Paddy Boyle

That doesn't matter. Half my ******* life has been spent on watching us go nowhere. You won't find a bigger football motivated teenager than me, I don't drink, smoke or anything. I just want to love football and play it. I also expect to watch a high standard of football on Saturday. I don't know how many times I've watched Thistle get arsed by a mediocre team and not thought twice about where I'd be next Saturday. At the game.

and you follow Thistle? That was an error in judgement :lol:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't matter. Half my ******* life has been spent on watching us go nowhere. You won't find a bigger football motivated teenager than me, I don't drink, smoke or anything. I just want to love football and play it. I also expect to watch a high standard of football on Saturday. I don't know how many times I've watched Thistle get arsed by a mediocre team and not thought twice about where I'd be next Saturday. At the game.

in scottish football??? come on.

i am not doubting your support just your grip on reality, we all want thistle to play great all season but its just not going to happen and never happens in any team

• Administrators

a lot of our supporters think that they can hurl abuse and make gestures unresponded to players and staff of the club.

We have noticed this on the forum recently and it will not be tolerated. Personal abuse/insults towards players and staff, from now on, will be treated the same as abuse towards another forum member.

We're not saying you can't criticise or complain about players or staff but there is no need for personal insults.

Cheers

in scottish football??? come on.

i am not doubting your support just your grip on reality, we all want thistle to play great all season but its just not going to happen and never happens in any team

I'm from Milngavie so Thistle happen to be my local team. I believe you should support your local team and it's an addiction, almost. Lots of older Thistle fans have seen sense and aren't at Firhill at all any-more as they got that fed up. That's how easy it is.

Anyone that can give their own fans the giruy sign is not likeable in my books

and you had a go at me re McCall, after he verbally abused the fans. consistancy son. i agree if paton done this then he deserves a bit of sh*t.

but from what i heard re sat, he came over to applaud the fans, we turned on him, so he gave it giruy. i say fare play to him.

and you had a go at me re McCall, after he verbally abused the fans. consistancy son. i agree if paton done this then he deserves a bit of sh*t.

but from what i heard re sat, he came over to applaud the fans, we turned on him, so he gave it giruy. i say fare play to him.

When did McCall verbally abuse the fans?

Thanks to most of you for restoring my faith that there are still some great Jags fans out there that see the club, and the people associated with it including manager, players and fans, for what they are. Not everyone can be at the top of their profession and not everyone has the best day ever every day but are subjected to highs and lows. Normally when a person is on a low, their friends, colleagues and supporters help them through it with support and positive thoughts and don't just say - "yes you did have a bad day - that's because you're rubbish." It does seem that some people, including young Jeehon, believe that it's OK to hurl abuse at people when they are not performing to the best of their ability every day. Fortunately it does appear that there are more with the former view of support rather than abuse.

Thanks to most of you for restoring my faith that there are still some great Jags fans out there that see the club, and the people associated with it including manager, players and fans, for what they are. Not everyone can be at the top of their profession and not everyone has the best day ever every day but are subjected to highs and lows. Normally when a person is on a low, their friends, colleagues and supporters help them through it with support and positive thoughts and don't just say - "yes you did have a bad day - that's because you're rubbish." It does seem that some people, including young Jeehon, believe that it's OK to hurl abuse at people when they are not performing to the best of their ability every day. Fortunately it does appear that there are more with the former view of support rather than abuse.

I clap the team off every game no matter what, just certain people you take an instant dislike to, eg, for me, Paul Paton.

Maybees that's something you should see somebody about. A bit of therapy perhaps, nip it in the bud :thumbsup2:

Is Paddy still on the transfer list? After yesterday's MOTM display, I hope McCall made it clear to him that he has a future at Firhill.

I met Paton last night (he was out with Boyle, Buchanan and Harkins) and I agree he was a really decent guy. Seemed genuinely happy about the result and said the derssing room was buzzing after the game. Said all the players were especially happy for Boyle who hasn't shown yet what a good player he is. I've met a few players over the years and he seemed nothing like a big time charlie. Mud sticks and all that.

