TV and Attendance

topcat

We just managed over 2000 last night with a little help from ICT away supporters.  Was this Friday night TV deal a loss maker for the jags?  Its seems to be for the support.  

The atmosphere with 3000+ fans is certainly greater and the 12th man can always make that difference especially after our equaliser.  

Although probably contractually obliged this season to commit to these live games I might like Thistle to decline next season (if we stay up) going by the game last night

• Like 1

Isn't it the SPFL who arrange the TV deals? Doubt if individual clubs have much choice.

It's not only the fact that the game's on TV that keeps folk away but the crazy 7.05pm kick-off. (I believe that's to allow the new to start at nine.)  I couldn't get home from work and out again in time for the cup replay so just watched what I could catch on TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Isn't it the SPFL who arrange the TV deals? Doubt if individual clubs have much choice.

It's not only the fact that the game's on TV that keeps folk away but the crazy 7.05pm kick-off. (I believe that's to allow the new to start at nine.)  I couldn't get home from work and out again in time for the cup replay so just watched what I could catch on TV.

Agree-the 7.05 kick off is a joke. How those ICT fans got here, God only knows. Bet it was a happy long journey up the road,mind.

On 3/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, westertonjagfan said:

Agree-the 7.05 kick off is a joke. How those ICT fans got here, God only knows. Bet it was a happy long journey up the road,mind.

The 7.05 kick off is indeed a joke as are the clowns that run our game kowtowing to the BBC. In this instance tho' the earlier kick off would be beneficial to the away support. They'd have to take an afternoon off work as it is and they'd get home that bit earlier (maybe in time for a pint).

8 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The 7.05 kick off is indeed a joke as are the clowns that run our game kowtowing to the BBC. In this instance tho' the earlier kick off would be beneficial to the away support. They'd have to take an afternoon off work as it is and they'd get home that bit earlier (maybe in time for a pint).

Just looking at the stats for the first of the recent 'experiment' Friday night games, that was against Morton, in 2011 and the KO was 7.45. That experiment worked as I can remember there was a good crowd at the game.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, topcat said:

We just managed over 2000 last night with a little help from ICT away supporters.  Was this Friday night TV deal a loss maker for the jags?  Its seems to be for the support.  

The atmosphere with 3000+ fans is certainly greater and the 12th man can always make that difference especially after our equaliser.  

Although probably contractually obliged this season to commit to these live games I might like Thistle to decline next season (if we stay up) going by the game last night

I think there was 124 ICT fans. We had just over 2000. I don't think the 12 th man thing really counted to our defeat. More terrible first half/tactics/ starting XI.  Why we lost the game Caldwell.:happy2:

12 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I think there was 124 ICT fans. We had just over 2000. I don't think the 12 th man thing really counted to our defeat. More terrible first half/tactics/ starting XI.  Why we lost the game Caldwell.:happy2:

Ran outta haha's.

Horrid kick off time right enough, I'm not against Friday night football, the right game with right kick off time can be great fun. V Morton and v st Mirren being great examples for me.

4 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Ran outta haha's.

Horrid kick off time right enough, I'm not against Friday night football, the right game with right kick off time can be great fun. V Morton and v st Mirren being great examples for me.

Ran out of likes. It would be sensible to have teams that do not have a long distance to travel playing each other at awkward times, ie Friday night, Sunday or near Christmas, new year. But then again this is Scottish football, sense doesn't come into it.

7 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Ran out of likes. It would be sensible to have teams that do not have a long distance to travel playing each other at awkward times, ie Friday night, Sunday or near Christmas, new year. But then again this is Scottish football, sense doesn't come into it.

Xmas Eve fixtures a couple of seasons ago had St Johnstone traveling to Kilmarnock, Motherwell hosting Aberdeen, Inverness going to Sevcoland and of course us up at Dingwall. Round trips there between 160 and 360 plus miles.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Xmas Eve fixtures a couple of seasons ago had St Johnstone traveling to Kilmarnock, Motherwell hosting Aberdeen, Inverness going to Sevcoland and of course us up at Dingwall. Round trips there between 160 and 360 plus miles.  

Exactly what I was getting at lib.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

It does not. I don't want to go off topic but had expected Ian Maxwell to have started to improve things by now.