Christie Elliott

Hankey

What on earth does this lad do to merit being what is pretty much a mainstay of the team at the moment, whilst there are better options sitting on the sidelines?

Plenty of effort and all that, but for me hes ******* rotten. Can't beat a man and resorts to passing the ball sideways or backwards the majority of the time, struggles to get his crosses by the first man. I can sort of see his inclusion in an emergency as a full back, but this guy is consistently being started by Archie out wide week in and out with little success.

What on earth does this lad do to merit being what is pretty much a mainstay of the team at the moment, whilst there are better options sitting on the sidelines?

Plenty of effort and all that, but for me hes ******* rotten. Can't beat a man and resorts to passing the ball sideways or backwards the majority of the time, struggles to get his crosses by the first man. I can sort of see his inclusion in an emergency as a full back, but this guy is consistently being started by Archie out wide week in and out with little success.

No idea I have always thought he was poor

He sold the last goal today

Useless

You missed the fact that two of our only 3 crosses into the box in the first half came from him.

That our only chance on target in the first half came from him.

And he's clearly a better left back than Booth.

He gives everything. He might not be the most gifted, be he will give you everything.

There were players on the park today far more gifted who gave a whole lot less in effort. Who didn't turn up. Maybe look at them first?

Our defeat today wasn't due to Elliott. It was due to people not giving a shit, not giving their all. That's unforgivable in my book. And more worthy of a thread.

• Like 6

You missed the fact that two of our only 3 crosses into the box in the first half came from him.

That our only chance on target in the first half came from him.

And he's clearly a better left back than Booth.

He gives everything. He might not be the most gifted, be he will give you everything.

There were players on the park today far more gifted who gave a whole lot less in effort. Who didn't turn up. Maybe look at them first?

Our defeat today wasn't due to Elliott. It was due to people not giving a shit, not giving their all. That's unforgivable in my book. And more worthy of a thread.

Totally agree. Picking one guy out of that team is ridiculous. Centre half's were dreadful, Fraser was diabolical and that's just the start. Taylor was the only one that gets pass marks and I have to admit that Higgy at least tried to get things going when he came on. The rest were pathetic! TBH Elliot was one of the better shit players, if that makes sense!

• Like 1

Haven't read through the forum so not sure if it's been mentioned but the worst of the lot was Seaborne taking off the captains armband after giving away the penalty, it looked very like he wanted to be sent off & get off the pitch ASAP. Ridiculous behaviour from the captain, he didn't lead by example in any way. The tackle itself was crazy, that's something you'd expect from a young defender learning his trade.

Today had to be Osman's worst game of this season, closely followed by Fraser, Seabourne & Frans.

Defence was a total shambles and midfield was posted missing.

2nd to nearly every ball, played most of the game as if a punt up the park was a master game plan. Reality is ' get this to feck away from me '

Back to Osman, sorry Abdul but wtf do you pass the ball constantly to someone who is in a worse position than you and put the team under pressure !

Haven't read through the forum so not sure if it's been mentioned but the worst of the lot was Seaborne taking off the captains armband after giving away the penalty, it looked very like he wanted to be sent off & get off the pitch ASAP. Ridiculous behaviour from the captain, he didn't lead by example in any way. The tackle itself was crazy, that's something you'd expect from a young defender learning his trade.

I made that very same comment to the guys I sit next to.

Can you imagine if Balatoni had done that? Tackle or armband?

I said a few weeks ago on another thread that I wasn't convinced by Seabourne especially the fact he was having a lot if one week injuries.

Didn't strike me as the leadership type then & proved it again today.

Gallagher, Taylor

The rest inc Elliott were crap

agree with gallacher and taylor being better than elliott. to be honest, apart from these two, i had no one else in my head being better than elliot today.

but also agree with 1jl and norges double assessments. and even the cups :shocked: shock horror (as in at least seven worse than christie).

my point being, it's unfair on elliott that he has a thread slating him and some (including yourself) saying he is poor, contributes nothing game after game, shouldn't be with us or getting a game, and other nonsense.

when today, and in all his time with us, he at least can pocket his wages most weeks with a degree of pride and knowledge he is at least trying to do his best.

same can't be said for plenty others lately. or are these favourites untouchables, and not worthy of threads dedicated to their not caring and being shockingly poor?

why for some on this forum, are honest hardworking (and versatile) players like elliott, who may not be the most glamorous of players, singled out when they are clearly not the worst underperformers who are stealing a wage some weeks?

• Like 1

agree with gallacher and taylor being better than elliott. to be honest, apart from these two, i had no one else in my head being better than elliot today.

but also agree with 1jl and norges double assessments. and even the cups :shocked: shock horror (as in at least seven worse than christie).

my point being, it's unfair on elliott that he has a thread slating him and some (including yourself) saying he is poor, contributes nothing game after game, shouldn't be with us or getting a game, and other nonsense.

when today, and in all his time with us, he at least can pocket his wages most weeks with a degree of pride and knowledge he is at least trying to do his best.

same can't be said for plenty others lately. or are these favourites untouchables, and not worthy of threads dedicated to their not caring and being shockingly poor?

why for some on this forum, are honest hardworking (and versatile) players like elliott, who may not be the most glamorous of players, singled out when they are clearly not the worst underperformers who are stealing a wage some weeks?

I don't disagree with a lot of this if someone had started a osman or Fraser thread first that would be understandable

For the record I have never rated Elliot he's just not good enough

I've no idea how one player can be picked out for more criticism than any other.

There is always a winner in any race and also a loser. In my opinion he had a total fecking howler.

Is that okay with you ? From my memory the only time Osman has been subbed this season was when we were cruising against Hamilton.

Think that tells me Archie also thought he wasn't having a good time.

Today had to be Osman's worst game of this season, closely followed by Fraser, Seabourne & Frans.

Defence was a total shambles and midfield was posted missing.

2nd to nearly every ball, played most of the game as if a punt up the park was a master game plan. Reality is ' get this to feck away from me '

Back to Osman, sorry Abdul but wtf do you pass the ball constantly to someone who is in a worse position than you and put the team under pressure !

he can also turn a quick attack into a slow move just by receiving the ball.

Sometimes I think other fans can't be watching the same game.

Elliot contributes next to nothing. Then they have a go at Fraser for doing a few wayward passes.

Elliott was the direct cause of two goals today. Neither would of been conceded if Booth remained on the park. Two awful passes by Elliot.

But oh, he did two crosses all game. Elliot must start.

Clueless, absolutely clueless. Elliott should be no where near a premiership squad. He is a joke.

But he works hard so oh well. Maybe I'll call up Archie cause I'd work hard too. Doesn't matter I am not up to the minimum standard of the league.

So fed up of Elliot. I do think if Higgy started before him we would of won. Some people don't seem to be able to read a game beyond direct events. We had nothing on his wing.