Aberdeen 04/11/16

Lindau

We should have been 2 up before they scored. Azeez again squandering a one on one and Devine putting over from a couple of feet. Can't agree about Welsh's corners. They were much better tonight.

It was clear that Aberdeen are a much better team than us, but we could have drawn that game at least.

As far as refereeing is concerned it amazes me how many decisions the "big" teams get.

Was it, i thought they were very average and there No 23 needs a good swift kick in the gonads the wee diving shite.

Aberdeen looked a slick outfit with some good players...a far better side than any of the others I've seen at Firhill this season(I wasn't at the Hearts Game). We gave them a real game but just lacked the quality to force a draw. More through determination than skillful interplay, we made some decent chances - even with the last kick, Devine sclaffed his shot...and could have rolled the ball across the 6 yard box for a tap-in.

It took about 20 minutes for us to get to grips with our own system & Aberdeen interchanging, but we did ok. Azeez added yet another entry to his Amazing Misses Video. Moving Barton into midfield didn't work and it looked as if Devine, who has otherwise looked a competent defender, lost his offside line again...and Big Stucky was too far off his line for their winner.

I have never been a fan of Elliot but credit to him he had an excellent game...sound defensively and effective going forward. Big Adam is a class act...I look forward to the unlikely "Barton has been a good signing" headline.

Welsh & Osman did reasonably well but aren't gamechangers...that puts the onus on the attacking midfielder in this system to open up defences...I've seen Edwards play a couple of decent games this season and he apparently played well in the last two away games but I thought he was very poor..completed only a few passes & won almost no tackles or headers...he is always rushing in just as the ball is passed behind him. I has hoping Erskine would have been brought on for him at half time.

Disappointing that we yet again we were close to sitting well up the League but end up looking over our shoulders at the clubs behind us.

• Like 1

Thought Aberdeen pressed us out of the game. When teams do that to us we have to move the ball quicker than we do and tonight I thought there was a difference in the quality of player that Aberdeen had compared to us . Despite that there was points to be won with the chances we had but again there was a difference of quality in the players.

Didn't quite get the change in formation , think Archie was thinking he had to do something as we were losing the midfield

An evening of ifs and buts but no points. Can't fault the effort,but sometimes that is not enough on it's own. .

Barton oozes class and Elliot ran himself into the ground. Booth looks like hes coming back to form too.

The right hand side of defence is still a weak spot.

Madden is shite, did he laugh at us at one point? disgraceful behavior if he did.

Maybe it's your eternal criticism and bitchin about the team. To be honest if you really didn't care I'd feel better because you would fade away and stop your negative comments, however feel free to regurgitate some of the positive ones you have posted recently to prove me wrong.

Well for starters, there was the Dundee game. After the RC game I also gave credit to the manager for changing things. The phrase "eternal criticism" is a bit strong and totally inaccurate. I'll call things as I see it, and let's be honest, up until the last few games there were more negatives than positives.

I think in truth Aberdeen could have stepped it up a gear had we scored again but it's so frustrating when they play that risky tactic and we get chances like we did late on in the game. That's obviously why they have dropped so many points, there were times they played like they were 3 up rather than just one goal in it.

Their high pressing does force mistakes and I agree with others that it results in long high balls when our defence are closed down quickly and I thought azeez looked more tired than doolan when he was replaced as he wasn't able to chase down or put his physicality into his game after about 55 mins.

But for the love of god can we please get someone who can take a free kick or corner, welshes efforts tonight apart from the one Barton scored from were absolutely honking.

Have to say I agree with all your pints.

Lastly to note that Bobby madden is a f*cking useless ref and James Madison is a c*nt.

Well for starters, there was the Dundee game. After the RC game I also gave credit to the manager for changing things. The phrase "eternal criticism" is a bit strong and totally inaccurate. I'll call things as I see it, and let's be honest, up until the last few games there were more negatives than positives.

Really? Promotion and three successful seasons in the top flight and there has been more negatives than positives?

WOW!!!

I don't understand why with 5 mins to go Archie didn't fling Barton upfront so at least we had some sort of presence up there to try win high balls. Yet again it seems to be he settled for a defeat to a bigger side. Taking off you 2 strikers and replacing them with midfielders and then putting on mcdaid for his first game of the season I think?

Every other team we play when we have a one goal lead pile players forward and put us under pressure usually with us conceding however we settled for a defeat and at one point seemed to be happy time wasting and playing the ball back to the keeper. Very frustrating.

