Bunter..."blame Me"

Lindau

I think he has made loadsa errors but we must not lose sight of the fact that he has been allowed to bring in ONE player and ONE loanee from last years squad given that Halliwell, Hinchcliffe, Donnelly, McNamara and Maxwell were at the club at the end of the season. Yes it was his decision to resign them, but that obviously means that the board forced his hands to free everyone at the end of their contracts. We are on the road to oblivion until some of these board members move out.

Edited by Lindau

I think he has made loadsa errors but we must not lose sight of the fact that he has been allowed to bring in ONE player from last years squad given that Halliwell, Hinchcliffe, Donnelly, McNamara and Maxwell were at the club at the end of the season. Yes it was his decision to resign them, but that obviously means that the board forced his hands to free everyone at the end of their contracts. We are on the road to oblivion until some of these board members move out.

I dont think there is a single person now who doesnt know how destructive guys like Prentice, Cowan, Hughes, McMaster, Gilfilan have been to our club.

Well apart from thsoe characters themselves <_<

I think he has made loadsa errors but we must not lose sight of the fact that he has been allowed to bring in ONE player from last years squad given that Halliwell, Hinchcliffe, Donnelly, McNamara and Maxwell were at the club at the end of the season. Yes it was his decision to resign them, but that obviously means that the board forced his hands to free everyone at the end of their contracts. We are on the road to oblivion until some of these board members move out.

For what it is worth , i admired his honesty. I don't blame him for not walking away or even indicating he will. Think we do need jackie and archie back into the team sooner rather than later.

Did think, given we have mostly the same squad as last season, he would have found a system that suits the players we have by now. that does alarm me somewhat.

this is not the worst time our club has gone through (and a good few of you would do well to remember that) but it is certainly no fun at the moment and things need to improve and improve fast.

Statments like this get on my tits, "I need to work the players, make sure that they work their socks off in every training session"

It should be given that's what they do anyway and if they have not been it's down to the manager.McCall has to take a long look at himself as well as the players, he's been going backwards as a manager for a while now.Finger out or get out the door.

I need to find a shape that best suits the players we have.” Given that it wasnt exactly a team full of new players i find that quote a little worrying

Agreed, it is a bizarre quote, unless he has started going down the alleged Dickie Campbell road of training....leaving at 11.30 in the morning and come to think of it I have been in the Hills at Sauchiehall St at dinner time on a few occassios and Mr McCall has been playing the puggies!!! Mmmm

Edited by Lindau

For what it is worth , i admired his honesty. I don't blame him for not walking away or even indicating he will. Think we do need jackie and archie back into the team sooner rather than later.

Dont think they will make a big difference.We need someone who can score goals.

Did think, given we have mostly the same squad as last season, he would have found a system that suits the players we have by now. that does alarm me somewhat.

Agree

this is not the worst time our club has gone through (and a good few of you would do well to remember that) but it is certainly no fun at the moment and things need to improve and improve fast.

I have supported Thistle for over 50years and agree we have seen worse times.But if we were to go down this season i think it would be the end of our club.I used to blame our board 100% but i now feel our manager is equally to blame.Do we really need so many player coaches and if we do what are they doing? Because going by our results so far this season it is not working.If we didnt have so many player/coaches we might have 1 or 2 younger better players in our squad.Also when was the last time we signed a player who has made a big difference to the squad?Although Flannigan looks a not bad player i have not been impressed by any of our signings over the past couple of seasons.

I need to find a shape that best suits the players we have.” Given that it wasnt exactly a team full of new players i find that quote a little worrying

Agreed, sorry who is new apart fae flannigan and balatoni? the christmas tree shape dont work Ian. Greehan, as much as he trys is pants. a young paul keeegan. how come john mcglynn has a similar budget but has done so much better? is it coz your auld pals act dont work down in division one? is it coz u spend too much time in ladbrokes? personally i dont care but sooner u f*ck off the better.

I wonder what his plan for year 5 is, oblivion??

Couldn't believe the score today. Apart from the Dundee game, the writing has been on the wall, with performances in the other games. I said last week here, the next couple of games would determine the season. Yes it is still early and things can turn around, but what results like today do is sicken and put off those who might have come and paid at the gate at Firhill. Season ticket money of course is in the bag, but I must admit I wasn't convinced with the resignings and player/coach roles, and others who should have gone last season, because they were not good enough. I remember the Scottish Cup game against Cowdenbeath at Firhill, as scarves and insults rained down at the tunnel. This forum will be in meltdown for the next few days at this shocking result.

I think he has made loadsa errors but we must not lose sight of the fact that he has been allowed to bring in ONE player and ONE loanee from last years squad given that Halliwell, Hinchcliffe, Donnelly, McNamara and Maxwell were at the club at the end of the season. Yes it was his decision to resign them, but that obviously means that the board forced his hands to free everyone at the end of their contracts. We are on the road to oblivion until some of these board members move out.

Jeez, sounds like the roll call for an old people's home. Add Robertson, Archie, Rowson.....we must have the oldest squad in Scottish football.

In my opinion part of the problem is that all the coaches he has are both inexperienced and too nice. Can't see the likes of Donnelly or MacNamara really clamping down on players during training especially when they are still team mates.

Let's be honest though, if we got rid of McCall just now I really dont see us getting another manager in. The BOD would probably promote from within and we would be no better off

Whilst that my be statistically true, it doesn't mean that it shouldn't happen and save us from watching this type of p1sh week in week out.

Whats the point in sacking McCall?

We have no money to pay him off, we have 2 days to the close of the transfer window and no budget to bring in any other players never mind a manager

And as for sacking the board, im sure they would walk if someone offered them cash for their shares

Whilst that my be statistically true, it doesn't mean that it shouldn't happen and save us from watching this type of p1sh week in week out.

Might not fear of a change failing to deliver anything better and costing the club be holding back the board?

The board may not stand in McCall's way out the door, but is there any point in appointing someone else after the transfer window closes? You can (if you're a "see you next tuesday") always bring in a successor as a coach while the current boss is here.

IF (a big if) home league form can secure 7th or 8th this season, then this will be accepted as a success IMHO. Performances don't matter, just points.

Everytime i talk to people in Maryhill and mention Ian Mccall, all they say is yes i see him in that bookies this Bookies getting sick of it, Do you think Rangers and Celtic fans would put up with it, if we was winning maybe but we are not, he has got a problem with the Gambling.

Edited by kevin energy

Sorry, K E, but that's diluting the arguments pro & con Ian McCall's management. In fact it's verging on the nonsensical.

If someone's seen everyday in a pub that doesn't mean he or she has a drink problem. Indeed most folk with drink problems are more likely to use an off sales and drink at home. If someone is seen more days than not in a bookies does that make them any more or less a compulsive gambler than someone who uses phone betting or the internet?

I genuinely do not know who I 'blame' but it isn't McCall. The team against Falkirk created enough chances to win the game (even after conceeding one) but we didn't. The team at CBeath created enough chances to win the game (even after conceeding two) but we didn't. The players need to have a word with themselves. Our results are not down to one individual.