fans needing to be moved, and not Motherwell, Brian?

I know our chairman said that the safety certificate was only issued to the club on the grounds that Celtic fans can't be housed in the main stand... But he also said had has a duty of care to every fan who enters the ground... Why no duty of care to the Motherwell fans?

Mmmmm.....try and stick with the thread mate. We're trying to share honest opinions on the atmosphere that was generated by Well fans. What's the GB got to do with anything?

The "atmosphere" generated by the 'well "ultras" was hardly an atmosphere.

They were being led in synchronised clapping and rehearsed songs, it didn't really seem that they were following the game. This is exactly what the GB do.

You'll notice that when we scored. they went silent. Hardly generating an atmosphere of encouragement for their side. It's very easy to sing we your team starts rumping the opposition 5-1. At one point they seemed to be having a mini rammy between themselves, don't know what that was all about. Then watching the game on telly, it became clear that the bunch is entirely made up of teenagers.

There's a big difference between generating an atmosphere and a bunch of neds just looking to stir. My opinion is that that lot are firmly in the latter, and are an embarrassment to their club and football in general. Much like the group of bairns in the North Stand scuttling about giving gestures to the away fans, I don't want my club represented by a bunch of 14-year-old fannies, thanks very much. The North Stand should not be open to kids.

So the Well fans were letting off flash bangs yesterday, and have let off flares in the past too.

Why are these little tits getting praised for their moronic behaviour when the GB have been universally condemned on here in the past for the exact same stuff?

If the GB didn't sing sectarian songs and hang idiotic banners would they be a benefit to the game too?

I don't want tossers like that at any game supporting any team. Just like I deplored people jumping on the pitch at the cup final last year, and was told it generated 'atmosphere'.

We'll just have to disagree if that's the kind of element you want to encourage at football games.

They were being led in synchronised clapping and rehearsed songs, it didn't really seem that they were following the game. This is exactly what the GB do.

You'll notice that when we scored. they went silent. Hardly generating an atmosphere of encouragement for their side. It's very easy to sing we your team starts rumping the opposition 5-1. At one point they seemed to be having a mini rammy between themselves, don't know what that was all about. Then watching the game on telly, it became clear that the bunch is entirely made up of teenagers.

There's a big difference between generating an atmosphere and a bunch of neds just looking to stir. My opinion is that that lot are firmly in the latter, and are an embarrassment to their club and football in general. Much like the group of bairns in the North Stand scuttling about giving gestures to the away fans, I don't want my club represented by a bunch of 14-year-old fannies, thanks very much. The North Stand should not be open to kids.

So the Well fans were letting off flash bangs yesterday, and have let off flares in the past too.

Why are these little tits getting praised for their moronic behaviour when the GB have been universally condemned on here in the past for the exact same stuff?

If the GB didn't sing sectarian songs and hang idiotic banners would they be a benefit to the game too?

I don't want tossers like that at any game supporting any team. Just like I deplored people jumping on the pitch at the cup final last year, and was told it generated 'atmosphere'.

We'll just have to disagree if that's the kind of element you want to encourage at football games.

Some good points but terrace culture is a huge part of football.

Hangings to good for them eh?

You should try rugby mate, seems that would be much more suited to your needs.

• Like 2

Depends what parts of "terrace culture" you adopt.

The north stand I'd say has picked the best bits of it and left the shit behind. Unfortunately for Well, they have taken up just about the lot.

At some games the atmosphere in the north Stand is dire. If you watch the highlights of when Motherwell got humped with Celtic at fir park you'll notice that they did indeed still sing and clap, whilst we the north stand yesterday at 4-1 down started to ole our own players. So slagging our own players is one of the best bits we have taken?

At some games the atmosphere in the north Stand is dire. If you watch the highlights of when Motherwell got humped with Celtic at fir park you'll notice that they did indeed still sing and clap, whilst we the north stand yesterday at 4-1 down started to ole our own players. So slagging our own players is one of the best bits we have taken?

Ah, selective quoting to twist your own version. I'll leave you to guess the answer. What a fckin stupid question.