Good Ridence Cowan And Hughes?

Ozieptfc

As long as Hughes has the love of the club at heart, he will hand back the shares. But at a recent AGM, he didn't seem to think there was an issue with McMaster leaving with his. Mind you beattie had a problem with it. So it could go either way.

Just glad 2 of the 3 idiots are away.

In an ideal world, Prentice will resign by the end of the week. Gilfillan will step up to the plate after spending just as much time on the Board as the rest of them, but hiding. And Bannerman will live up to his billing as being one of the few folk who has the fans interests at heart, in a Board meeting, and step up.

As the one's with the cash, maybe Beattie and Allan will stump up the 150k it will take to sack McCall, or at least tell him he has until christmas to get it sorted. He might just realise, another sacking and all he will have will be 2nd division teams chasing him to take a job.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent this e-mail to Cowan yesterday and I'm very glad he's now gone. Much better than a reply.

john toland

To [email protected]

FAO Allan Cowan.

As a Partick Thistle fan, I'm deeply upset, as are many, MANY others to see the state of the club that it is in. We have apparent "Fans" at the helm of the club, such as yourself, McMaster and Hughes and what do we get from you lot? This? If you watch these games and realise that we will fail to exist this time next year due to horrendous money management on the board's behalf, then you'd do the decent thing and resign. We cannot afford to pay Mr McCall off due to swirling debts at the club and he's bringing us nowhere, and why should he resign? And jeopardize his own financial security, after all he was offered a new contract by the board not long ago. The crowds are falling fast, people are becoming uninterested and genuinely worried. This can't go on forever and one day maybe we will fail to exist as Partick Thistle Football Club.

I hope to hear back from you.

John.

Shut the door behind you.

I sent this e-mail to Cowan yesterday and I'm very glad he's now gone. Much better than a reply.

john toland

To [email protected]

FAO Allan Cowan.

As a Partick Thistle fan, I'm deeply upset, as are many, MANY others to see the state of the club that it is in. We have apparent "Fans" at the helm of the club, such as yourself, McMaster and Hughes and what do we get from you lot? This? If you watch these games and realise that we will fail to exist this time next year due to horrendous money management on the board's behalf, then you'd do the decent thing and resign. We cannot afford to pay Mr McCall off due to swirling debts at the club and he's bringing us nowhere, and why should he resign? And jeopardize his own financial security, after all he was offered a new contract by the board not long ago. The crowds are falling fast, people are becoming uninterested and genuinely worried. This can't go on forever and one day maybe we will fail to exist as Partick Thistle Football Club.

I hope to hear back from you.

John.

Shut the door behind you.

Good on you for emailing in, but considering how easy it is to visit the official site and see who's in the Boardroom, how often the mcmaster share thing is discussed on here, I find it incredible how some folk either don't take in what they are reading, or are just plain lazy.

Unexpected and best news that has come out of Firhill for a while.

I will however hang back from a full celebration.

First things first, all their shares should be handed back, along with McMasters. Someone earlier mentioned Cowan bought a small share so is "entitled" to them. Well in my opinion he doesn't and if he has any decency as a 'Jags fan' he should realise he doesn't deserve to have them after the way the Club has been run under his leadership.

Unexpected and best news that has come out of Firhill for a while.

I will however hang back from a full celebration.

First things first, all their shares should be handed back, along with McMasters. Someone earlier mentioned Cowan bought a small share so is "entitled" to them. Well in my opinion he doesn't and if he has any decency as a 'Jags fan' he should realise he doesn't deserve to have them after the way the Club has been run under his leadership.

Unfair, he paid for them so that's that mate.

I was just thinking the same thing. If only I could figure out how to join online I would do so.

The http://www.jagstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/ page seems to have the paypal link missing.

As David said, the Trust site was hacked down to the barebones because of a software bug being exploited. I spent quite a while trying to bring it all back to life from cache pages, but some pages were too old and missing things (like the Paypal object) and had to be redone from scratch. This should be sorted soon. :thumbsup2:

As David said, the Trust site was hacked down to the barebones because of a software bug being exploited. I spent quite a while trying to bring it all back to life from cache pages, but some pages were too old and missing things (like the Paypal object) and had to be redone from scratch. This should be sorted soon. :thumbsup2:

I think I still have the source code for that , drop me a PM if you need it

So will all those fans who werent going coz of the 2 of them suddenly start flocking back to Firhill ?

It's not as simple as that. The damage is much deeper.

It's now up to the new blood (and hopefully more of them to come) to entice them back. Which I believe there is a better chance of, now Cowan and Hughes have finally done the decent thing.

ok, maybe there is a wind of change blowing through Firhill. If one thing comes out of this, it is that I hope we all start pulling together, get behind the club and all work to get us out of the position we currently occupy.

Unfortunately, as there is a split in the support as to whether we have the right manager, I can see the arguing starting all over again........by about 4:50pm on saturday.

For my part, I'll be joining the trust next month at my next game (son's birthday saturday so won't make it).

