Falkirk Game

jdwishbone

Just putting together a sheet for the press tomorrow and the last time we played Falkirk was in the League Cup 2nd round 2005.

Have a look at the line up is there any there you swap for who we have now?

Arthur

Snowdon

Murray

Santala

Smyth (Gibson)

Gibson (Gibson)

Gillies

McCulloch

Brady

Nicholas (McConalogue)

Kilgannon

What a horror show of a team.

I'd have KA back but of the rest, I'd only take big Duke Gentanawa.

Boab McCulloch is too fat for the 1st division and Billy Gibson was useless whatever position we played him in (although he did come in handy diverting THAT free kick in) The rest aren't worth mentioning. Truly horrible team.

Not on that team sheet, but my last outing to Brockville had us start with triallist, big Leon Constantine. I'd have him back in a breath, but not gonnae happen now.

Btw, Lambie said then: "he's no better than we've already got". Could McCall honestly say that if LC was on trial with us now? I doubt it.

Did I dream I once saw Grant Murray score a penalty against Falkirk? :unsure::o

Of that line up I'd have Boab in for Maxwell at centre back and he'd be without any doubt our captain.

Grant Murray is at Starks Park, six points above us in the league, and would be mad to return to Firhill.

Did I dream I once saw Grant Murray score a penalty against Falkirk? :unsure::o

Of that line up I'd have Boab in for Maxwell at centre back and he'd be without any doubt our captain.

Grant Murray is at Starks Park, six points above us in the league, and would be mad to return to Firhill.

You're no doubt right but just out of curiosity why have you quoted my post?

Not on that team sheet, but my last outing to Brockville had us start with triallist, big Leon Constantine. I'd have him back in a breath, but not gonnae happen now.

Btw, Lambie said then: "he's no better than we've already got". Could McCall honestly say that if LC was on trial with us now? I doubt it.

What a game. And what a performance. We could have scored at least double the 4 goals we got that day.

In marked contrast to the game the original poster mentioned where we were lucky to get the equaliser we did.

he wasn't a trialist, he was on loan from Millwall IIRC & I don't think Lambie said what you quoted

Hahaha. I am playing a FIFA 10 season with Hereford and Leon Constantine is actually quite good, fast as well. I noticed he's without a club after being released by Hereford at the end of the last season. Surely not?

he wasn't a trialist, he was on loan from Millwall IIRC & I don't think Lambie said what you quoted

You're right about him being on loan then, Jaggy, but I'm still pretty sure that was Lambie's assessment of him when his loan spell was up and many were calling for him to be kept at Firhill. Can't recall where I read it though.

Hahaha. I am playing a FIFA 10 season with Hereford and Leon Constantine is actually quite good, fast as well. I noticed he's without a club after being released by Hereford at the end of the last season. Surely not?

Not sure what age the big man will be now, but I'm sure he could still teach the current crop of strikers where the net is.

PS Just checked: he's 32 now. :(

What a game. And what a performance. We could have scored at least double the 4 goals we got that day.

In marked contrast to the game the original poster mentioned where we were lucky to get the equaliser we did.

Lasting memory of LC shielding the ball by the corner flag, where we were all standing, with about three Falkirk defenders on his case, snarling and trying anything to dispossess him: "Leon, Leon give us a wave".