This Could Be Fun

lady-isobel-barnett

^^^

re HMRC I'd guess guys like him hate them and would say that.

Though mind you the last boss of them was corrupt. However there is huge corruption throughout the Finance industry and of course in government - whatever corruption is in HMRC (and I'm sure there still is some) is nothing compared to these guys.

• Like 1

^^^

re HMRC I'd guess guys like him hate them and would say that.

Though mind you the last boss of them was corrupt. However there is huge corruption throughout the Finance industry and of course in government - whatever corruption is in HMRC (and I'm sure there still is some) is nothing compared to these guys.

Worked for HMC&E for many years and only ever knew of 2 incidence of corruption and they weren''t on a substantial scale.

He's bang on with the HMRC comment. It's common knowledge that they strike tax deals with companies like Vodafone and Google over cosy lunches in 5 star London eateries, resulting in them paying only a fraction of what they owe. This costs the taxpayer billions, not millions. I don't see the same opportunity being afforded to the likes of you and me. If that's not corruption I don't know what is.

He's bang on with the HMRC comment. It's common knowledge that they strike tax deals with companies like Vodafone and Google over cosy lunches in 5 star London eateries, resulting in them paying only a fraction of what they owe. This costs the taxpayer billions, not millions. I don't see the same opportunity being afforded to the likes of you and me. If that's not corruption I don't know what is.

Of course HMRC is a government controlled body and as we all know corruption has spread from government to civil service as a delberate policy (they didn't like being told that certain things "weren't the done thing" or were just stupid and would mess the economy/legal system/NHS/etc.) - now the top civil servants are as corrupt as the sleasiest politician. Private Eye had a special issue on this recently (revoving door in politics between government and big business).

A major bonus (NPI) from this is that Gareth Southgate gets to be in charge for a while, inc our game against them. Prior to Allardyce being appointed, I was hoping, against all odds, that Southgate would get the nod from the blazers. In my opinion, he's on a par with the bunnet; although I hope these words don't come back to bite me in the St Rollox.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

Just caught a fella on Question Time last night rambling on about too much money in the game. Goes on to mention football life being simpler and so much more honest when his team, the "great Leeds United" of the 60s and 70s were on top of the pile. Conveniently forgot or totally ignorant of the fact Leeds lost a Euro Cup final because of a bent referee. And then of course there was a certain Mr Revie and an end of season match involving Wolverhampton Wanderers, which...well you can guess the rest.