Good Players We've Had Direct From The Old Firm

macca

I remember I felt the same about Colin MacAdam. Though he did turn out a better player than Santala. Colin was one of these players that needed a bit of rehabilitation after being part of what must have been the dirtiest Motherwell team in history and possibly the dirtiest Scottish team in history (with the possible exception of the Rangers team that kicked and head-butted Dundee United off the park while the ref did an excellent impersonation of Lord Nelson).

Funny, I thought about big Col as soon as I started to read this thread but on checking he doesn't count here as he didnt arrive direct from the team formerly known as Rangers either time.

Personal information Full name Colin McAdam Date of birth 28 August 1951 Place of birth Glasgow, Scotland Date of death 1 August 2013 (aged 61) Playing position Defender / Striker Senior career* Years Team Apps† (Gls)† 1969-1975 Dumbarton 70 (11) 1975-1978 Motherwell 62 (3) 1977-1980 Partick Thistle 70 (24) 1980-1984 Rangers 65 (15) 1984-1985 Adelaide City 2 (0) 1985-1986 Heart of Midlothian 6 (0) 1986-1988 Partick Thistle 23 (1) National team 1978 Scottish League XI[1] 1 (0) * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.

† Appearances (Goals).

Edited by Peaty FC

The other thread about Rangers cast offs has got me thinking , I know we've had some really poor players from them over the years but what about good players ,so I'll start it off Kenny Watson (Rangers ). Gerry Britton,Davie Elliott,Andy Murdoch (Celtic)

I think we should only count reasonably established OF players for this. Kenny Watson would be number one for me. 60+ appearances for rangers albeit over a 4.5 year period then went on to give us great service, including a period when we were in the doldrums and he practically kept us together single-handed.

Surprised, no one's picked Kenny Watson from Rangers! Surely one of our best ever buys?

As you can see he`s already been mentioned at least twice!

Funny, I thought about big Col as soon as I started to read this thread but on checking he doesn't count here as he didnt arrive direct from the team formerly known as Rangers either time.

I hadn't meant to put him forward as one fitting the theme - though I see it might have easily been read that way. I was just responding to the comment re Santala and wandered off the theme as it were.