Pitch Invasions

topcat

Eh he is a Reverend

Wee Stu is not a man of the cloth, he just adopted 'Rev' as a title. He is a PC games reviewer.

The fact that he preaches about independence while living in Bath is somewhat ironic. But he is a sensitive wee soul.

I notice that it is reported that some Sevco trash has suggested that sectarian singing is "preferable" to a pitch invasion - perhaps someone could inform this ignorant piece of excrement that it isn't a case of "either/or" it is categorically "neither" - jings these people never fail to live down to your expectations!

• Like 1

Wee Stu is not a man of the cloth, he just adopted 'Rev' as a title. He is a PC games reviewer.

The fact that he preaches about independence while living in Bath is somewhat ironic. But he is a sensitive wee soul.

Especially so when tweeting an Englishwoman living here (Scotland) that she is no longer welcome.

I ran onto the park after the game twice at Lochburn Park. Once was when the news came through that we had just beaten Ingurlundshire 3-2 at Wembley; the Maryhill game had just finished. The other time was a midweek affair when Maryhill Harp played their last match, thereby allowing the Kingdom of Summerston to come into being.

On both occasions, I'm convinced that even the players themselves would've 'invaded' the pitch had they not already been on it.

Maybe it would be sensible to gauge the size of the occasion and its circumstances rather than prescribing wholesale condemnation of the practice of 'invading' the pitch. Btw, I'm not condoning anything that Hibs or sevco fans did last Saturday, far from it. There is, however, a wee part of me which - correctly or otherwise - senses that the scale of the shitstorm following Hibs' cup win emanated in no small part from the fact that a couple of sevco loyalists were on the receiving end of a skelped nose or something similar . . . as opposed to them being the aggressors. I confess to having a wee snigger when I saw an offishul release from sevco quarters claiming that "up to six Rangers players were injured in the aftermath of the game...". Up to six? FFS, they were either injured or not. If you've had an injury at work that wasn't your fault.......

• Like 1

^^

From what I've read all but one of the Rangers players were heading down the tunnel before Hibs fans could reach them. Kenny Miller for instance was reported injured but his wife tweeted that was nonsense. Of course it's out of order if even one player is assaulted but it's just in line with everything about sevco that they come out with stuff like that. Of course anything they say will be taken as gospel by the likes of the daily ranger.

Hopefully the authorities will deal with the numpties who took advantage of the pitch invasion by exuberant fans to indulge in some thuggish behaviour. They no doubt claimed to be fans but have spoiled what should have a great occasion for their club.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1