Incident On Firhill Road

redandyellowarmy

Almost ran the guy down a bit further up the road. He chased the car down to the lights to have a word. The driver had been causing problems before the almost accident. Was sitting full length across the Firhill road at one point causing a jam then decided to try to drive up past the Stadium . The police stopped him so he then decided to head back down toward the lights almost squashing the guy in the process. Don't understand why today the traffic was allowed on the Firhill road while people were leaving the match.

Almost ran the guy down a bit further up the road. He chased the car down to the lights to have a word. The driver had been causing problems before the almost accident. Was sitting full length across the Firhill road at one point causing a jam then decided to try to drive up past the Stadium . The police stopped him so he then decided to head back down toward the lights almost squashing the guy in the process. Don't understand why today the traffic was allowed on the Firhill road while people were leaving the match.

There was no police blocking the exits to car parks etc on Firhill Road which there usually is. Don't really know how difficult it is to walk on a pavement right enough, there's not that many fans that you can't take your time & avoid any incidents with cars.

Talking about this, isn't it about time the stewards held back the cars from the back of the stadium for 5-10 minutes? Leaving fans have got to walk on the road because of the cars parked on the pavement and verge. Some of the drivers are in such a hurry to get down just to sit at the main road.

Edited by scotty
  • Like 1

There were as usual a load of fans walking in the road. I don't think anyone was expecting traffic. The driver of the mini involved in the incident did seem to be going too fast given that people were on the road. Wouldn't have occurred had the normal road policing been in force. Fortunately no one was injured.

Saw the incident myself.

The car involved started off in a queue going up Firhill Rd. They then decided to do a 3 point turn but forgetting to make sure that the road was clear of pedestrians. Several near misses during each of the "3 points".

To make matters worse the driver then whizzed down Firhill Rd far too fast considering how many people were about. Wreckless driving IMO.

That was when a guy confronted the driver at the lights, think a few people gave him verbal actually, but can't say I blame them.

I do think that now we are in the top league, with more fans present at most games, Firhill Rd should be closed to traffic after the game.

Edited by ian_mac

Saw the incident myself.

The car involved started off in a queue going up Firhill Rd. They then decided to do a 3 point turn but forgetting to make sure that the road was clear of pedestrians. Several near misses during each of the "3 points".

To make matters worse the driver then whizzed down Firhill Rd far too fast considering how many people were about. Wreckless driving IMO.

That was when a guy confronted the driver at the lights, think a few people gave him verbal actually, but can't say I blame them.

I do think that now we are in the top league, with more fans present at most games, Firhill Rd should be closed to traffic after the game.

The guy doing the shouting was giving it "you knocked me down!!".

Not strictly true then?

Unless there was more than one incident, the car I saw was dark coloured with an old guy and two older blonde haired women in it.

I was out quite sharp and a white Audi A1 went tearing up towards the main stand, only to get as far as the exit to the industrial estate. Did about a 20 point turn to eventually race back down to the traffic lights.

I think there must have been more than 1 car that decided to turn round when they realised they would have to wait.

H Wragg - I didn't see the black mini hit the guy but that's not to say it didn't happen. The guy was seething by the time I got to the lights and from what I saw earlier on, the driver was definitely going too fast considering the number of people kicking about.

Also just remembered, to top it all off, that he went through a red light at the bottom of Firhill Rd.

Edited by ian_mac

There were as usual a load of fans walking in the road coming down the road. I don't think anyone was expecting traffic. The driver of the mini involved in the incident did seem to be going too fast given that people were on the road. Wouldn't have occurred had the normal road policing been in force. Fortunately no one was injured.

Fixed for you.

• Like 1

Two guys came out the north stand and barged into a group of killie fans 3 of them must have been no more than 16 then the two guys decide to shout abuse at killie fans (male and female both in their 40s). Very embarrassing and the police got involved for a bit but Jst sent the two guys on their way after telling them to calm down. Not the image you wanna see from our own fans.

Two guys came out the north stand and barged into a group of killie fans 3 of them must have been no more than 16 then the two guys decide to shout abuse at killie fans (male and female both in their 40s). Very embarrassing and the police got involved for a bit but Jst sent the two guys on their way after telling them to calm down. Not the image you wanna see from our own fans.

Don't think he was talking about that incident. There was some handbags swinging further down the road, dealt with swiftly by the police.

Don't think he was talking about that incident. There was some handbags swinging further down the road, dealt with swiftly by the police.

can't comment about the northy meets the main stand incident, never saw or noticed that, but approaching bottom of firhill road police wagon came shooting down the road from ground with blues and twos going, and stopped just before the lights. while didn't see the incident, as i walked by, heard one guy saying to 3 police around him "wouldn't you react if someone swung a traffic cone in your face", while in the wagon it appeared to be a guy sitting in one of the seats with another few police around him. we didn't notice colours on either, so can't say who supported who.

also in comparison to last week, did notice that there seemed to be police blocking off most streets and cars parked exits onto firhill road.

can't comment about the northy meets the main stand incident, never saw or noticed that, but approaching bottom of firhill road police wagon came shooting down the road from ground with blues and twos going, and stopped just before the lights. while didn't see the incident, as i walked by, heard one guy saying to 3 police around him "wouldn't you react if someone swung a traffic cone in your face", while in the wagon it appeared to be a guy sitting in one of the seats with another few police around him. we didn't notice colours on either, so can't say who supported who.

also in comparison to last week, did notice that there seemed to be police blocking off most streets and cars parked exits onto firhill road.

Aye a guy tried to set about another guy with a cone, the guy in dark clothes got it in the face but it was more a toss than swinging the cone. He then, to what I saw, started swinging punches at another guy then got chased by the polis.

Anyway, upshot is the 'babyshed' are claiming this one. Earlier, further back on firhill road about 6 'babyshed' squared up to them then it seemed to die down. Then the 'babyshed' (apparently) run down and started it off again. Handbags really.

Aye a guy tried to set about another guy with a cone, the guy in dark clothes got it in the face but it was more a toss than swinging the cone. He then, to what I saw, started swinging punches at another guy then got chased by the polis.

Anyway, upshot is the 'babyshed' are claiming this one. Earlier, further back on firhill road about 6 'babyshed' squared up to them then it seemed to die down. Then the 'babyshed' (apparently) run down and started it off again. Handbags really.

i'd rather not have any of these little tosspots anywhere CLOSE to my club. or anywhere near scottish football at all for that matter

• Like 1

The sooner the police start kettling these wee buggers the better.

i saw the minibus/van with the flashing lights on heading down past the main stand as i headed across to queens cross - thought to myself that those lazy polis finally had something to do as i noted about a dozen or so in the ground during the game standing about doing feck all watching the game when they could be on the beat in the community - maybe if they were out the van and on the road doing a competent job (like stopping traffic and being a visible presence so wee dafties think twice about making an arse of themselves) then stuff like this might not happen at all