Volunteers Required

Sandy Gall

Assuming that the chairman would happily stand down if a suitable alternative could be found, I suggest that those interested in forcing his hand put themselves forward.

I'm afraid I'm not qualified for the role, but I'll be interested in any responses.

Over to you fans. Let's find out the depth of this pool.

If (and it is a big if) Cowan and co walked away in the next few days or weeks then I think there might be a consortium of fans willing but not quite ready to take over.

If (and it is a big if) one of them was involved in the forefront the way I suspect he might then I suspect his vision is to sell Firhill, leave the SFL go junior and try and run a sustainable and successful club at lower - but perhaps more realistic - level.

This is not my own vision nor is it what I've heard from the horses’ mouth. Just a hunch. And if I was a betting man I’d say Cowan might walk but the rest won’t.

If (and it is a big if) Cowan and co walked away in the next few days or weeks then I think there might be a consortium of fans willing but not quite ready to take over.

If (and it is a big if) one of them was involved in the forefront the way I suspect he might then I suspect his vision is to sell Firhill, leave the SFL go junior and try and run a sustainable and successful club at lower - but perhaps more realistic - level.

This is not my own vision nor is it what I've heard from the horses’ mouth. Just a hunch. And if I was a betting man I’d say Cowan might walk but the rest won’t.

I recognise that there are a lot of ifs and ands in this post but that idea is absolutely ludicrous. Resign from the sfl? Why?

Assuming that the chairman would happily stand down if a suitable alternative could be found, I suggest that those interested in forcing his hand put themselves forward.

I'm afraid I'm not qualified for the role, but I'll be interested in any responses.

Over to you fans. Let's find out the depth of this pool.

I do not think it is for people to necessarily put themselves forward especially on a fans forum; that is just a way for those against any change to make a point. It is for the shareholders to decide who are the best people to run their club/company.

At the moment we have a mix of discredited shareholders/directors and some who have been given the benefit of the doubt.

I am sure the benefit of the doubt grouping know people who could fill each and every position of the discredited ones. The Trust are also a shareholder so may have suggestions also.

As for the chairman, you certainly wont find the sort of chairman this football club needs on a forum; it needs to be someone with gravitas and integrity, someone whose ego will be flattered to be approached and who will relish the challenge of overseeing sorting out this mess. The chairman should be a non-exec figurehead tha everyone can unite behind and be proud of. IN MY OPINION.

I do not think it is for people to necessarily put themselves forward especially on a fans forum; that is just a way for those against any change to make a point. It is for the shareholders to decide who are the best people to run their club/company.

At the moment we have a mix of discredited shareholders/directors and some who have been given the benefit of the doubt.

I am sure the benefit of the doubt grouping know people who could fill each and every position of the discredited ones. The Trust are also a shareholder so may have suggestions also.

As for the chairman, you certainly wont find the sort of chairman this football club needs on a forum; it needs to be someone with gravitas and integrity, someone whose ego will be flattered to be approached and who will relish the challenge of overseeing sorting out this mess. The chairman should be a non-exec figurehead tha everyone can unite behind and be proud of. IN MY OPINION.

Agreed

Why should we resign from the sfl to be more realistic? We're a bigger and better club than 20 team in the 2 divisions below us, we're bigger than stirling and cowdenbeath, raith rovers, morton, queen of the south, ross county and hamilton. There are arguably more club to add to that list. It's nothing to do with resigning our sfl status, it's more to do with the sfl being more realistic. if we had no debt, the club should be able to run at a competitive level with a mix of pros and semi pros with 2000-3000 fans.

I suggest that those interested in forcing his hand put themselves forward. Over to you fans.

Does anyone know the personal background of this board? Are they greedy businessmen and/or real Thistle fans? Are any of them rich Thistle fans? Surely it's time for them to cough up and pay off McCall?

We should never have sold Harkins. It's part of the reason we are in the position we are in now. We should have pulled out all the stops to keep him. Look how many goals he's scoring for Dumbdee. We should also have kept Tuffey with money provided by directors who joined the club as rich Thistle fans. Where's all the benevolence now?

And don't start about wage-structures, pay equality, etc., etc. We need to hold on to our better players.

And beware, the bank is just running our club into the ground by stealth. Since we got relegated, they've made as much money as they can in interest/overdraft charges while knowingly simultaneously letting the club slowly bleed to death. Postponing the inevitable to feed their own selfish greed. They know exactly how long they can get away with it and when to finally pull the plug. ********. :drink2:

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

these two website show that talent can be foudn within a fanbase to make a dynamic football club.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/

AFC Wimbledon is a fantastic club that is 100% owned by the Dons Trust - http://www.afcwimble...Psection_id=10.

