Partick Thistle U-20

The Jukebox Rebel

Thanks to the completely excellent coverage at ptfc.co.uk I see the lads had a good win earlier today, defeating Motherwell U-20 by 2 goals to 1.

It was an exceptionally youthful side today with full debuts for Connor Cullin (goalie), Paul Miller, Mark Lamont and Andrew McCarthy.

There were plenty of encouraging performances from Thistle players who made their first appearance at this level and they have left an impression on all who watched the game here in Airdrie.

Next up for the Young Jags is a home match against Hearts; a match which sees a return to Firhill for the Development League side.”

Amazingly, that’s 4 converted penalties in 4 games-in-a-row for the U-20s.

Can they pass on the secrets of their penalty-winning techniques to the seniors please?

• Like 1

Was the Hearts game filmed at all? Hearing that Fraser's goal was better than the one he scored for the seniors against them last season.

It's now on the Tag thingy alongside an interview with Higgy. I think maybe the strong wind last night would've had some sort of bearing on Fraser's goal but still a cracker.

• Like 1

Been a few games since I watched the Development league,Higgy scored but was lucky to stay on the Park,their big Centre- Half was a bit of a clown and him and Higgy didn't see eye to eye at all.Declan was off the pace till the 2nd Half,Garry was pretty steady,scored a really good goal.The team as a whole played pretty well,lost a horrible 2nd goal,they try and play football and move the ball well,doing well considering just how many players are out on loan.

2-0 away win for the Development squad at Inverness

4 U17's playing with one of them getting the Man of the Match

I've noticed younger players have been making up the numbers in some matches recently. Shows they must have the quality to step up (as results have usually been good) and must be good for the confidence of the young guys that they can handle the step up.