Getting A Doing Every Week

Duncan

What do you all think of this quote from Maxwell? he clearly hasn`t a clue how "to put things right"!

“There is a part of me that thinks we would be better getting beaten by four or five and getting a doing every week because then you can start working towards putting things right and seeing where you are going wrong."

What do you all think of this quote from Maxwell? he clearly hasn`t a clue how "to put things right"!

There is a part of me that thinks we would be better getting beaten by four or five and getting a doing every week because then you can start working towards putting things right and seeing where you are going wrong."

He may easily get his wish. In my form book getting beaten by Cowdenbeath & Stirling 1-2 translates into four an five goal doings from the likes of Queens, Pars, County & Falkirk. Guess what's our next four league fixtures :( .

Ok,Maxy,if you are not seeing where things are going wrong here's a few observation.

1.We are disorganised at defensive situations

2.we have no attacking set pieces that have worked for three years

3.we never shoot

4.we shat out of tackles

5.the midfielders are not getting into the box in numbers quickly enough to support any attacking play.

6. there is no overlapping on the wings.

7. our crossing is abysmal,mainly punted in from the halfway line instead of the by-line.

8.There is no team spirit or leader on the pitch

9.every time we go up the park we are vunrable to losing a goal on the counter attack.

10. we have no pace.

11. about a hundred other things that a blind man on a wobbly bike could see.

If a coach or manager is honestly saying they cant see what's wrong with that team then they shouldn't be involved in professional football

Ok,Maxy,if you are not seeing where things are going wrong here's a few observation.

1.We are disorganised at defensive situations

2.we have no attacking set pieces that have worked for three years

3.we never shoot

4.we shat out of tackles

5.the midfielders are not getting into the box in numbers quickly enough to support any attacking play.

6. there is no overlapping on the wings.

7. our crossing is abysmal,mainly punted in from the halfway line instead of the by-line.

8.There is no team spirit or leader on the pitch

9.every time we go up the park we are vunrable to losing a goal on the counter attack.

10. we have no pace.

11. about a hundred other things that a blind man on a wobbly bike could see.

If a coach or manager is honestly saying they cant see what's wrong with that team then they shouldn't be involved in professional football

never going to get me disagreeing with above but as an unhappy clapper please note the following.

1/Paul Paton was actually seen using his left foot in pre match practice. Maybe only once, might even have been more often.

2/Paul Paton used his left foot on Saturday probably as often as he had in all previous games this season.

3/Paul Paton crossed the ball with his left foot to decent effect on at least two occasions.

4/Paul Paton will shortly sign an extension to his contract.

5/Paul Paton will be sold for in excess £2million in January.

Well three out of five were correct :thumbsup2::)

never going to get me disagreeing with above but as an unhappy clapper please note the following.

1/Paul Paton was actually seen using his left foot in pre match practice. Maybe only once, might even have been more often.

2/Paul Paton used his left foot on Saturday probably as often as he had in all previous games this season.

3/Paul Paton crossed the ball with his left foot to decent effect on at least two occasions.

4/Paul Paton will shortly sign an extension to his contract.

5/Paul Paton will be sold for in excess £2million in January.

Well three out of five were correct :thumbsup2::)

So you're basically suggesting that what's wrong with Thistle just now is Paul Paton?? That amazes me.

So you're basically suggesting that what's wrong with Thistle just now is Paul Paton?? That amazes me.

Lighten up! If anything I was suggesting that not everything is as bad as the picture angry gaz was painting. According to McCall Paton has been practising with his left foot recently. The evidence was there for all to see on saturday. That shows that not all the coaching is poor. So in fact I was saying the complete opposite of what you post.

Lighten up! If anything I was suggesting that not everything is as bad as the picture angry gaz was painting. According to McCall Paton has been practising with his left foot recently. The evidence was there for all to see on saturday. That shows that not all the coaching is poor. So in fact I was saying the complete opposite of what you post.

No probs, if I've misread your post then I apologise.

I do get fed up with all the criticism of PP, if you look at the stats I would bet we have scored more goals from his assists than any other over the last period.

YES IT IS.THAT'S WHY I'M ANGRY :angry::mad2:

If a Thistle fan won the Euromillions, cleared the debt, paid off McCall, brought back Lambie, redeveloped the ground to 4 sides with two stands of 4000, one of 2000 and a 2000 safe standing area behind the City end, built up a state-of-the-art Youth Academy at Twechar, invested modestly into the first team so we won promotion then came 3rd in the SPL the following year with a team of Dorrans-esque youth sparks, got to the semi-final stage of the Europa Cup, being eliminated on away goals by the eventual winners, Hamburg, having surprisingly won the game in Germany 1-0...

Will you change your username to gaz?

If a Thistle fan won the Euromillions, cleared the debt, paid off McCall, brought back Lambie, redeveloped the ground to 4 sides with two stands of 4000, one of 2000 and a 2000 safe standing area behind the City end, built up a state-of-the-art Youth Academy at Twechar, invested modestly into the first team so we won promotion then came 3rd in the SPL the following year with a team of Dorrans-esque youth sparks, got to the semi-final stage of the Europa Cup, being eliminated on away goals by the eventual winners, Hamburg, having surprisingly won the game in Germany 1-0...

Will you change your username to gaz?

ARE YOU JOKING.....WE TOSS AWAY 1-0 ADVANTAGE TO A BUNCH OF FUDS LIKE HAMBURG AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BE HAPPY??? :mad2::mad2: