Hearts Match Off

Fawlty Towers

with us and hearts now out the scottish, surely the sensible thing to do would play this game weekend of 5th march when i believe next round of scottish cup fixtures are?

The irony being that Hearts won't benefit much financially from a midweek to Saturday switch. The postponed game being a virtual sell out. As pointed out elsewhere a St Johnstone v Jags, or Jags v St Johnstone, switch would make considerable sense from a monetary point of view to whoever was yje home club..

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

HMPH!

Whatever!

Maybe we should move it to the the Algarve or wait till after the Scottish cup final, and we can be sure there'll be no sleet or snow to damage the dainty pitch?

:sad1:

I'm still in the huff with the Hearts.

You must be raging at Thistle then ( again ). Or is your petted lip only reserved for other teams? And spare me this 'canal' keech.

You must be raging at Thistle then ( again ). Or is your petted lip only reserved for other teams? And spare me this 'canal' keech.

Aye... surprised we could afford Bobby Madden's fee.

Really clubs with support the likes of Thistle and Hearts should really be investing more into pitch management. On this issue there can be no discrimination when comparing us to others. There's no excuse or reason for one being less able than the other to sort their pitches. Large bodies of water adjacent to, and above the level of the playing surface and gravity are of no relevance at all.

Still. at least this was called off 4hours before kick off, not 1 and 1/2... Didn't have to shell out for a match ticket in advance...and given the reputation of Firhill and the weather forecast might have had some doubt about it beforehand ... anyhoo... at least this gives me a spare night to have a patronising dig at some fellow jags fans .... We are THISTLE!!!! :fan:

:doh:

From a purely commercial point of view what would be the use of spending extra money on our pitch? So many of our so called support can't be arsed to turn out when the pitch is in relative pristine condition. Money will most obviously have to be spent but let's not kid ourselves that the cost will be easily redeemable.