Your Mobile Phone Network

The Legend Blows

Currently in the final month of my phone deal and I'm about to upgrade or change network. I'm on O2 which is fine but the deals on phones seem to be on other networks. How is do you find your network service in Glasgow? I'm mostly southside and city centre. Been hearing various horror stories about other networks (i.e Vodafone, T-Moblie, EE) but no sure whether to take the chance for 2 years.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Here's a thought. Join easyfundraising and sign up for WeareThistle fundraising, then go to Carphone Warehouse, which will have lots of choices of networks and packages and get at least a tenner donation when you sign with them. However, I'm with Virgin which can be a bit dodgy if you travel to far off flung places or just to a remote part of Scotland.

• Members

I'm in the Southside as well. My work phone is O2 and I have a great signal. My own and other family members phones are all on EE which shares the T-Mobile network and although we can get a signal, it's sometimes pretty weak. My other Daughter went to Three recently and she is very happy with it, they've improved their signal strength in recent years apparently and so not as flaky as they once were.

If you are happy with the signal you receive from O2, it might be worth investigating who they share their signal with and see if you can get a better deal from them? Also, if you call O2 up to tell them you are quitting, you might find they'll offer you a better deal to stay.

When travelling back to Glasgow I'm amazed at how bad the mobile reception is and data transfer rate, I'm on a Norwegian network and am able to choose any network when I am home, and depending what area you are in the best and worst always change, I get better coverage in Romania than the UK

Rootmetrics gave EE top scores across the board for the network. Don't know if that included testing the Orange and T-Mobile networks but their 4G is the strongest in the Uk at the moment. Three and Vodafone are pretty bad, O2 are pretty good too in Glasgow as my friends are on it

Don't know where you get that three are pretty bad. I've been with them 6mnths now and never had a problem. Their 3g network has never let me down and with unlimited data useage I do use this a lot. Throw in the free upgrade to 4g which I get in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Newcastle then overall I find them pretty good