Development League

BowenBoys

Edin was born in August 2000.

When will somebody born in the 21st century play for the first team? Will it be young Edin, I wonder.

That is young, although he was still born in the 20th century. The 21st century started in 2001. ;-)

• Like 2

Great to see these boys playing at this level and doing well. It will be great experience for them and I'm sure it won't be long before we see one or two making the first team squad. Hopefully for the last 5 games of this season, when our top 6 place is already assured :D

We are playing some real youngsters in the development league these days. The only down side being we're more susceptible to getting poorer results. Last week was typical playing against an Accies side with I think had four overage players, one of whom scored. We had a couple of old heads as well but I reckon the average age of our youngsters is well below virtually all our opponents these days. Kevin Nisbet is I suppose the most experienced underage player and he doesn't turn 19 till March next year.

I note that the Weir Academy is a mere two years old today so it's most encouraging to see so many coming thru the ranks with real potential.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

From the OS tonight:

Thistle and Kilmarnock share six goals in what was a very entertaining spectacle here at Rugby Park.

A pair of Kevin Nisbet penalties added to a first half goal from 15 year old Edin Lynch gave Thistle a more than merited point, and a first draw in the Development League this season.

A special mention must go to Edin Lynch who, at only 15 years old handled the threat of Kris Boyd very well indeed.

Young Edin sounds a bit useful.

Missed the game tonight but you just need to look at the experience of the Killie scorers, Ashcroft, Boyd and Carrick, all incidentally overage (as was Connolly) to see what the lads were up against. Certainly looks like a very creditable point tonight and it must have been some experience for Young Edin.

I've noticed our development team seems to have played a few games where the opposition played several over age (even on occassion long in the tooth) players while we seem to be playing a very young team most of the time. How is the development team to do its job if it's used more as a reserve team (to keep established but not currently regular players fit). Why not have a development league and a proper reserve team league - the SFA has a lot of money and some of it is wasted (just think of any of their officals) and could be used to support this.