Like For Like Replacements

allyo

Start of this season the "experts" were all tipping us to go down. Key reason was the loss of important players, and failure to replace them close season. While the new team took a while to get going (and in some cases to recruit), it has been at least as successful, and has the opportunity to exceed last season's outcome.

So considering the replacements of those key players...

Fox for Cerny - Improvement. More consistent,more reliable and earns more points with good saves. Hit the ground running, has been an upgrade from day 1

Balatoni for Lindsay - Promotion from within. Nice to see. Been a learning process but I think Liam has been as good as Balatoni ever was, and wth greater potenial for improvement.

O'Donnell for Dumbuya - Late signing and missed a lot of games but I think when avaiable Mustapha has been an improvement, which is impressive as O'Donnell was important. Miller also important as cover

Higginbotham for Amoo - Took a while to get going. Good recently. And Higgie was rubbish last season anyway

Taylor for Pogba - Okay, to be honest... But, Pogba does a job. Gives us another option, which is important. But it you offered me a swap I'd take Lyle Taylor

Not bad though. Credit to the mangement. Overall as a team, far more resilient. Good progress. Thoughts?

Yes Edwards is looking more than useful these days.

A pity he wasn't ready earlier in the season as his position had been problematic to say the least. In effect we lost Stevenson during the close season as he was playing reasonably well up till his injury but he never recovered. Craigen left as well, which left us a bit wanting in attacking midfield. With Elliott unavailable we couldn't play Lawless inside either. Muirhead couldn't cut it and Fraser was injured too. No wonder we struggled early on

• Like 2

Add to that the improvement of players during the season thanks to their own hard graft and management input.

I honestly believe that players who leave Thistle regress as they don't have the same standard of management at other clubs. Amoo, Elliot, lawless, booth,Miller and even Bannigan have all become better players this year, some because they have been playing regularly. Welsh is now beginning to show what he can do and I expect great things from Edwards and Lindsay next season.

Still waiting for the Pog but I have faith!!