Bunter..."blame Me"

Lindau

I genuinely do not know who I 'blame' but it isn't McCall. The team against Falkirk created enough chances to win the game (even after conceeding one) but we didn't. The team at CBeath created enough chances to win the game (even after conceeding two) but we didn't. The players need to have a word with themselves. Our results are not down to one individual.

I have generally been a Mccall supporter, and I still hope he can turn it round,but he just isnt the same manager he used to be.There seems a real laziness about the organisation of the team throughout games,a lack of movment,no hunger,disorganised at defensive situations, no real thought or plan into what our style is and never,ever an effort to get to the by-line to deliver the final ball.

In short, the manager isn't puttting the work or time in on the training field,it's as plain as the nose on yer face the level of commitment is not the same as when he arrived.

For me Paul Paton is the perfect example of how lazy our manager is being at the moment.Every game he gets one yard over the halfway line and lumps it back to the opposition.McCall has watched that for over a season now and done nothing about it,it is pure agony to watch.Is he giving him no advice or coaching to improve this.Since the deal with Dundee went cold McCall seems to have given up.

He isn't all to blame but there are huge,huge aspects of what he is doing which is losing us games.The annoying thing for me is that I think he still has the talent,knowlege and ability to do it.He just seems to have given up bothering.The buck stops with the manager.

• Members

Well work it out if he he is in the bookies all the time where seen playing everything in there.

McCall clearly fancied the Dundee job. It was a mistake to try and keep him although I do recall most posters on the Jagsforum at the time being relieved when he stayed.

I may be wrong, but I always recall McCalls more successful periods with Clubs he's been with, he's had an experienced Assistant. He's had to make the best of what budget he was given and chose an inexperienced Assistant in Maxi in order to give himself another player. You start to wonder by re-signing all these older players as Assistant and coaches, has he tried to delegate all the work out to these inexperienced guys to free up time for himself to do other things that need done? Is this where it's all going wrong?

Sorry, K E, but that's diluting the arguments pro & con Ian McCall's management. In fact it's verging on the nonsensical.

If someone's seen everyday in a pub that doesn't mean he or she has a drink problem. Indeed most folk with drink problems are more likely to use an off sales and drink at home. If someone is seen more days than not in a bookies does that make them any more or less a compulsive gambler than someone who uses phone betting or the internet?

Sorry Isobel, but I think it is pertinent to the argument. What kind of example does it set if the manager's spotted in the local bookies come early afternoon?

Is it encouraging the players work on their deficiences after 'normal' training hours? No.

How about he and the rest of those involved on the playing front make the most of their limited budget by knuckling down and working on aspects of their game rather than maximising their leisure time.

The guy likes a flutter? Fine. But don't give the impression you don't give a hoot by indulging in your vices under the noses of those you're trying to get onside.

McCall clearly fancied the Dundee job. It was a mistake to try and keep him although I do recall most posters on the Jagsforum at the time being relieved when he stayed.

I may be wrong, but I always recall McCalls more successful periods with Clubs he's been with, he's had an experienced Assistant. He's had to make the best of what budget he was given and chose an inexperienced Assistant in Maxi in order to give himself another player. You start to wonder by re-signing all these older players as Assistant and coaches, has he tried to delegate all the work out to these inexperienced guys to free up time for himself to do other things that need done? Is this where it's all going wrong?

I was out on Saturday night and was speaking to a QoTS player and he told me his version of events ref: Dundee trying to get McCall. To put it mildly he was desperate for the job. He even phoned Chisholm to ask him to go as his no.2. McCall had basically got the job & all that needed finalising was compensation to us. When we started to ar$ey about it they went and got Chisholm himself.

Also was interesting to hear his comments on Cowdenbeath. Apparently Brannigan was absolutely furious they could only win 3-1 at Central Park and accused the players of being complacent etc etc. Dont know what that tells us but it just seems to me that McCalls heart isnt quite in it as much anymore. Sort of what Steve Coppell said at Bristol City when he quit a few weeks aho. Im chucking it because Im just not in love with it anymore...That sort of feels how McCall feels about Thistle these days.

For the record I want McCall to succeed, Ive not really wanted him out...however the last time i felt as bad as Saturdays result was when we lost 4-0 at home to Clyde. 2 weeks later the Bunnet was gone. I think McCall has steadied the sinking ship...we now need someone in who can take it forward. It can be done on a limited budget.

Sorry, K E, but that's diluting the arguments pro & con Ian McCall's management. In fact it's verging on the nonsensical.

If someone's seen everyday in a pub that doesn't mean he or she has a drink problem. Indeed most folk with drink problems are more likely to use an off sales and drink at home. If someone is seen more days than not in a bookies does that make them any more or less a compulsive gambler than someone who uses phone betting or the internet?