They started from nothing after the original club was taken to Milton Keynes. After successive promotions, and just missing out on the play-offs last year, they are now top of the Conference/Blue Square Premier.

The club continues to share with Kingstonian, a former Conference side that has suffered a couple of relegations. The ground holds about 4,700 but only 1,125 seats. They appear to be getting an average of 3 to 4,000 per game but the tickets are slightly more expensive than ours. Note that they offer 5 year season tickets!

If they hit the big time again, there is an athletics track behind one goal and other space around to enable the club to build a new stadium.

The Jags could learn a lot from AFC Wimbledon.

Edited by kni

AFC Wimbledon is a fantastic club that is 100% owned by the Dons Trust - http://www.afcwimble...Psection_id=10.

They started from nothing after the original club was taken to Milton Keynes. After successive promotions, and just missing out on the play-offs last year, they are now top of the Conference/Blue Square Premier.

The club continues to share with Kingstonian, a former Conference side that has suffered a couple of relegations. The ground holds about 4,700 but only 1,125 seats. They appear to be getting an average of 3 to 4,000 per game but the tickets are slightly more expensive than ours. Note that they offer 5 year season tickets!

If they hit the big time again, there is an athletics track behind one goal and other space around to enable the club to build a new stadium.

The Jags could learn a lot from AFC Wimbledon.

Well that's all fine and dandy, but they're not Wimbledon FC, who were killed off and reborn somewhere else. I'd still right now rather have Partick Thistle FC than FC Thistle of Partick.

England's pyramid system will work quite nicely for them as well. To see how nicely our system works, I invite you to look at the relative merits of Albion Rovers and Spartans. One has a trim new stadium, a full youth structure and an annual income of about £250k. The other is Albion Rovers.

Well that's all fine and dandy, but they're not Wimbledon FC, who were killed off and reborn somewhere else. I'd still right now rather have Partick Thistle FC than FC Thistle of Partick.

England's pyramid system will work quite nicely for them as well. To see how nicely our system works, I invite you to look at the relative merits of Albion Rovers and Spartans. One has a trim new stadium, a full youth structure and an annual income of about £250k. The other is Albion Rovers.

Where did I say that I wanted to kill off PTFC? I was arguing for the fans, via the Jags Trust, to buy the club. The biggest argument against fan ownership are the idiots on here who pick arguments just for the sake of it.

I would support a Scottish pyramid system to include the Highland and East of Scotland leagues plus the Juniors. It has, under the current structures, no chance of being implemented.

exactly.

i think a lot can be learned from looking at afc wimbledon and fc utd regardless of differences of situation. For instance, on the thread i started there was info from fcum regarding a way that they are using to raise money to build thier own stadium. thats a model of fundraising that we could possibly use for a fan takeover which, as alan herron has observerd, requires a structure like the jags trust to be activated.

i suspect a lot of information of value could be gleaned from one trip down to either of those teams - they are also very approachable and open to help.

as a completely hypothetical aside. if ptfc was to go bust - id rather take the chances with entering the english pyramid system with an fc thistle than go into the scottish system pyramid or no. why join the highland league (aka scottish football in general) when you could join the real thing (fa juristiction football). The fact that gretna have been able to go under both administrations at varying points in their history would set the frame for the arguments id be pursuing..

back to topic now we do need volunteers to get anything happening not just for chairman level. FCUM have 300 volunteers and you can see what capacity that gives them. how many have the jags trust had at their peak? how many has the club had at its peak?

exactly.

i think a lot can be learned from looking at afc wimbledon and fc utd regardless of differences of situation. For instance, on the thread i started there was info from fcum regarding a way that they are using to raise money to build thier own stadium. thats a model of fundraising that we could possibly use for a fan takeover which, as alan herron has observerd, requires a structure like the jags trust to be activated.

i suspect a lot of information of value could be gleaned from one trip down to either of those teams - they are also very approachable and open to help.

as a completely hypothetical aside. if ptfc was to go bust - id rather take the chances with entering the english pyramid system with an fc thistle than go into the scottish system pyramid or no. why join the highland league (aka scottish football in general) when you could join the real thing (fa juristiction football). The fact that gretna have been able to go under both administrations at varying points in their history would set the frame for the arguments id be pursuing..

back to topic now we do need volunteers to get anything happening not just for chairman level. FCUM have 300 volunteers and you can see what capacity that gives them. how many have the jags trust had at their peak? how many has the club had at its peak?

I'm sure there is the basis of a good company on this forum. I for one would be happy to help regardless of the role.