I don't understand why with 5 mins to go Archie didn't fling Barton upfront so at least we had some sort of presence up there to try win high balls. Yet again it seems to be he settled for a defeat to a bigger side. Taking off you 2 strikers and replacing them with midfielders and then putting on mcdaid for his first game of the season I think?

Every other team we play when we have a one goal lead pile players forward and put us under pressure usually with us conceding however we settled for a defeat and at one point seemed to be happy time wasting and playing the ball back to the keeper. Very frustrating.

McDaid came on against rangers at Ibrox (to booing because of his name) but I agree with your points.

i was more frustrated with the fact that it took till 90 plus minutes for us to realise that if we do a long throw into the box Aberdeen struggled to handle it. Surely someone can throw the ball 20 odd yards?remember the s craigan throw and how teams struggled then?

We are terrible at throw ins anyway so why not just launch it into the box?

Okay - we'll try one more time. I said that this season, up until the last few games - those games took us to 7th - there were more negatives than positives. Do you get it now?

No it's a called a season for a reason. Maybe you'd guys that only listen to the odd game on radio can afford to get up tight on the odd set back, but the rest of us who back the team financially, go to the away games and buy into the team emotionally can't. Maybe that's the difference?

No idea what this means, explain and I'll try to elaborate.

You're a bit stupid then aren't you...or just trying to be a smart arse...

Ryan Edwards.....my view that he has an unfortunate inability to retain possession....see one of your previous comments where I think you questioned my footballing insight...

I don't need you to elaborate thanks.

i was more frustrated with the fact that it took till 90 plus minutes for us to realise that if we do a long throw into the box Aberdeen struggled to handle it. Surely someone can throw the ball 20 odd yards?remember the s craigan throw and how teams struggled then?

Lindsay usually takes throw ins when we play three at the back. His throw ins are every bit as good as Craigan's were.Liam even took a long one from the right hand side tonight. I think the reason he'd been sharing throw in duties with Booth will have been down to his neck injury a couple of weeks back.

You're a bit stupid then aren't you...or just trying to be a smart arse...

Ryan Edwards.....my view that he has an unfortunate inability to retain possession....see one of your previous comments where I think you questioned my footballing insight...

I don't need you to elaborate thanks.

Ok thanks for clarifying, normally out of courtesy I would scroll through previous correspondence but since you have advised yours are not worth looking at I'll save myself time. Thanks.

No it's a called a season for a reason. Maybe you'd guys that only listen to the odd game on radio can afford to get up tight on the odd set back, but the rest of us who back the team financially, go to the away games and buy into the team emotionally can't. Maybe that's the difference?

Okay I'm bored with you trying to be a smart ar5e. I've already pointed out that I'm a season ticket holder, I attend all home games and if my business allows, the away games also. So you can try and play good fan/better fan if you wish or try to shut down debate and slag all those who dare to criticise. But you won't drive me off here. It's a forum for all fans. As I said before, I don't really care about you. Or your ilk. Goodnight.

• Like 1

Okay I'm bored with you trying to be a smart ar5e. I've already pointed out that I'm a season ticket holder, I attend all home games and if my business allows, the away games also. So you can try and play good fan/better fan if you wish or try to shut down debate and slag all those who dare to criticise. But you won't drive me off here. It's a forum for all fans. As I said before, I don't really care about you. Or your ilk. Goodnight.

Sorry Big Col I mistook you for the other Big Col that's a negative git. How do you think the season has gone and how do you think we will do against your expectations?

Lindsay usually takes throw ins when we play three at the back. His throw ins are every bit as good as Craigan's were.Liam even took a long one from the right hand side tonight. I think the reason he'd been sharing throw in duties with Booth will have been down to his neck injury a couple of weeks back.

Well the only time I thought, wow why don't we do that every time, was Lindsay's throw in late on. I have missed the last couple of games as I've been away on holiday and before that it was 4 at the back with the usual left and right back standard throw ins down the line and flicks one to.....noone.

It's a huge potential weapon, one which I think we need to expose more especially if our corners and free kicks are rubbish.

Well the only time I thought, wow why don't we do that every time, was Lindsay's throw in late on. I have missed the last couple of games as I've been away on holiday and before that it was 4 at the back with the usual left and right back standard throw ins down the line and flicks one to.....noone.

It's a huge potential weapon, one which I think we need to expose more especially if our corners and free kicks are rubbish.

Movement in box and even delivery for a couple of the corners tonight was surprisingly good, Devine unlucky in 1st half and obviously the goal...more of that please.