I also agree about the one footedness thing. As long as you are doing the business with your good foot then that's all that matters. Maradona only played with one foot!

I met Paton last night (he was out with Boyle, Buchanan and Harkins) and I agree he was a really decent guy. Seemed genuinely happy about the result and said the derssing room was buzzing after the game. Said all the players were especially happy for Boyle who hasn't shown yet what a good player he is. I've met a few players over the years and he seemed nothing like a big time charlie. Mud sticks and all that.

I also agree about the one footedness thing. As long as you are doing the business with your good foot then that's all that matters. Maradona only played with one foot!

Where did you meet them?

This kind of confirms something jags365 and I discussed during the game. We saw Harkins walk over to Paton for a wee chat during a substitution when Dundee had a throw in on the JH side around the half way line. There were two possible conversations they may have had...

GH: So what's the plans tonight then?

PP: Gonnae get together 'bout 8 in Ashton Lane and get pure mingin'.

GH: Gutted, I wanted to head to Viccy's tonight.

or

GH: See you're still only using that left peg for standing on, Paul.

PP: See you've still got that baldy patch, Gary.

Edited to correct Harkins' grammar.

Edited by Ronaldinho

This kind of confirms something jags365 and I discussed during the game. We saw Harkins walk over to Paton for a wee chat during a substitution when Dundee had a throw in on the JH side around the half way line. There were two possible conversations they may have had...

GH: So what's the plans tonight then?

PP: Gonnae get together 'bout 8 in Ashton Lane and get pure mingin'.

GH: Gutted, I wanted to head to Viccy's tonight.

or

GH: See you're still only using that left peg for standing on, Paul.

PP: See you've still got that baldy patch, Gary.

Edited to correct Harkins' grammar.

:D

Would be nice with luck if this info finds its way onto the Dundee websites. Harkins fraternising with ex teammmates and the guy whose goal won the game. That's the sort of stuff that could grow legs with that paranoid lot.

Last year maybe? Many people will remember this by the way. When Motherwell were apparently interested

Only just read this as been on holiday. couple of questions:

Is Paul Paton not entitled to want to better himself and believe in himself ?

Is it perfectly ok for you, or other fans to hurl abuse at the team, but they are not to respond ?

If you feel as you do about the players and the club, why follow us ? You clearly have no love of Partick Thistle.

I remember the back to back championships under Lambie. A young lad turned to his dad the day we got the 1st division trophy and very confidently stated we'd make it 3 in a row by winning the SPL the next season. The dad's response was to tell him, that what he'd seen for the last 2 yrs was as good as it gets. Those of us who heard the young lad all laughed at his innocence.

I wondered for a while how the youngsters at that time would support the jags as they got older. Jeehon, if you are the answer then the back to back championships were not worth it. Oh and I take no pleasure whatsoever in saying that.

Only just read this as been on holiday. couple of questions:

Is Paul Paton not entitled to want to better himself and believe in himself ?

Is it perfectly ok for you, or other fans to hurl abuse at the team, but they are not to respond ?

If you feel as you do about the players and the club, why follow us ? You clearly have no love of Partick Thistle.

I remember the back to back championships under Lambie. A young lad turned to his dad the day we got the 1st division trophy and very confidently stated we'd make it 3 in a row by winning the SPL the next season. The dad's response was to tell him, that what he'd seen for the last 2 yrs was as good as it gets. Those of us who heard the young lad all laughed at his innocence.

I wondered for a while how the youngsters at that time would support the jags as they got older. Jeehon, if you are the answer then the back to back championships were not worth it. Oh and I take no pleasure whatsoever in saying that.

Well said although I suspect it will generally fall on deaf ears with the likes of Jeehon. He's been rather anonymous since we had a great game and both Boyle and Paton were both excellent. Probably on the Dundee website having a moan on there.........

Well said although I suspect it will generally fall on deaf ears with the likes of Jeehon. He's been rather anonymous since we had a great game and both Boyle and Paton were both excellent. Probably on the Dundee website having a moan on there.........

To his credit he has been on and praised both Boyle and Paton, can't mind the thread it was tho.