Lowly Partick Thistle

GrantB

According to that bastion of journalism The Sun, that is the level that we have stooped to.

CIS Cup round up See the comments about the Dundee Brechin game.

Meanwhile our glorious chairman is using his programme notes to take the moral high ground over Motherwell while leading us on a road to oblivion without a pot to piss in.

I thought Mr. Cowan's programme notes were totally justified and good on him for pointing it out. Well, well F**k yer 'Well.... C**ts! . That they were allowed to sign two of our good players while in administration and be excused payin their dues was scandalous.

I have to say though, it's all very well taking the moral high ground regarding following the rules but, one of the biggest criticisms I have of our board is following the rules blindly or perhaps to feed the greed. We should've said "Boz tae that" when the SPL insisted on 10,000 seats and waived promotion ( Falkirk did, kind of ) . After all, beinng skintoed in the SPL wins you no pals and is a sure fire passport back to where you came from.

The SPL are no pals to us. Why did we keep trying to impress them? We look like the spotty youth tryin to impress the prom queen. Shameful.

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

I thought Mr. Cowan's programme notes were totally justified and good on him for pointing it out. Well, well F**k yer 'Well.... C**ts! . That they were allowed to sign to of our good players while in administration and be excused payin their dues was scandalous.

I have to say though, it's all very well taking the moral high ground regarding following the rules but, one of the biggest criticisms I have of our board is following the rules blindly or perhaps to feed the greed. We should've said "Boz tae that" when the SPL insisted on 10,000 seats and waived promotion ( Falkirk did, kind of ) . After all, beinng skintoed in the SPL wins you no pals and is a sure fire passport back to where you came from.

The SPL are no pals to us. Why did we keep trying to impress them? We look like the spotty youth tryin to impress the prom queen. Shameful.

I think that Mr Cowan should concentrate on getting his own house in order before digging up stuff about other clubs.

I think we ares all intelligenet enough for ourselves to have seen the irony in John Boyle's rant last week without it being pointed out to us in the official Jags programme. Maybe if he concentrated his efforts on addressing the reasons why members of the press are referring to us as lowly Parthink Thistle, many of which are as a direct result of his (and his fellow buffoons) actions.

Not even a jot of sympathy for the unfair, one rule for us another for them, change the goal-posts, environment with which the buffoons have to operate? Like I say, have a go, for sure. There is plenty to take a shot at. But on this topic Cowan's sticking up for us.

:doh:

I think that Mr Cowan should concentrate on getting his own house in order before digging up stuff about other clubs.

I think we ares all intelligenet enough for ourselves to have seen the irony in John Boyle's rant last week without it being pointed out to us in the official Jags programme. Maybe if he concentrated his efforts on addressing the reasons why members of the press are referring to us as lowly Parthink Thistle, many of which are as a direct result of his (and his fellow buffoons) actions.

and many of the other reasons are in relation to the stuff AC talks about. We've been shafted by SPL Clubs, the ICT rule changes and the 're-vote' that condemned us where others (inc Motherwell IIRC) were given a stay of execution.

I know, old news...but still relevant!

:lol::lol::lol:

and many of the other reasons are in relation to the stuff AC talks about. We've been shafted by SPL Clubs, the ICT rule changes and the 're-vote' that condemned us where others (inc Motherwell IIRC) were given a stay of execution.

I'd much rather hear the chairman of our club talking about trying to sort out our own problems before he sticks his oar into something of no direct current concern to us. Classic deflection tactics.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, yeah.

Steven please give us a break from the standard worlds against us excuse that has been trotted out for 10 years now.

The mess we are in is our own fault and no one elses.

Oh sure, Lambie & his team burst a gut to win the league and them & us should have said "eff off spl we dont want promotion"

your 2nd ridiculous post today

i'm begining to think you're at the wind up after your decent post ;ast weekend

Edited by jaggy

Oh sure, Lambie & his team burst a gut to win the league and them & us should have said "eff off spl we dont want promotion"

your 2nd ridiculous post today

i'm begining to think you're at the wind up after your decent post ;ast weekend

I was there to see to Lambie's promotion seasons and no-one was more proud or appreciative of their effort . But building two thirds of a stand to meet the "all fur coat and no knickers" criteria, later abandonned by the SPL, nearly burst our club.

Falkirk, maybe because of council planning permission issues, said "no". We should have too. F**K the SPL. They are not our masters.

Thanks for the compliment though, pal. Just like Liam i can't always hit the target.

Steven please give us a break from the standard worlds against us excuse that has been trotted out for 10 years now.

The mess we are in is our own fault and no one elses.

You may say there's no point crying over spilt milk (and you'd be right) but it's factual and relevant to the discussion. Grant is correct tho, it is classic deflection tactics. The thing that gets me is our BoD deciding not to take the SPL to court, IIRC we had a good chance of winning that case. Anyway, as I said in my first post, old news!

Edited by Steven H

You may say there's no point crying over spilt milk (and you'd be right) but it's factual and relevant to the discussion. Grant is correct tho, it is classic deflection tactics. The thing that gets me is our BoD deciding not to take the SPL to court, IIRC we had a good chance of winning that case.

I'm led to believe that the cost factor of further court action would have been too high.

The one thing I take for compensation in a rather perverse way is that ICT remained in the SPL for five seasons. Every other SPL side suffered re cost of travel, overnight accommodation and lower away crowds. ICT's success was costly. I wonder if they knew that ICT were going to be in their super duper league that length of time if they'd have still been that keen on their inclusion?

no it didn't. We were not in any debt when that was built. The boards decision to extend it, however, put us back in debt.

Maybe we did have the money for the job at the time, but it left us with no money for the team, is the point. This ment doing nothing in the SPL for a couple of seasons then consecutive relegations after that. This was Thistle's, to use a current cliche, "double dip recession" following the "save the jags" era. It is my opinion that this was caused in no small part by the board streching finances to acheive needless targets off the field to the detriment of the quality on it. We are no doubt still suffering from this period. We finished fourth in div two '05-06, remember? 13 points off morton in second place. One of the few pieces of luck we've had over the past decade was getting promoted through th play-offs. That McCall took us to second in div 1 within three seasons of that was nothin short of a minor miracle.

Calling the addition of a few hundred seats to the canal end stand so that it would fill the space an extension is a bit of a misnomer. This was really just completion of the the original plan. The fact that it was not all done at the one time indicates how short we were for cash, even if not in debt.

Builing the stand was not the only work carried out to comply with the pointless SPL criteria. Several thousands were spent on the main stand bringing it up to a sufficient standard. I beleive it may have been at this time the old directors box was extended and work on the roof was carried out. I'm not certain of what was done, but the J.H. and shoebox stands only bring us up to about 8000 seats and the main stand had to pass safety checks to allow us to include it in our seating capacity. We relied on the main stand being in good shape only 7-8 years ago to meet with that ridiculous rule! And spent money on it which makes this "oh the main stand is a dump and not fit for purpose" arguement all the more patronizing and angersome.

and once the the capacity was increased, the TV moved all the matches vs th Ugly Sisters to different days and times and televised them. We never got close to filling the place!

I am still angry about how badly we have been treated by the authorities over the years and while it may not directly excuse the shambles of a BoD we have now it probably has had a fair degree of influence in their thinking and decision making!