The Best Partick Thistle Goal Of 2014

Yellow & Redneck

Best Goal of 2014  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best Partick Thistle goal of 2014?

• Goal A: Erskine vs Hibs
    • Goal B: Fraser vs Hearts
    • Goal C: Higginbotham vs Hamilton
    • Goal D: O'Donnell vs Ross County
    • Goal E: Higginbotham vs Kilmarnock
    • Goal F: Fraser vs Dundee
    • Goal G: Higginbotham vs Motherwell
    • Goal H: Lawless vs Ross County
    • Goal I: Higginbotham vs Hibernian
    • Goal J: Taylor vs Aberdeen

I've gone for The Bridge v Hibs. Great, speedy, free flowing team football which sums up our philosophy.

I've voted for another goal but your argument is identical to mine when I was shouting the odds in favour of SOD's goal against Dunfermline two year ago. Should really be able to vote for best team goal and best individual goal. :)

I've voted for another goal but your argument is identical to mine when I was shouting the odds in favour of SOD's goal against Dunfermline two year ago. Should really be able to vote for best team goal and best individual goal. :)

That's the beauty of this poll. The OP never selected the option to only allow voters to select one answer. As a result I deleted my original vote and voted for all ten.

Great effort. I think I'd vote for the Fraser one regardless, it's just such a clean strike, and I can't separate the goal from the match which is perhaps unfair. I'd have had this one in from the Ross County game as one of my top 5, and another Christie assist I think (commentator says Higginbotham)

[Edit: can't get it to not embed the video, so skip to 4 minutes in here]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrP36YiGlMQ&t=4m0s

Edited by Hopeless Unbeliever

Almost unfair to pick a "goal of the year". Each great in their own way amd can easily understand why Gaz's goal will poll well given the emotion that goes with it.

What makes up a great goal anyway?.... lead up play, the telling pass, the control of ball or the finish - all are there in spades.

In the end picked the Lawless goal for the team passes. It is a relatively straight finish but rare to see the 1 touch stuff go through the number of passes and end in the net. That was jist sublime!

It just occurred to me there was a goal missing from the list. Doolan's v St. Mirren at Firhill where both Higgy's cross and Doolan's header back across the goal were sublime. It still wouldn't be my favourite but it was supreme skill from them both.

Edited by The Sunnylaw Jag
  • Like 1

It just occurred to me there was a goal missing from the list. Doolan's v St. Mirren at Firhill where both Higgy's cross and Doolan's header back across the goal were sublime. It still wouldn't be my favourite but it was supreme skill from them both.

That reminds us of how good a striker Dools is when he gets the service.

Excellent goal in every way. It would top the poll for "The Best Partick Thistle Assist" of 2014.

By the way, I reckon if ye get rid of the "s" in "https" yer vid should auto-embed. Well, it worked for me anyway.