Motherwell 08/04/2017

Lindau

Alan Rough made a save against Clydebank once that probably remains the best I've ever seen from a jags keeper; distinctly remember the guy that took the shot being mobbed by his teammates and then making their way back to their own half, only to have to return in confusion to take a corner. We also won that match 1-0. Today Thomas Cerny came as close as you possibly could to matching that; absolutely stunning save.

The first half today was one of the best I've seen from a jags team; some delightful football and really should have been 3 or 4 up on a very poor Motherwell side. Not sure what happened 2nd half, probably nerves, but we really stopped playing and allowed Motherwell to take over. Thankfully their lack of quality and our defence allowed them very few opportunities; excepting Cerny's wonder save.

Overall absolutely chuffed at what this side has achieved; particularly when you consider we were propping up the division in December. Massive congratulations to everyone at the club.

Remember Roughie's save that day. Thought it was 0-0 but in no way sure

However it has to be said the best goalkeeping performance over 90 minutes was Nicky Walker v. Celtic: 0-0 scoreline

One way traffic for 90 mins. and Walker was incredible

Anyone remember?

his save from van hoidonk (don't know how to spell it )was the best I've seen at firhill

...................................also, really impressed by young McCarthy. That fud Lasley tried to bully him when he came on an he wasn't having it.

Don't get me started on that clown, horrible horrible player- hopefully retires soon! At least we won't see him again this season against us.

Wonder if he has bought a watch yet?