If it is the case that he's been seen a lot during the day in the bookies, then I question why someone on full time wages is not doing a full time job at the club, particularly when we clearly need a lot of extra work done - the basics of our game (defending or attacking set pieces, formations for different types of game, making runs off the ball blah blah blah) are all woeful and if we can all see that then it is very worrying that the manager is being reported to be slacking off when we should be tightening up. Why are the BOD not asking where he is disappearing to? I know I can't just wander off from my work whenever I feel like it.

The accusations are worrying, and although unsubstantiated, I think it would be good to know exactly what a usual week's work entails for players and managers, because it doesn't feel like it's time well spent just now - whether they're bunking off or no.

I think I wrote this on another thread on here, for the second half on Saturday we trundled round to the old stand to get a better view of the goal we were attacking and using the logic that a low roof means you can try and create a bit of atmosphere. We were pretty much right behind the Thistle dug out. McCall would call for a sub, they would trot round, take off their tracksuit tops and go onto the park. McCall barely said a word to them. Why was he not telling them what he wanted from them? Why was he not pointing out weaknesess in the Cowdenbeath team that we should be exploiting? Why was he not giving them messages to relay to other players on the park? It was unbelievable.

Whenever another feable attack ended fruitless he would throw his arms in the air, occasionally he would piroet (sp?) with his arms out strecthed. At one point he half heartedly threw his water bottle at the ground. However he was not talking to the players.

He is clueless as a manager. There is no other word for it.

The players have weaknesses, some of them have been apparent for years, the players don't improve on these. McCall should be telling them in training what they need to do to work on these problems. He clearly isn't.

The players aren't trying, it is the managers job to motivate them, it's natural heads will go down and so on, he needs to instill a bit of belief in them, he is clearly failing to do this.

We probably can't afford to sack him, hopefully he will realise he is failing and we are going backwards and he will do the honourable thing and walk away.

I think I wrote this on another thread on here, for the second half on Saturday we trundled round to the old stand to get a better view of the goal we were attacking and using the logic that a low roof means you can try and create a bit of atmosphere. We were pretty much right behind the Thistle dug out. McCall would call for a sub, they would trot round, take off their tracksuit tops and go onto the park. McCall barely said a word to them. Why was he not telling them what he wanted from them? Why was he not pointing out weaknesess in the Cowdenbeath team that we should be exploiting? Why was he not giving them messages to relay to other players on the park? It was unbelievable.

Whenever another feable attack ended fruitless he would throw his arms in the air, occasionally he would piroet (sp?) with his arms out strecthed. At one point he half heartedly threw his water bottle at the ground. However he was not talking to the players.

He is clueless as a manager. There is no other word for it.

The players have weaknesses, some of them have been apparent for years, the players don't improve on these. McCall should be telling them in training what they need to do to work on these problems. He clearly isn't.

The players aren't trying, it is the managers job to motivate them, it's natural heads will go down and so on, he needs to instill a bit of belief in them, he is clearly failing to do this.

We probably can't afford to sack him, hopefully he will realise he is failing and we are going backwards and he will do the honourable thing and walk away.

Well as i was with uberteeb at the game, i would merely like to confirm everything that he has written. The only thing i would add, is that I think McCall actually went for a shite during the game - leaving the sideline for 3-4 mins, returning with nothing more than his own useless head and unforgiveable tactical ineptness. THEN he avoided watching the game to chat with Hinchcliff....Great Job Ian! You truly earned the abuse we threw at you!

McCall actually went for a shite during the game - leaving the sideline for 3-4 mins, returning with nothing more than his own useless head and unforgiveable tactical ineptness. THEN he avoided watching the game to chat with Hinchcliff....Great Job Ian! You truly earned the abuse we threw at you!

Ooofft :blink:

Can you say for certain it was a shite he disappeared for?

Did you actually see it happen? Were there any other witnesses? :ph34r:

Maybe he had to talk to Hinchy and warn him about the state of the archaic bogs and how much of a health hazard they were and they got into a long drawn out conversation over how they compared to other clubs? Or maybe he was giving Hinchy a blow by blow account of his bowel movements? :unknw::secret:

Either way, if McCall did vacate the touchline for 3-4 mins and then took no notice of the game while having a deep conversation with Hinchy, thats a big fat :thumbdown:

Ooofft :blink:

Can you say for certain it was a shite he disappeared for?

Did you actually see it happen? Were there any other witnesses? :ph34r:

Maybe he had to talk to Hinchy and warn him about the state of the archaic bogs and how much of a health hazard they were and they got into a long drawn out conversation over how they compared to other clubs? Or maybe he was giving Hinchy a blow by blow account of his bowel movements? :unknw::secret:

Either way, if McCall did vacate the touchline for 3-4 mins and then took no notice of the game while having a deep conversation with Hinchy, thats a big fat :thumbdown:

Having had Chunky Ian McCall round at my Trendy West End Pad on NUMEROUS occassions, Jim Delahunt can reveal that Jobby has in fact done MANY a shite in yours truly's beautiful toilet. Let me assure you, that man leaves a smell WORSE than that created by Hateley after an all nighter in Millenium Platter! He must have improved his wiping technique as let me tell you, he was in my gorgeous toilet for AT LEAST 45 minutes although some of that may have been spent passed oot on the seat partly due to too much CHAMPERS, but mainly due to the sheer adrenaline and DELIGHT he felt at being in my VOLUMPTUOUS Trendy West End pad and in the company of Jim (hero) Delahunt!!

