Hearts V Jags

The Cup

Agree that it would be a big risk and if everyone is fit, one which wouldn't even be an option. We are, however, very short on numbers in the middle of the park with Ozzy, welsh and banzo all out and I think I would rather have Doolan anywhere on the park, rather than Forbes or Kerr who have shown next to nothing this season. Muirhead and craigen in the middle of the park should give us enough solidity and energy and hopefully, with Doolan playing in front of them, there won't be as big a gap to Taylor like there was on Sunday and we can create some chances for them.

A brief footnote to the Hearts game. Did I imagine it or did SOD really go on an almost Hansen-esque run with the ball across the entire width of our 6 yard box in the second half?

Shooing Fox out of the way in the process!

Not seen it mentioned elsewhere, so perhaps it was just the strain of those final few minutes.

it happened.

Agree that it would be a big risk and if everyone is fit, one which wouldn't even be an option. We are, however, very short on numbers in the middle of the park with Ozzy, welsh and banzo all out and I think I would rather have Doolan anywhere on the park, rather than Forbes or Kerr who have shown next to nothing this season. Muirhead and craigen in the middle of the park should give us enough solidity and energy and hopefully, with Doolan playing in front of them, there won't be as big a gap to Taylor like there was on Sunday and we can create some chances for them.

exactly.

Whereas I genuinely appreciate the caution of some who believe that putting Doolan into a relatively unfamiliar position is not without risk, I think that sometimes we can be over-scientific about formations and the individual players who populate those formations. The argument has been well made for a fit, hungry Kris Doolan to play from the start of a vital game, and in the same team as Lyle Taylor.

The fact is that he is on top of his game right now and we can ill afford to suppress that due to over-theoretical reasons. Dools will put in a shift and a half and, in tandem with Taylor, will scare the shit out of RC with his ability to get into threatening positions and find the back of the net.

Hey, if that turns out to be a bad call we're still allowed 3 substitutions, so there's plenty of scope for a plan B.

Monni Jags. Intaerrum.

• Like 1

I'd also be wary of playing Doolan in an AM role, although we are running out of options. I never thought I'd say this given my previous criticisms of him, but I'd bring in Forbes to either play alongside Aero in CM, with Craigen moving to AM, or to play in the AM role himself. Doolan is used to recieving the ball with his back to goal, or playing on the shoulder of the last defender, not playing as a playmaker. Then again, I thought Gabby should be bannished to the reserves, so what do I know.