Alba Cup Semi's

Lindau

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the lack of Sky to get BBC Alba in the Aitken Suite would be a problem.

If any of the directors have SKY tv at home, perhaps they could activate access to it's channels online (I don't know much about this but know someone who does it with Sky Sports), and hook their laptop up to the TV. It'll never happen but I'm sure that it IS possible. Even that Zattoo thing that worked for some people could be used in a similar way.

If any of the directors have SKY tv at home, perhaps they could activate access to it's channels online (I don't know much about this but know someone who does it with Sky Sports), and hook their laptop up to the TV. It'll never happen but I'm sure that it IS possible. Even that Zattoo thing that worked for some people could be used in a similar way.

Zattoo hasn't shown BBC Alba for a while now plus you need a commercial Sky subscription if you were to show it to paying customers in the Aitken Suite which I doubt the directors would have for their own home viewing.

It might be alright for some pubs to bend the rules on showing live games but I really don't think a football club would chance it.

Zattoo hasn't shown BBC Alba for a while now plus you need a commercial Sky subscription if you were to show it to paying customers in the Aitken Suite which I doubt the directors would have for their own home viewing.

It might be alright for some pubs to bend the rules on showing live games but I really don't think a football club would chance it.

So it's all round to Eddie P's house. Hey, we could even hold a half time draw!

yes, Definitely sounds like the utterances of a true Thistle supporter here. :thumbdown:

Been there done that and spent to much over the last 20 years. Not gonna get all 2 faced cheering Thistle in the waste of time cup when we're losing every week in the league. Would be great achievement to be crowned Alba Cup champions the same season we get relegated to Div 2.

Not gonna get all 2 faced cheering Thistle in the waste of time cup when we're losing every week in the league.

This.

IIRC Thistle started winning their league games once they where out of the Cup last season as well. I sure hope it will be the same this season.

Been there done that and spent to much over the last 20 years. Not gonna get all 2 faced cheering Thistle in the waste of time cup when we're losing every week in the league. Would be great achievement to be crowned Alba Cup champions the same season we get relegated to Div 2.

Such is the prestige of the Alba Cup Dundee sacked their manager not long after winning it last season. I think McCall should play some of the younger lads in the semi and rest the likes of Rowson & Robbo (even if just back from injury). Maybe as exceptions play either Sid or McNamara alongside the youngsters. We certainly can't afford to be building this game up. The league matches either side of the semi (Ross Co and Falkirk) are far more important.