Jim Delahunt FIRMLY apologises for his LENGTHY absence, I was involved in a GHASTLY night out with Hateley and ended up on a boat to Belarus where my DEMANDS upon arrival to be taken straight to Alyaksandr Hleb's hoose for a few nightcaps were not only DENIED but ended with a night or two in the Belarusian cells! It took a few weeks of persuading, but eventually THE O coughed up the bail money and we were free men of FASHION once more! After that debacle, I felt I DEEPLY required a time of rest and recuperation and have spent my days tending to my crops and starting my own fashion label with Chic Charnley. HOWEVER, I am once again a man of EMPLOYMENT and it is a delight to have my beautiful voice broadcasted on CLYDE 1 and will UNDOUBTEDLY attract a new and DEAD SEXY female audience!

THE CHALLENGE!

Jim Delahunt FIRMLY apologises for his LENGTHY absence, I was involved in a GHASTLY night out with Hateley and ended up on a boat to Belarus where my DEMANDS upon arrival to be taken straight to Alyaksandr Hleb's hoose for a few nightcaps were not only DENIED but ended with a night or two in the Belarusian cells! It took a few weeks of persuading, but eventually THE O coughed up the bail money and we were free men of FASHION once more! After that debacle, I felt I DEEPLY required a time of rest and recuperation and have spent my days tending to my crops and starting my own fashion label with Chic Charnley. HOWEVER, I am once again a man of EMPLOYMENT and it is a delight to have my beautiful voice broadcasted on CLYDE 1 and will UNDOUBTEDLY attract a new and DEAD SEXY female audience!

THE CHALLENGE!

Sorry Jim, I'm not sure I believe your story. The lack of a ship lock at a weir in the Dnieper-Bug canal means that the likelihood of Hateley and yourself ending up on a Belarusian bound boat is very slim!

Edited by Diego

Sorry Jim, I'm not sure I believe your story. The lack of a ship lock at a weir in the Dnieper-Bug canal means that the likelihood of Hateley and yourself ending up on a Belarusian bound boat is very slim!

The captain haddock of said ship INSISTED it was bound for Belarus! The utter ROTTER must have taken us to Lithuania instead! Perhaps that was why they got so offended when we DEMANDED that we be taken to big Alyaksandr Hleb's hoose instead of the gaff of their national footballing icon, Saulius Mikoliunas. They were EXTREMELY jealous of our dashing good looks and winning smiles and this is OBVIOUSLY the reason they threw us in the slammer!

The captain haddock of said ship INSISTED it was bound for Belarus! The utter ROTTER must have taken us to Lithuania instead! Perhaps that was why they got so offended when we DEMANDED that we be taken to big Alyaksandr Hleb's hoose instead of the gaff of their national footballing icon, Saulius Mikoliunas. They were EXTREMELY jealous of our dashing good looks and winning smiles and this is OBVIOUSLY the reason they threw us in the slammer!

Welcome back Jim!

Stay away from the millennium spatter though.

I was out on Saturday night and was speaking to a QoTS player and he told me his version of events ref: Dundee trying to get McCall. To put it mildly he was desperate for the job. He even phoned Chisholm to ask him to go as his no.2. McCall had basically got the job & all that needed finalising was compensation to us. When we started to ar$ey about it they went and got Chisholm himself.

Also was interesting to hear his comments on Cowdenbeath. Apparently Brannigan was absolutely furious they could only win 3-1 at Central Park and accused the players of being complacent etc etc. Dont know what that tells us but it just seems to me that McCalls heart isnt quite in it as much anymore. Sort of what Steve Coppell said at Bristol City when he quit a few weeks aho. Im chucking it because Im just not in love with it anymore...That sort of feels how McCall feels about Thistle these days.

For the record I want McCall to succeed, Ive not really wanted him out...however the last time i felt as bad as Saturdays result was when we lost 4-0 at home to Clyde. 2 weeks later the Bunnet was gone. I think McCall has steadied the sinking ship...we now need someone in who can take it forward. It can be done on a limited budget.

Not been funny but how likely really is a QOTS player to know the private telephone conversations between Dundee FC and the Partick Thistle Manager or between McCall and Chisholm unless he bugs their phone line

Cheers, big chief! Jim Delahunt is DELIGHTED to be back on the INTERNET and in the public view of ADUL(TARY)ATION!! I will endeavour to be more regular in my posts MUCH like Ian McCall's regular posts from his bahookey to my GORGEOUS toilet after a lock in at his beloved Goat and a portion of quality donner! Crikey!