Aberdeen 04/11/16

Lindau

The team seem to do pretty well when I start these threads, bar the Sevconian game, so here we go. Can't see any changes from Saturday's game, why change a winning formula? Even a draw will see us up to the heady heights of the top 6, for at least 18 hours. Unbelievable, considering a few on here had us just about relegated a week ago....lol. It will be a hard game but Aberdeen don't look as good a side as last season and with the cameras at Firhill and confidence going through the roof at the moment, I am certainly confident of getting something from this!

Considering that bottom club Dundee got a crowd of well over 4,000 on a Wednesday night against us, I hope the Jags fans can turn out in force on Friday evening. Has all the makings of a good game, but unfortunately attendances seem to be well down this season. :(

their crowd was a lot nearer to 5000 than 4000 which as you say considering it was a bottom of the league and a wed night is a fantastic attendance

It is going to be a hard one for the manager. He can't drop Doolan, who is maybe just coming into some scoring form. The ball pretty much sticks to Azeez when played up to him as his strength allows him to hold off the defenders. That leaves Edwards, which would be harsh. Some signs yesterday that he links pretty well with Doolan

Aberdeen have a large number of fans based in the Central Belt and a Friday night football / West End session combo is surely far more appealing than NDP on a Tuesday night.

Edit: BB beat me to it - my post was delayed as I was interrupted by an Aberdeen fan phoning about pre-match refreshments next Friday!

Edited by Charlie Endell

On one hand the form of Aberdeen could have dipped and we have an even better chance of beating them and on the other it's two defeats and they will be very eager for a win on Friday. I think Aberdeen have been unlucky the last couple of games so this will be a big test.

Our Friday night games seem to have been pretty decent since the days of St Mirren being an absolute bogey team for us. So very much looking forward to this one, even though we seem to be losing out regarding attendances.

I wasn't at the last two games, but wouldn't mind the same team again.

I don't see there been a crowd nothing of say 4,500, but I would be only too happy to be proved wrong. It'll be a,good test for us as I'm sure MacInnes will pull out all the stops to prevent the Dons losing three in a row. To be fair to them the first of those was down to the incompetence of a certain Mr Collum at NDP and losing 1-0 to Celtic is hardly a crime in anyone's book.

However, we've got to go into this game concentrating on what we can do rather than what the opposition do. If we play as we have been recently, I think there is very chance of us coming away with a result.

Whateve, I'm looking forward to an entertaining game-which as we all know is effectively putting the kiss of death n it!

It is going to be a hard one for the manager. He can't drop Doolan, who is maybe just coming into some scoring form. The ball pretty much sticks to Azeez when played up to him as his strength allows him to hold off the defenders. That leaves Edwards, which would be harsh. Some signs yesterday that he links pretty well with Doolan

Yeah, Archie's got one's of those welcome headaches approaching. Until recently I'd have said Edwards should move deeper and replace Welsh, as this would allow Erskine to claim the attacking midfield berth, but Sean's return to form complicates that. An on form Sean Welsh is a very handy player.

Yeah, Archie's got one's of those welcome headaches approaching. Until recently I'd have said Edwards should move deeper and replace Welsh, as this would allow Erskine to claim the attacking midfield berth, but Sean's return to form complicates that. An on form Sean Welsh is a very handy player.

I don't think Edwards should be played deep. He makes his fair share of misplaced passes, which are less harmful the further up the pitch he plays. Besides he is a far better attacking mid than defensive. I think Archie has a straight choice between playing Erskine or Edwards. If that's the case, a difficult decision.

I don't think Edwards should be played deep. He makes his fair share of misplaced passes, which are less harmful the further up the pitch he plays. Besides he is a far better attacking mid than defensive. I think Archie has a straight choice between playing Erskine or Edwards. If that's the case, a difficult decision.

I think he's played quite well on the odd occasion I've seen him play in a deeper role. He compliments Osman well, but I take your point regarding passing accuracy. He would perhaps need to simplify things and take fewer chances if deployed in a more withdrawn role. If it's Erskine or Edwards I think we have to go with the former. That would be really harsh on Edwards, who has been one of our best players this season, but Erskine provides that spark of creativity.

I think the option also exists to play Edwards and erskine behind one of doolan or azeez in certain circumstances. So I do think they can both be played without having to push Edwards deeper.

Not suggesting that's the right thing to do however!! For me, it has to be the same starting xi (all being well).

Continuity is a great thing in football. 3 games same team (injured goal I apart) has got us 7 out of 9, so I think unfortunately for Erskine he is on the bench.

I am Archies biggest fan, however in the past if there is one thing that has annoyed me is his insistence in changing a winning team when playing against Celtic / Aberdeen, to try to counter their threats, instead of keeping faith with the guys who have got us on a roll.

So same team for me on Friday, with luxury of bringing on Amoo or Erskine if needed