Potentially Libelous No Longer?

Mr Bunny

Would imagine MasterPates will be shown the door at Tannadice if he is found guilty

Better keeping this hypothetical. Would a certain chairman, who's not renown for his straight dealing in matters financial, show the door to a player found guilty of a similar charge, if that player had a six figure transfer value?

Would imagine MasterPates will be shown the door at Tannadice if he is found guilty

I don't think that's a certainty by any means.

Let's not muck around here - as wee Gordon said during the Suarez affair - there are no morals in football.

If United consider him an integral part of the first team, they will keep him, regardless of what he's done.

I don't think that's a certainty by any means.

Let's not muck around here - as wee Gordon said during the Suarez affair - there are no morals in football.

If United consider him an integral part of the first team, they will keep him, regardless of what he's done.

We've seen it before. Club might fine him and suspend him for a few games but I think you're right, he's unlikely to be got rid of. That usually happens when the club would have liked to move him on anyway and see it as a cheap way of doing it.

United will kept him regardless of any possible court verdict, it's a bit like the time when a 1st Division club sacked 2 outta 3 players for going to a pub during a game, the player kept was a 1st team player the other 2 squad players coming to the end of their contracts.

A more recent example is Gary Fraser. Pretty horrific incident he was involved in, even if it was on the pitch.

Had he been a less promising player, we could have taken the moral high ground and got rid of him on the cheap.

As it happened, he was a player of great potential and we stood by him.

• Members

A more recent example is Gary Fraser. Pretty horrific incident he was involved in, even if it was on the pitch.

Had he been a less promising player, we could have taken the moral high ground and got rid of him on the cheap.

As it happened, he was a player of great potential and we stood by him.

He wasn't our player at the time though.

He was playing for us at the time though. The fact that we signed him permanently AFTER witnessing that incident makes our "morals" even worse.

Playing devil's advocate here of course. The boy's a real find and I'm glad we have him.

I know we're moving slightly off topic but the boy has market value which is underpinned by his talent. If we didn't take him then someone else would have offered him some form of second chance / rehabilitation. Look at Joey Barton; or am I now going waaaay off topic!

I know we're moving slightly off topic but the boy has market value which is underpinned by his talent. If we didn't take him then someone else would have offered him some form of second chance / rehabilitation. Look at Joey Barton; or am I now going waaaay off topic!

I agree with you. But the morally correct thing to do would probably have been to let him go. Football clubs seem to magically acquire these morals when the crime relates to a player who isn't highly rated.

• Like 1