North Stand

Graemei

It's stand where you want. This was one of the fundamental principals put in place when the concept was first thought up.

The reasoning for this was to encourage a "terrace culture" - and so that people could stand with their mates.

People are always more likely to get involved in the singing when they are amongst friends and familiar faces.

have never seen my allocated seat, as far as i am aware, you just stand where you want. you are allocated a seat for, i assume, health and safety reasons re: attendance numbers.

I would be right p'd off if i turned up at the North Stand to find that patg'ers had filled the whole place and that i couldn't get in to not-sit in my allocated seat ;p or, even worse, or my seat had been broken by one of the ugly sisters :@

My point is straightforward. If you buy a season ticket you are given a seat. Currently, you can stand where you want. That might be impractical if another Morton scenario happened?

Impractical in what way?

The club overflowing fans from the JHS into the NS without any idea how many were in the JHS overflow or already in the NS?

I'm pretty sure the idea of buying a ST for the NS is that you fully understand that you'll probably never see your allocated seat, and that you were never interested in anything other than standing and singing in the first place.

Spot on BJ.

It really isn't complicated, no matter how much anyone tries to make it seem that way.

2 years in now and there have been no problems.

Two years in but the Morton game wasn't during the new ticketing system.

PT's point is correct. Whilst the season tickets have numbers, if you have fans moving all over the place, you can't keep a track. It's unlikely given our crowds but a possibility.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Two years in but the Morton game wasn't during the new ticketing system.

PT's point is correct. Whilst the season tickets have numbers, if you have fans moving all over the place, you can't keep a track. It's unlikely given our crowds but a possibility.

Got to mind also that the Morton game wasn't televised so there was no great pressure on kicking off on time. Combine a biggish crowd and a Sky game and there could be more than a few souls missing the kick off. In a way that's a sort of good problem to have from a demand point of view but still a potential problem..