Just In

The Terminator

Have to agree that Kinniburgh had a solid game. Boyle impressed me tonight long with Sid's link up play. We just play it too tight in and around the box. When we do get it out wide our crosses come in too early. There must have been at least 3-4 crosses from Paton in the 1st half with only 1 or 2 players in the box.

When was the last time you saw

a) a Thistle full back run with the ball

b ) any attempt (even a token effort) to get to the by-line from open play?

If Boyle and Kinniburgh can come good, we have some hope that the defence is okay. Our lack of a threat up front remains the problem. We need another striker, even a loan until Christmas.

• Members

Cut and thrust is they have a live transmission for overseas subscribers (£11.99 a month they said) and had few problems with it in the SPL. Since coming down to the SFL they had a few issues initially with the governing body, but so far were accommodated fully by Clubs in the SFL.

My workmate is a Falkirk supporter and he was telling me that one of the local pubs streams the live transmission via a proxy. I hope Thistle don't allow them on the gantry for the next home game either unless they are willing to stump up some cash for lost revenue.

I'll tell you what, as a group in general Thistle fans have become what I used to associate with Motherwell fans, a bunch o greetin' faced f**ks.

And before I get pelters along the lines of 'no wonder with what we've had to put up with in recent years' , i'm not blind and i've been putting up with it for the same length of time.

The most noticable example of 'Wellism' is(appart from reading this forum daily) the length of time it takes for the crowd to turn on the team, about 3 seconds if yer lucky, we could be playing out our skins , it only takes one bad pass for that to turn sour.Shocking how quick a cheer turns to pure venomous hate at Firhill these days.

Tonight we were awerite, not fantastic, not great,but awerite. Instead of running over the same old cr*p about our toothlessness ,lack of pace etc etc etc how about this for an after match reaction.

First 45 we more than matched a team just down from the top league, and other than a 15 minute spell in which Falkirk were the better team and scored the only goal of the game through some slack out of defense play, the second 45 were all Thistle. The last 20-25 minutes we were at them time and time again.

Sure it was our short fallings that let us down tonight, and sure we know things need to sharpen up, but we didn't deserve to be beaten, in fact we were fairly unlucky on a few occasions.

Hard lines to the team, it's sad to be out the cup when you don't deserve to be, and shame the MOTM sponsors decided to give it to a winning player as it was clearly Boyle that should have got it.

So, the technology to transmit a game to the fanbase exists and a club like Falkirk has it. Okay, maybe not a budget priority but outlay vs return ...? Does Falkirk negotiate on a one by one basis with opponents or is this all governed by the league? There doesn't appear to be any clear answers to this. I'm not suggesting that the web is a licence for Thistle to print money and neither am I critical of the club's efforts in that regard but, feckin' 'ell, have these possibilities been explored?

Edited by McKennan

I'll tell you what, as a group in general Thistle fans have become what I used to associate with Motherwell fans, a bunch o greetin' faced f**ks.

And before I get pelters along the lines of 'no wonder with what we've had to put up with in recent years' , i'm not blind and i've been putting up with it for the same length of time.

The most noticable example of 'Wellism' is(appart from reading this forum daily) the length of time it takes for the crowd to turn on the team, about 3 seconds if yer lucky, we could be playing out our skins , it only takes one bad pass for that to turn sour.Shocking how quick a cheer turns to pure venomous hate at Firhill these days.

Tonight we were awerite, not fantastic, not great,but awerite. Instead of running over the same old cr*p about our toothlessness ,lack of pace etc etc etc how about this for an after match reaction.

First 45 we more than matched a team just down from the top league, and other than a 15 minute spell in which Falkirk were the better team and scored the only goal of the game through some slack out of defense play, the second 45 were all Thistle. The last 20-25 minutes we were at them time and time again.

Sure it was our short fallings that let us down tonight, and sure we know things need to sharpen up, but we didn't deserve to be beaten, in fact we were fairly unlucky on a few occasions.

Hard lines to the team, it's sad to be out the cup when you don't deserve to be, and shame the MOTM sponsors decided to give it to a winning player as it was clearly Boyle that should have got it.

:thumbsup2: Tend to agree with just about all of that.

We're not scoring thru a combination of an off form not fully fit(?) striker and also not creating enough chances. Apart from that our other faults are marginal and compare well enough with any opposition I've seen this season. Generally speaking I feel the team's playing OK with only the Morton game a real exception. Even at Raith I felt it was the lack of creating goalscoring opportunites that let us down as a team more than the daft mistakes.

Got to wonder why people still get excited when we get a corner. Lets face it nothing is going to come of it almost 2 1/2 years since or last goal from a corner i believe.......shocking

Three of our best chances last night came from corners - Sid in the first half, Doolan and Bombscare in the second half.

I didn't think we were that bad last night, apart from the goal we looked okay in defence and we kept possession well. The lack of penetration up front is a concern - we need Cairney to start making a few more forward runs, he can afford to as Rowson and Hodge will cover for him (one out of being a decent midfielder, the other out of being incapable of doing much else).

I'm more alarmed by our away performances than by last night. It looks like we will be cannon fodder for the rest of the league on the road.

My workmate is a Falkirk supporter and he was telling me that one of the local pubs streams the live transmission via a proxy. I hope Thistle don't allow them on the gantry for the next home game either unless they are willing to stump up some cash for lost revenue.

Presumably only away games?

Maybe PTFC could do a one off special with Michael in the Star n Garter for our first game at New Brockville...

:thumbsup2: Tend to agree with just about all of that.

We're not scoring thru a combination of an off form not fully fit(?) striker and also not creating enough chances. Apart from that our other faults are marginal and compare well enough with any opposition I've seen this season. Generally speaking I feel the team's playing OK with only the Morton game a real exception. Even at Raith I felt it was the lack of creating goalscoring opportunites that let us down as a team more than the daft mistakes.

You are kidding right? we had 3 sitters against Raith and all we could manage was a pass back straight to the keeper, hitting the post when that seemed the hardest thing to do, and turning back trying to beat the man again when side footing the ball at a gaping goal was by far the easiest option.Dont recall us having missed such bad sitters in any other game although Cairneys one last night was a bad miss he shooda scored

Sid, Boyle and Cairney were the best players last night. Sid had a couple of classy touches one of which should have resulted in a goal. Didnt hear much of an acknowledgment from the crowd for it. Compared to when in the second half we passed the ball about 15-20 times without losing it and the crowd start screaming when we play it back. Personally Id rather we kept the ball than lost it, we arent good enough to play any other way and we dont have Cristiano Ronaldo to go on a mazy run. Always amusing when the crowd does this.

As everyone one else has said goals are our problem. Dont think we looked any more likely to score when Buchanan came on either. Hopefully McCall will keep him benched a bit longer yet. I have a feeling our top scorer will end up being a midfielder this season.

Eddie Malone still available as well, not the greates player ever but always a trier. If we could only afford......

I'm surprised Malone hasn't got fixed up yet tho' more likely in a lower division. He's got good attitude and left sided players are nearly always in demand. He's probably only at squad player level for our division. Not a player we need.