Lawless In For Erskine At Tynecastle?

thebiglemon

I think we need to consider playing Erskine through the middle. He's just not comfortable out wide. The logic would be to take Craigen out for Lawless or Elliott.

Hopefully Buaben will be fit for Wednesday though. I think we'll need more of a physical presence in the middle to support Fraser and Bannigan.

I'd definitely start Lawless over Erskine. Saying Lawless is too lightweight is really not the case at all. He is smaller than Erskine and Elliot but can guarantee he will win more balls than them both. Fair enough, not many headers, but how many headers do Erskine and Elliot win anyway. There is also goals in Lawless and while nobody is performing in his position, I think he should be given a shot.

Neither to start . I'd rather see Dools play just behind Lyle. Chris is out of confidence and Lawless has had little game time and has looked well off the pace when he's been used as sub.

Edited by Z88

Elliott to start, he comes on every game for a token 15 minutes in exchange for erskine who just isn't performing at this level, there is more to Elliott's game than he is giving credit for, again he was more of a threat in the short time he was on than erskine has been in his last three games.

What we need now is a massive performance from the physio team. Really getting concerned about the recent injury toll, not including our long standing absentees.

I was a physio for 20 years. Trust me there is very little that can be done to make injuries heal quicker than they would by themselves. You can make things worse though by returning to inappropriate exercise too quickly.

Only guys who are 100% for Wednesday.

With all due respect, & I know desperate times call for desperate measures, to suggest Lawless or Elliot to start shows how poor our squad depth is.

Elliot wasn't good enough for 1st Div & Lawless, as has been said already, would get booted up & down a tight Tynecastle pitch.

Craigen wide right & Bauben back in midfield if fit.

I'd be very tempted to play with Doolan behind Taylor on Wednesday. Probably with Craigen and Higgy wide.

Try and play in Hearts' half and try things in and around their box. This is Doolan's best area I think, the guy is class and he is Taylor's best chance of getting a goal.

• Like 1

I think if Archie was replacing Erskine it would be coming from the defensive point of view where he's been far weaker than Higgy. Last Friday's penalty aside Kallum has contributed a fair deal tracking back. Well as much as you'd want from a flair attacking player. Chris is a bit lost in defence both positionally and in defending. I don't think then you would drop Erskine for Lawless altho' I'd concede he's probably the better player out wide.

Woodstock Jag correctly points out that the Doolan/Taylor thingy didn't work and that was against Hearts into the bargain. If Dools had the body strength of Taylor it might be different and he'd be more effective when called upon to back track and defend. Seems then to always come back to playing Elliott and even tho' I'm not one of his critics I have to concede he can have a poor game when started and is more at home as an impact sub.

I think then Archie will probably continue with Erskine in the hope he'll have one of his brilliant performances. He's certainly due one

Stated in February and will state it again. Lawless will not start another game for us. Archie has spat the dummy out and will not start him again!!! Amazes me that someone who attracted over a dozen bids in the summer and another 3 in January cannot get a start.

Stated in February and will state it again. Lawless will not start another game for us. Archie has spat the dummy out and will not start him again!!! Amazes me that someone who attracted over a dozen bids in the summer and another 3 in January cannot get a start.

"Spat the dummy" over what, exactly?

Don't know the injury situation, but we've really got to go for it on Wednesday. We simply can't sit in against Hearts (or to be honest, anyone else!) or we'll get humped, the reason we got humped against them at Firhill is that we were comprehensive outfought after half an hour. We've got do do what we're good at i.e. play good football with the ball on the deck. When we did that yesterday, on far too few occasions we looked decent

Cos the boy refused 3 times to resign. If he wasn't going to play him from end of January why did we not sell him to one of the 3 clubs that came in for him in January?

Must've missed that. What three clubs?

Regardless, even with the addition of Erskine we would need back up. Lawless has simply gone from being a regular starter to being a squad player. Somebody had to.

Jaggy mad what's with the love fest for lawless. U know more about him than anyone, u can only be his agent, his dad, or lawless, give it up, it's not happening for the kid and hopefully he gets himself fixed up next season and proves the doubters including myself wrong.

why did we not sell him to one of the 3 clubs that came in for him in January?

over a dozen bids in the summer? really? who were these dozen plus bids from?

and three in january? again, who were these three bids from?

Why not play Lawless?

Not seen much of him this term but last season i thought he was excellent although i know it's at a lower level.

I'm sure he would do a decent job if given a chance in the side.

Listen my son says he knows his footballer's and Lawless is one of his favourite players. :thumbsup2:

If it doesn't happen for him at Thistle i'm sure he will do well wherever he ends up and i for one hopes he goes on to do well for himself.

Edited by billko