The Hunt Is On....probably Been On For Some Time.

TartanC4

So the club need to replace big J Turnbull, who unfortunately after he had become a important member of the squad his loan from Coventry was cut short so that his parent club could sell him to Northampton Town.

Archibald has said... It's frustrating for us as we'll now have to go back into the market and find a left-sided centre-back," Archibald said...

"That's what we're doing at the moment but because we're trying to get like-for-like it's taking a bit longer. Hopefully we can get it done sooner rather than later

Thought Turnbull when played at left centreback was one of the few players to avoid excessive criticism this season. He was filling Big Liam's boots and did fine. That's a couple of hard acts to follow and I'll be pleasantly surprised If Archie can bring a suitable replacement this window. A stop gap auld heid with good organisational skill, like a left sided Lee Mair will probably have to do.

• Like 2

Lee Mair did a superb job for us, and I would have liked to see us keep him on for another season.

A few years earlier we got similar good service from another veteran central defender, though at a lower level. If I remember rightly the player was also a big Thistle fan, and was disappointed when released at the end of the season. Who was he? (Not a quizz; I just can't remember his name right now!)

Lee Mair did a superb job for us, and I would have liked to see us keep him on for another season.

A few years earlier we got similar good service from another veteran central defender, though at a lower level. If I remember rightly the player was also a big Thistle fan, and was disappointed when released at the end of the season. Who was he? (Not a quizz; I just can't remember his name right now!)

Andy Dowie?

Lee then found his level at Dumbarton where he's supposed to have done alright at best. Think it highly doubtful he'd have been an effective player for us if he stayed on. Plus with two centrebacks managing us his influence in training wouldn't be necessary.

• Like 2