So will all those fans who werent going coz of the 2 of them suddenly start flocking back to Firhill ?

I texted 6 of my lapsed mates when the news came out....these are guys that were regular home and away-ers from the 60s and 70s and season ticket holders up to the Dickie era. Two have already replied saying they will be back on Saturday, one of them being Sting from the PTFC.NET days. I had a great day at Ayr on Saturday but Firhill is my spiritual Saturday home, so roll on the Dunfermline game!!

Edited by Lindau

RESULT !!

I've been Mr Negativity since these two clowns (& another director at that time) kicked the 800 Club in the nuts (and kept kicking while they were down), but no more.

I will now return to my previous whole-hearted support for the club, and the team, and start spending a bit more around the club than just the basic entrance money.

It might be rose-coloured spectacles, but I really hope for a new era in the running of the club and the new board will have my backing unless they prove that they don't deserve it.

A great day, indeed, and I thank the Jags Trust reps (I assume that their meeting with the board tipped the balance) for finally forcing these guys to see the writing on the wall.

My JT membership will be renewed asap and I urge as many fans as can afford it to do the same and give the JT some real clout.

RESULT !!

I've been Mr Negativity since these two clowns (& another director at that time) kicked the 800 Club in the nuts (and kept kicking while they were down), but no more.

I will now return to my previous whole-hearted support for the club, and the team, and start spending a bit more around the club than just the basic entrance money.

It might be rose-coloured spectacles, but I really hope for a new era in the running of the club and the new board will have my backing unless they prove that they don't deserve it.

A great day, indeed, and I thank the Jags Trust reps (I assume that their meeting with the board tipped the balance) for finally forcing these guys to see the writing on the wall.

My JT membership will be renewed asap and I urge as many fans as can afford it to do the same and give the JT some real clout.

Glory hunter. Why not sell one of your many Costa properties, hire the services of the chauffeuse out to the 100 or so other undercover millionaires at Firhill and go for the big win? :P;)

There is a point here. We should make something of an effort to turn around the dropping gate sales this Saturday to show that we as fans approve of the changes so far, and give the new regime some confidence that the fans will show up. I was going anyway but I'm dragging the whole family along now. If we could get a result on the pitch as well, then that would be something eh!

There is a point here. We should make something of an effort to turn around the dropping gate sales this Saturday to show that we as fans approve of the changes so far, and give the new regime some confidence that the fans will show up. I was going anyway but I'm dragging the whole family along now. If we could get a result on the pitch as well, then that would be something eh!

What new regime? Two departures and the appointment as full director of a guy who'll be getting the legs pulled off him when the first wee thing goes wrong? Eeeeeasy tiger. :)

Edited by McKennan

OK folks, time for a bit of candour over the events of the past few days:

The Club intends to carry out a wholesale restructuring of the way it is run. At Friday's meeting, the Club outlined its intention, but since things are at an embryonic stage, no detail could be provided. The Trust were offered a place at the table to participate in and assist with setting the strategy for this major surgery. In effect, we were being asked to go forth from the meeting and whip up enthusiasm amongst the supporters for this restructuring process.

The reality is that it's pretty difficult to sell another "leap of faith" against the backdrop of the baggage that has built up over the last few years, and we said as much, in the strongest possible terms.

We made it clear that we could not support this if it amounted to a talking shop. The flip side is that if the Club are really serious about creating a fundamental change in process and ideology, then the fans need to be part of that process, playing a meaningful role in shaping the strategy.

So, we asked for evidence that the Club board was really willing and able to change; evidence that we being asked to buy into more than empty promises. Today's announcement is at least part of the result, but more work is needed from all sides.

For me, the Club board have taken their own leap of faith in the fans and the Supporters' Trust. For me, they have taken the first steps to show that they mean it this time, and it's up to all of us to do our part to make sure that this is a success. I thank Messrs Cowan and Hughes for agreeing to do the right thing for our club.

The Trust has a part to play in providing leadership going forward, but having been disconnected from your own club for so long, each and every fan will have a role to play in the coming months.

The public meeting announced on the Trust website could have been one of two beasts: a call to man the barricades or a rallying call to support the Club and play a part in reshaping it into the football club that you all want and deserve.

The announcement today shows a willingness to effect meaningful change. There will be more substance to this over the coming weeks, and a lot of hard work over the coming months. I hope you can join in. Start by coming to the Dunfermline game on Saturday, if you can make it, and I would encourage all who have not done so to join your Trust. The Trust needs to change as well, and I hope that this is just the first step on a very long and fruitful road.

David Stewart

Chair

Jags Trust

What new regime? Two departures and the appointment as full director of a guy who'll be getting the legs pulled off him when the first wee thing goes wrong? Eeeeeasy tiger. :)

I think we're all glad to see the back of Cowan and Hughes, but rather than wait and see just now, we should also send a message to who is left that if they respect the Supporters wishes through it's representation, then they will enjoy our support. I'm not saying it's all going to be rosy now, but we should at least give a nod of approval when we get things we want.